Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Lots of play in my SCX10 axles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2015, 10:30 PM   #1

Default Lots of play in my SCX10 axles?

On my SCX10, I'm getting almost 1/4" of play forward and back in the tires. Does anybody know what is causing this or how to fix it? It is almost bone stock.
Derekuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2015, 07:58 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Lots of play in my SCX10 axles?

You mean that you can turn the tires forward and backwards a little? That is normal for the stock diff lockers. The axle shafts fit in there kind of loose.

If you want to get rid of it there are a few different spools and lockers on the market (Vanquish, Hot Racing, Locked Up to name a few) that replace the locker and the plastic case. Some of them use set screws to keep the shafts tightly in place, others are just machined to be a tighter fit for the axle shafts.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:07 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Location: in a tree home atop a redwood tree on the corner of yonder and timbuktoo

mine does the same thing and has been for about two years now (its probably worse than yours now) , its "normal" for scx10s and wraiths (crappy stocker lockers) and i don't plan on fixing it until it completely goes. when it does i plan on replacing it with locked up's f1 spool but in the mean time i just beat on it
lil' bear 4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

FI spool is tight as hell. zero slop. Downside it is very difficult to get apart again, at least for me it is. I still really like them.
FloridaCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:49 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Location: in a tree home atop a redwood tree on the corner of yonder and timbuktoo

good to know and all the more reason i will be buying those
Old 09-09-2015, 10:02 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

earlier i assumed its the lockers but its good to check a few other things and make sure-
first check to make sure your wheel nuts are tight.
second to make sure it is the lockers- lift the truck up and try to turn the front two tires (do the same with the rear) opposite of themselves (one clock wise and one counter clockwise) if they do turn its the lockers. if not, well its time to get your hands dirty and start taking it apart looking for worn out/ broken parts. hope this helps

Lots of play in my SCX10 axles? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**added a video.. help!!** cc-01 GPM steering kit has lots of play.... why? heinie_21 Tamiya XC/CC01 17 12-11-2011 11:52 AM
found a place in sioux city to play( lots of pics) DeweyCJ5 Iowa 11 05-04-2009 02:02 PM