RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   Harley's Build Sheets - Testing (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/550139-harleys-build-sheets-testing.html)

Harley 11-25-2015 11:41 AM

Harley's Build Sheets - Testing

1 Attachment(s)
I recently had my buddy Howard ask me to come up with a checklist for builds. I got to thinking about it and figuring out how to make it convenient for new builds, in progress builds, and completed builds. So I went through and listed all I could fit on one sheet with editable spots for user input. I also added a check box to use as you wish, for me I think I'll use it as a "Have It" box.

Attachment 330913

To download the sheet, go to my site here: Build Sheet – BETA! | Harley Designs

I suggest downloading the Adobe Acrobat app on your mobile device, you can fill it out and save it right from your phone or tablet.

Post up any comments are thoughts, but remember I have very limited space to fit this all in on one sheet of paper.

hotwheels000 11-25-2015 12:12 PM

Re: Harley's Build Sheets - Testing

Love it, people always ask what my rigs have in them and my standard answer is IDK... becuase I have a bad case or CRS:mrgreen:

Now make it an app and allow it to save multiple build sheets for all my trucks..... I can barely manage google hangouts, how the heck am I supposed to figure out all this reader crap:flipoff:

Or, I will have to go old school, print it out, mark it up with a pencil and file it in the cabinet:lmao:

Teasley4Crawlers 11-25-2015 12:17 PM

The only thing I added to it was a place to record my wheelbase.

Going to fill one out for all my trucks.

Maybe for some people a place/column next to each one to write the price $

Harley 11-25-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teasleycrawler (Post 5338891)
The only thing I added to it was a place to record my wheelbase.

Going to fill one out for all my trucks.

Maybe for some people a place/column next to each one to write the price $

Let's not leave a clear record of what we say these are worth...:ror:

Harley 11-25-2015 12:33 PM

But on the topic of price, I could add a field for the price and have a box that automatically summed all of them up. The issue is that if I do that, I am cutting space away from the text fields which may already be getting cramped.

How important is it to see cost to everyone?

Teasley4Crawlers 11-25-2015 12:36 PM

I was thinking it would be for people building budget trucks to plan it out, not to really keep track

My wife would kill if she found one of these with prices, lol"thumbsup"

Harley 11-25-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teasleycrawler (Post 5338904)
I was thinking it would be for people building budget trucks to plan it out, not to really keep track

My wife would kill if she found one of these with prices, lol"thumbsup"

What's this budget word you speak of?

Right, and I can clearly see the benefit of having it. I guess I just really need to find the space.

Teasley4Crawlers 11-25-2015 12:47 PM

Yeah now that I said that and looked again, there really isn't room after you fill it out with the info. :?:

AJ. 11-25-2015 01:31 PM

I don't know about everyone else, but I absolutely want no record of what my builds cost. First off it would probably scare me, but mostly if the wife stumbled across it she would have a come apart.

:ror:

fr8cture 11-25-2015 01:52 PM

I already make my own lists of costs (surpised how little I actually have into my JK8 compared to what I thought where it would be. :ror:) and some of the lines are cramped on the one I filled out before the check boxes were added. Sections to put link lengths would be cool if they would fit.

Harley 11-25-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ. (Post 5338943)
I don't know about everyone else, but I absolutely want no record of what my builds cost. First off it would probably scare me, but mostly if the wife stumbled across it she would have a come apart.

:ror:

My same thoughts echoed perfectly.

Big Daddy 11-25-2015 02:32 PM

I still stand by my rigs being about $300-$400... no matter what it costs to get there.

outbacksam 11-26-2015 04:44 AM

Thanks Harley for this!
As Im a "returning" r/c:er,(I did alot of rc in the 80's) I will use this for my coming scale crawler build.

Maybe add a section there you could fill in information of what you have as a rawmodel, I mean if you are building a 1/10 of lets say "tim cameron latest rockracer" you might want to add info or measurment from the
1:1 car/truck/rockracer or even pics.

Just an idea?
//Sam

Squirell 11-26-2015 08:13 AM

Thanks Harley I will defiantly be using this.

One thing I noticed tho it's missing a slipper

Tech 11-26-2015 07:16 PM

This will be good to have just for the information aspect. Don't much like the idea of the price option for reasons posted above. Terrified to know just how much I've put into this one I have. It's broke the 4 digit mark about a month ago. Lol

Bananaclip 11-26-2015 07:42 PM

Very nice contribution to the community Harley. "thumbsup"

Zookk 11-26-2015 07:46 PM

Seems a bit too fancy, I'm used to scribbling my ideas down on napkins from the lunch room. I've been thinking about trying this paper I hear so much about. However, skipping that step and having a .pdf on the phone might allow me to keep track of my napkins... err project ideas.

Postclanker 11-26-2015 10:48 PM

Would save me from making notes on my freakin phone all the time "thumbsup"

Great idea Zookk

Better yet...Better idea Harley....you can choose to add price if you so desire....two pages is coming ....yup

Olle P 11-27-2015 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy (Post 5338977)
I still stand by my rigs being about $300-$400... no matter what it costs to get there.

And I think you're correct! How much we spend on them and how much they're worth have very little correlation. Most modified rigs have a value in the $300-$400 range, while the money spent to get there is typically some 2-5 times as much.

Personally I got into the hobby of leather work this autumn and have tried to keep track on every expense.
It's interesting to see how much of the costs go into each of the categories tools (33.1%), material and consumables (leather, dye, glue, thread, rivets, etc.) (48.7%), media (books, patterns, etc.) (6.9%) and shipping (11.4%).
It's scaring to see the actual amount of money invested though :|, but at least I now have a decent set of "lifetime" tools and a good stock of material to make just about anything I want!

sic1to 11-27-2015 07:50 AM

Very handy with multiple builds! My notebook will get retired now"thumbsup"