Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: SCX-10 Trail Honcho vs Power Wagon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2015, 08:56 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: SCX-10 Trail Honcho vs Power Wagon

The rear on my Power Wagon is what kept really hanging up on mine. Every time I would drop off a ledge, the body would hang up. I'm running Scaler Fab bumpers and sliders and it has made a world of difference on how well this body has held up.

Trimming the body is pretty easy you just need some lexan scissors. I've got a set from Dynamite that I have had forever.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2015, 02:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
The rear on my Power Wagon is what kept really hanging up on mine. Every time I would drop off a ledge, the body would hang up. I'm running Scaler Fab bumpers and sliders and it has made a world of difference on how well this body has held up.

Trimming the body is pretty easy you just need some lexan scissors. I've got a set from Dynamite that I have had forever.
The bumpers with the Power Wagon do make it a very tempting choice once I want to upgrade in the future to make mine a custom rig.

I think I'll get the Wagon.
Do the ScalerFab bumpers come with screws or something so they can mount onto the chassis?
ZzSniperzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:58 PM   #23
RCC Addict

To be honest, I don't remember. I removed the plastic cross member and used machine thread M3 screws and lock nuts for all 4 screw holes on each bumper. I bought a screw kit from Screw Loose hardware and it has saved me a world of headaches. I have no hobby shops near me and the local Fastenal doesn't carry anything M3.

You could ask Scaler Fab if he could (or normally does) include the hardware. He is a vendor here and emailing him through his site he responded quickly to me emails.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX-10 Trail Honcho vs Power Wagon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project B.A. Power Wagon (Bad A** Power Wagon) freetimecrawler 1.9 Scale Rigs 1 12-30-2018 07:19 AM
1964 Dodge Power Wagon Town Wagon bodean 1.9 Scale Rigs 32 05-29-2015 11:02 AM
My first trail truck RAM Power Wagon dirty_coyle Axial SCX-10 12 11-25-2014 09:18 AM
scx-10 power wagon (old school style) zonkerd Axial SCX-10 18 02-15-2012 12:10 AM
SCX-10 Trail bumper on Honcho Slowkrawl Axial SCX-10 1 08-18-2010 07:52 PM