Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Boom Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2015, 10:39 AM   #21

Default Re: Boom Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebullet View Post
but you can bet the farm its not going to last.
What is it you were saying about opinion based on what they heard from their sisters boyfriends friends uncle?

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 11-12-2015 at 10:45 AM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2015, 10:46 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

I think the issue of longevity would be based on who's driving im most definitely not one of the "here hold my beer" crowd....prolly why im.not much into wraiths and such....some stuff may last for some people and it would have nothing to do with the part
stevetate12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:52 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
What is it you were saying about opinion based on what they heard from their sisters boyfriends friends uncle?
you are right harbor freight does sell a few things that last for awhile, things that dont have moving parts mostly. Didnt hear that from anybody though
onebullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:13 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Fact.

A lot of the Chinese brands use the same proprietary alumargerine to cast many parts out of. It bends, threads strip out and the parts are usually carbon copies of the plastic junk they replaced.

There are some out there such as HR that have rock solid and dare I say innovative parts on par with or above what some of the "big names" bring to market.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:34 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Hearing many good arguments here....
What i missed however is that there are many who simply cannot afford expensive stuff like VP axles, Tekin motors and such. So there's are market for brands like Boomracing and they offer a wide variety of affordable upgrades, hop-ups, whatever to please those who also want to have fun in this hobby. Isn't that what it's all about in the end?
So high end (perhaps even) overpriced items may be better. But please, define better? I once had an expensive Tekin motor and i drove the hell out of it and i died a premature dead. So i seeked salvation ( ) in cheap Novak Terra Claw's which are still running (drove them to hell and back twice already. You guys should come drive the Ninglinspo trail here in Belgium. If your car makes 1000 feet without issues, you have a capable truck).

Back to the main question: why should a brand like Boomracing have lesser rights on a "G6 certification" then any other - by some - holy declared brands?
They came, they did, they survived....

Last edited by MaFoDes; 11-12-2015 at 12:15 PM.
MaFoDes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:01 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Just my 0.02 but alot of us enjoy the hobby but we dont comp and such so theres really no need for example vanquish parts i personally dont need super expensive parts for my rig as for usa vs china even on 1:1 rigs its a toss up there have been plenty of times where a chinese knock off is and has been more than adequate lets face it most of the products made in north america are manufactured in the same manufacturing plants in china as the knock offs besides alternatives to a certain piece creates competition in the marketplace which can lead to a better price from any manufacturer for the consumer.
scalemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:12 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaFoDes View Post
What i missed however is that there are many who simply cannot afford expensive stuff like VP axles, Tekin motors and such. So there's are market for brands like Boomracing and they offer a wide variety of affordable upgrades, hop-ups, whatever to please those who also want to have fun in this hobby. Isn't that what it's all about in the end? So high end (perhaps even) overpriced items maybe better. But please, define better? I once had an expensive Tekin motor and i drove the hell out of it. So i seeked salvation ( ) in cheap Novak Terra Claw's which are still running (drove them to hell and back twice already. You guys should come drive the Ninglinspo trail here in Belgium. If your car makes 1000 feet without issues, you have a capable truck).

Back to the main question: why should a brand like Boomracing have lesser rights on a "G6 certification" then any other - by some - holy declared brands?

Regardless I'm sure the point half made about "g6 certification " was pretty much the certification was a joke. Kinda like the jeep having a "trail rated" badge.

G6 certification makes squat to me........ and I'm sure if I say g6 or recom enough I may get in trouble. Lol
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:28 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaFoDes View Post
What i missed however is that there are many who simply cannot afford expensive stuff like VP axles, Tekin motors and such. So there's are market for brands like Boomracing and they offer a wide variety of affordable upgrades, hop-ups, whatever to please those who also want to have fun in this hobby. Isn't that what it's all about in the end?
So high end (perhaps even) overpriced items may be better. But please, define better? I once had an expensive Tekin motor and i drove the hell out of it and i died a premature dead. So i seeked salvation ( ) in cheap Novak Terra Claw's which are still running (drove them to hell and back twice already. You guys should come drive the Ninglinspo trail here in Belgium. If your car makes 1000 feet without issues, you have a capable truck).

i can completely relate to a slim budget. I think my main post was a little too aggressive with the negative comments.... oops

In my experience with life, you should get the best tool available to you to do the best job you can. Some of the chinese knock off parts will do fine and a few people that get that exact same part will have an early failure, its a lottery with them.

If its what you can afford and it works for you, im glad you can enjoy the hobby. If you look up an online definition of harbor freight you will understand my comparison a little more. (cheap chinese imports with questionable quality)

nothing wrong with ballin on a budget
onebullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:43 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebullet View Post
**********If you look up an online definition of harbor freight you will understand my comparison a little more. (cheap chinese imports with questionable quality)****
I read you there... I ordered cheap mp3 players for my kids. $2,50 each
They broke after 2,5 day also
Old 11-12-2015, 08:01 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

G6 recon, g6 recon, g6 recon... nope, not in trouble yet

Bringing the pain since 1968
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:37 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
G6 recon, g6 recon, g6 recon... nope, not in trouble yet

The problem is you got it backwards.

