Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 1 link lower with panard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2015, 05:44 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 1 link lower with panard

hi has any one any experience with a one piece lower link and a panard bar like the avalance engineering snipper. or hogans bronco. any help would be great
steven318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #2
Proverbial threadkiller

Default Re: 1 link lower with panard

What kind of help are you looking for?

I went and did some Google image searching for both of those,

--------------------------------------------------

Looks to me like the Avalanche Sniper is still a standard 4 link with the lowers heavily triangulated at the chassis end, (ie, Siggy's Avalanche Sniper, more accurately, post #37, 5th picture). Same way I'm running my links in

JUNKFOOT

I don't run a panhard or watt's link, the lowers control the side-to-side well enough like they are. I would guess if I disconnected one of my uppers, that would loosen things up significantly, and then I'd need a panhard. No plans on that at this point, though. I think the only way I'd go that route is if I decided to run a CMS (chassis mounted steering) of some sort. But really, I just don't have any interest in that.
I think Losi might have run their lowers in the same fashion on their comp crawler, and the night crawler.

----------------------------------------------------

As far as my 'Hogans Bronco' search...... I found ROCKEDUPRICKY's build thread, and haven't even made it past page 1 yet. Mind blown.
If you lumped all your suspension one one pivot like that, then there'd be no way to get by without a lateral locator. In Ricky's case, the transverse leaf is acting as a watt's link. I'm going to have to leave yet another tab open, and go back later and check out the rest of the build.

-------------------------------------------------------

Lately I had been wondering about doing a two-link, similar to what Ford had on their Twin-Beam axles (p/u's, Explorers, Rangers). I thought of having some kind of wraparound clamp made to enclose the axle housings with mounting points above and below the housing. Then the lowers could control the axle housings from twisting forward and back, and I wouldn't need uppers (then I absolutely would need a panhard or Watt's link). I just get the feeling that if you held the ends of a Scorpion/SCX axle housing, as soon as you put any power into them, the pinion would climb up the ring gear and twist that housing apart.

For me, since I don't have the time to invest in building award winning concours vehicles, and also don't need to worry about getting scale points, I have a hard time finding anything that works better for me than the tried and true 4-link/axle mounted steering servo setup. Guess I just still haven't made the transition from Basher to Scaler yet.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I think it's actually called grader ball suspension if you want to Google for some ideas.
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:11 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

perfect didnt no what it was called thanks, was thinking of using a revo ball stud and machining a mount or if i could get rod ends that wher heavy duty not too impressed on the traxxas ones had a few failures in the past with treads pulling
steven318is is offline   Reply With Quote

1 link lower with panard - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
level 3 rc panard fix puffntough760 Axial Wraith 0 12-31-2013 05:09 AM
Lower Link Ends Sh0rtBus Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 5 08-29-2012 09:21 AM
lower link location? S ARR T 8 General Scale Talk 0 01-25-2010 06:39 PM