Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Boom Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2015, 07:55 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Boom Racing

So I just saw an email from AsiaTees and it claims that the Boomracing Boomerang shocks are the official G6 shock. WTH?

I thought the shocks were junk with everything I have read...

What is the real story?

Bringing the pain since 1968
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2015, 09:31 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Boom Racing

They ran them in the 12hr G6 endurance event in vegas. If your product survives you get to slap the G6 certified logo on it. What exactly have you read about them besides they are junk? What are people saying about them? All I can find is reviews like someone just bought them and haven't even drove the truck with them on and they are great, or something from atees about how great they are. Definately nothing bad and no reviews after extended use.

Last edited by FloridaCrawler; 11-11-2015 at 11:23 PM.
FloridaCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:34 PM   #3
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Seems like a meaningless title? Not likely for a crawler shock to fail to the point where you can't drive the thing.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:23 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

The devils advocate.....
So yes, i am sponsored by A'tees and i do have them Type-G shocks.
Beside the fact that they are already pretty to see, they really aren't bad. I've driven with more worse shocks. So a meaningless title? Coca Cola is/was the official sponsor of the World Championship soccer. Does that make the players run faster, shoot further? No. But Coca cola bought the title. Boomracing had to do something for it. As far as i know they have been present in person at the Fix, helping people out with their set-up and otherwise.
The Type-G has some downside as i have tested them. The rod end needs to be wider (will be so in future versions) and they are still too long (110mm) for most scalers/crawlers (will be shorter versions available in the near future). But with some creativity (they used brackets to install them more diagonal) they helped fixing that at the Fix.
They have a really nice smoothness to them, the fact that you can set them up the way you want them to be, makes them versatile. So far, they are outperforming my Gmade Zero's, and those come at double the price.
Boomracing is very aware of what's going on and are interested how their products are experienced. As i took them of the LNC to install them on my G6 rig. They did notice that on Instagram (i told no one, just did it) and send me a message why i did that, what the reasons were.
MaFoDes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:55 AM   #5
20K Club

When I saw the "Official Shock of the G6" I lost a little respect for G6. I've purchased and installed 6 sets of Boom's shocks and a bunch of drift parts for the Sukura (only people who made stuff that wasn't pink). From what I have seen firsthand, it's just another cheap chinese brand that is fooling people with cheap prices and trying to sponsor anyone who will promote their stuff until people catch onto it being another Integy/Capu/3Racing/etc quality brand. They offered to sponsor the G6 I am guessing and that's really all it takes.

The whole "G6 certified" seems ridiculous to me as well. If the only test is to "survive" 12 hours of running then how hard is it to get certified?! IF a part can't last 12 hours of driving at a unspecified pace then you have way bigger issues...

But I will say that the idea of it and the hype that everyone buys into on is a tip of the hat to how well it has been marketed.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:14 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I love the look of those shocks, not going to lie, but don't think I would ever buy a set. I just don't think they would hold up in the long run. Plus I personally don't care for shocks with internal springs, haven’t found a set yet that I like.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
So I just saw an email from AsiaTees and it claims that the Boomracing Boomerang shocks are the official G6 shock. WTH?

I thought the shocks were junk with everything I have read...

What is the real story?

I love "expert" threads that start off with I've "heard" or I've "read" these are junk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
When I saw the "Official Shock of the G6" I lost a little respect for G6. I've purchased and installed 6 sets of Boom's shocks and a bunch of drift parts for the Sukura (only people who made stuff that wasn't pink). From what I have seen firsthand, it's just another cheap chinese brand that is fooling people with cheap prices and trying to sponsor anyone who will promote their stuff until people catch onto it being another Integy/Capu/3Racing/etc quality brand. They offered to sponsor the G6 I am guessing and that's really all it takes.

The whole "G6 certified" seems ridiculous to me as well. If the only test is to "survive" 12 hours of running then how hard is it to get certified?! IF a part can't last 12 hours of driving at a unspecified pace then you have way bigger issues...

But I will say that the idea of it and the hype that everyone buys into on is a tip of the hat to how well it has been marketed.
If you lose respect for something that easily I guess it never meant much to begin with.