As far as boom racing only thing I got from them is the yeti rear shocks brackets and the front bumper mount that bolts to the shock tower. I don't for see any issues with those parts and they look good enough for me. Went with those because they are the ones that made them in blue.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:03 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
The problem is you got it backwards.

As far as boom racing only thing I got from them is the yeti rear shocks brackets and the front bumper mount that bolts to the shock tower. I don't for see any issues with those parts and they look good enough for me. Went with those because they are the ones that made them in blue.
Gecon R6 Gecon R6...

Old 11-13-2015, 06:07 AM   #33
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
Gecon R6 Gecon R6...

Infraction given.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:14 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
That's a good reason to go with them, sometimes the China parts are the only ones offered in a color or style we want. That's is why I have the links I do on my Deadbolt. So far they have help up very well. *knocks on wood*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
And some companies that I normally don't run have some really good parts, such as Hot Racing's trans gears.
A little off topic but do you recommend the set with the lightened "diff" gear or the set with the solid one? Or does it matter?
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:17 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Infraction given.
Great, now my insurance rates will go up. LMAO

Old 11-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Boom racing being the official shock of the ReconG6 has nothing to do with the certification.

Being the official shock of the ReconG6 means they have became a sponsor for the ReconG6 series. Just like HH motors, Tekin ESC, Pitbull tires, ect....

The certification comes thru running the 12 hour endurance known as TheFix. I personally ran the event and it was brutal. I enjoyed the challenge and will return next year.
TODBLDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:34 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

I ran it this year....will not be attending next year.

It was all based on time and had nothing to do with the scorecard. You could of literally picked up your rig and just walked it through gates for 12 hours and it would of been certified.

Some that passed me were missing gates, going through gates the wrong direction, penalty winching (pulling rig over with tow strap by hand) and hogging. So they were faster....their times determined the cutoff time which eliminated other that were actually winching and pulling the harder lines/gates the correct direction.

I digress though, I have confidence in my rig, no maintenance for almost a year and wheeled for 12 hours on a most challenging course I've done at a recon g6. Also boom racing will be getting certs for some of their items as people were running their stuff.

Ps. You west coast guys have it nice with all that traction :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:28 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

I hate to hear that. I was running with a friend that has a prosthetic leg and had a top trans gear failure on my first lap which caused me to take a repair at gate 86. I made the cut off without any problem. Finished the 12 hours with only 4 gates and 4 penalty winches. All penalty winches were at gate 17 on Fix 1 after dark. The rig fell off in a nasty hole twice and there was no clear line to get back on course even with the servo winch. I don't see how anyone didn't make the 5 lap cutoff in 8 hours.

#TheLab
TODBLDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:23 AM   #39
Rock Stacker

Hey guys.

So I just wanted to chime in that ATees is really close with Boom Racing, and that they'd like to make it incredibly clear on their stance for their products.

They know that there are going to be some people who don't enjoy them as much as other brands, and they understand that. All they'd like is a chance. If it still doesn't hold up to expectations, let them know why. They're willing to improve on parts if people have issues with them. One thing they've personally looked into is the leaking issues. Most customers don't seem to have leakage issues, or to the degree that some people's had them, but the minute we told them of the leaking issue, they went to work right away to try to fix it.

Not everyone's going to love them. They understand that, and they'll continue to try their best to change that. But they're trying hard to dispel the notion that all Chinese brands are crap. 'Cause they really aren't. There's lots of good stuff that comes out as well.

Just figured I'd give my thoughts on it. The scale crawler community is one that both ATees and Boom Racing highly respects because of how dedicated and friendly the people are. Anything we can do to support the community and keep it growing is a-okay in our books.

Last edited by AsiaTeesHobbies; 11-16-2015 at 03:23 AM. Reason: missed a word.
AsiaTeesHobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:26 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsiaTeesHobbies View Post
But they're trying hard to dispel the notion that all Chinese brands are crap. 'Cause they really aren't. There's lots of good stuff that comes out as well.
I have to second on that. When i took the Type-G's of my Losi NC and had a pic' of the LNC without the shocks on Instagram, within an hour i received a message saying that they where wondering if something might be wrong with them, what was wrong with them and what would be a solution.
Well, there was nothing wrong with them . But the fact that they keep an eye open for issues and don't just let it slide, strenghtens the faith i have in 'm.

Boom Racing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boom Racing parts??? RABIDFOX Chit Chat 118 11-19-2017 04:20 PM
Boom Racing wheels Jeckler Chit Chat 13 05-30-2016 08:49 PM
Boom racing G2rebel Vaterra Twin Hammers 16 01-15-2016 03:10 PM