You say that like all Integy/Capu/3Racing stuff is junk. It's not. I have some excellent Integy Wraith wheels that have served me well. I have tons of 3Racing stuff, including Sakura products, and they've never let me down. I've never tried Boom shocks, but I have used some small items from them that, again, never failed. Are my Integy wheels as nice as my Gear Heads? Hell no. But I paid roughly $100 more for the Gear Head wheels. But are they junk? Hell no.

Taking anything and lumping it all into a pile of junk is just stupid and closed minded. That's like saying everything Axial makes is great. We all know that's not true. I mean you have to immediately throw away their plastic links on RTRs and upgrade the transmission to metal gears because the idler gear WILL get destroyed. Then there's the horrible Trail Ready bead locks, etc.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 07:01 AM   #8
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
If you lose respect for something that easily I guess it never meant much to begin with.

You say that like all Integy/Capu/3Racing stuff is junk. It's not. I have some excellent Integy Wraith wheels that have served me well. I have tons of 3Racing stuff, including Sakura products, and they've never let me down. I've never tried Boom shocks, but I have used some small items from them that, again, never failed. Are my Integy wheels as nice as my Gear Heads? Hell no. But I paid roughly $100 more for the Gear Head wheels. But are they junk? Hell no.

Taking anything and lumping it all into a pile of junk is just stupid and closed minded. That's like saying everything Axial makes is great. We all know that's not true. I mean you have to immediately throw away their plastic links on RTRs and upgrade the transmission to metal gears because the idler gear WILL get destroyed. Then there's the horrible Trail Ready bead locks, etc.

Failing and just not being high quality are two very different things. Like I said, I bought 6 sets of the shocks. I still have 4 of them but they are not quality pieces. Do they still hold a spring and go up and down? Yup. Do they hold oil well? Nope. Do the shock shafts move around way more than they should? Yup.

I installed a full steering setup for my Sukura, it had more slop than the stock plastic did. Bearing pockets were crazy sloppy, and in the end I had a front end that rattled around.

None of the parts have failed, but that doesn't mean anything. I guess they would all still be G6 certified

And I totally agree that not all axial parts are good for what I plan to do with them. I will say that I do have a weird double standard when I compare a stock part on a RTR vs a marketed upgrade part. I don't expect every part on a RTR to be winner. Every company has their bad parts, the VP brake calipers for example is not something I recommend. And some companies that I normally don't run have some really good parts, such as Hot Racing's trans gears.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:07 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I love "expert" threads that start off with I've "heard" or I've "read" these are junk.

Well I never professed I was an expert and I have not claimed nor passed judgment on the shocks.

I did state that, "I have heard..." I do not see what the issue is with that.

And yes I have read on several forums and FB groups that the shocks are "junk".

I am not sure why you are taking this personally. If you are sponsored by them or simply love their parts that is what it is and no one is passing judgment on you.

This was only a post to see if what I have been reading is not true as I like the look of shocks for scale appeal.

I do not know Harley personally however, I do weight his opinions as much as my own when it comes to reviewing a part.

I am always amazed when threads devolve into personal criticism of others.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:12 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
From what I have seen firsthand, it's just another cheap chinese brand that is fooling people with cheap prices and trying to sponsor anyone who will promote their stuff until people catch onto it being another Integy/Capu/3Racing/etc quality brand. They offered to sponsor the G6 I am guessing and that's really all it takes.

^This
100% agreed.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:25 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

I wasn't going to say anything about Boom Racing cause if you can't say something nice...

I ordered two sets of Boom Racing axle adapters for Yeti. One of them did not even have the pin groove machined into it and another was drilled off center and unusable. Which makes me wonder how well centered any of the other hubs were as well. This tells me that both their machining practices and quality control are sub-par and I won't be buying any more parts from them.

So yeah, being "Recon G6 Certified" has lost some respect from me as well. Think I'll stick to "I Tried to Break it but Couldn't Certified"
mikebecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:04 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I've bought axial and rc4wd stuff and have had hit or miss quality too.....axial.is usually just plastic stuff....rc4wd usually metal .....its been my experience that its 6 of one and half dozen of the other I mean these aren't real trucks so I do really blindly spend money on whatever .......some stuff works better than others but for the most part I've had no problems with the cheaper integy/boom racing stuff .....
stevetate12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:11 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Mainstream mass produced parts that I have used and had no problems with;

Hot Racing
GearHead
STRC
GPM
SSD
Vanquish
RPM

Other companies I have used and have had issues with either quality, fasteners or usability;

Vanquish
RC4WD
3Racing
Level 3

Last edited by Vengeance; 11-12-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:20 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

See it all depends I have had issues with hot racing and gpm......but id still buy from em......like i said 6 of one half dozen of the other this particular forum is just an axial ad space just like SBG is one for rc4wd and as far as the G6 thing ....that to me.is just a paid for add by boom.racing like.anything else
Old 11-12-2015, 09:39 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
Well I never professed I was an expert and I have not claimed nor passed judgment on the shocks.

I did state that, "I have heard..." I do not see what the issue is with that.

And yes I have read on several forums and FB groups that the shocks are "junk".

I am not sure why you are taking this personally. If you are sponsored by them or simply love their parts that is what it is and no one is passing judgment on you.

This was only a post to see if what I have been reading is not true as I like the look of shocks for scale appeal.

I do not know Harley personally however, I do weight his opinions as much as my own when it comes to reviewing a part.

I am always amazed when threads devolve into personal criticism of others.

It wasn't personal at all. I just think it's funny when people take things they hear, read, or see on the internet as fact. When you come on the internet to do research you typically find more bad than good. That's because, in my opinion, people post on the internet to vent when things are bad much more often than they will post just to praise a product.

You should try a product yourself before making a final judgement in my opinion.

I say that because I've read countless things saying 3Racing, Integy, etc are horrible only to find some good products for the money. Again, will these inexpensive products compete with top of the line products? Typically not, but sometimes you will be surprised.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:42 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

G6 certified is the new "trail rated" badge eh?
WHITE-TRASH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:59 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
It wasn't personal at all. I just think it's funny when people take things they hear, read, or see on the internet as fact. When you come on the internet to do research you typically find more bad than good. That's because, in my opinion, people post on the internet to vent when things are bad much more often than they will post just to praise a product.

You should try a product yourself before making a final judgement in my opinion.

I say that because I've read countless things saying 3Racing, Integy, etc are horrible only to find some good products for the money. Again, will these inexpensive products compete with top of the line products? Typically not, but sometimes you will be surprised.
I see where you are coming from but by your wording I believe you misinterpreted my first post which may or may not be my fault due to how I worded it.

To be clear, I did state, "I heard", and was, I thought, apparently asking for input, bad or good.

Unless I have actual experience with something I would never pass judgment on it. I have been in the RC hobby too long to do otherwise.

Thank you,
Jason

Old 11-12-2015, 10:12 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Personally I think too much credit is given to the expensive stuff I have had a hit miss experience with a range of makes ..boom.racing is no different and honestly to look at what is they generally sell I thought they mainly sold rebadged integy stuff the only thing I've become picky on through trial and error is drive train parts ......drive shafts etc......but....i believe boom raci g or integy not sure which just came out with some really cool looking drive shafts that are pretty scale looking i would.still try em
Old 11-12-2015, 10:16 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetate12 View Post
Personally I think too much credit is given to the expensive stuff I have had a hit miss experience with a range of makes ..boom.racing is no different and honestly to look at what is they generally sell I thought they mainly sold rebadged integy stuff the only thing I've become picky on through trial and error is drive train parts ......drive shafts etc......but....i believe boom raci g or integy not sure which just came out with some really cool looking drive shafts that are pretty scale looking i would.still try em
I fully agree on the "too much credit given to expensive stuff".

Old 11-12-2015, 10:34 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

imo discussing RC part companies is the same as the Ford vs Chevy debate

Everybody has an opinion based on what they heard from their sisters boyfriends friends uncle and will stick with it to the grave because thats what others around them do.

I said this in another thread but this is a good spot too. Pretty much every company that makes parts has some sort of failure in one way or another but some will still love it. Usually the only way to tell a part is truley terrible is when it's universally accepted that it's a bad part with a full list of facts and evidenciary photigraphies.

to me boom racing and asiatees (the people that sell them) are basically the harbor freight of RC, its a fraction of the cost for a reputable brand and will do the job for a bit but you can bet the farm its not going to last.
onebullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Boom Racing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boom Racing parts??? RABIDFOX Chit Chat 118 11-19-2017 04:20 PM
Boom Racing wheels Jeckler Chit Chat 13 05-30-2016 08:49 PM
Boom racing G2rebel Vaterra Twin Hammers 16 01-15-2016 03:10 PM