Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: LCC or AX10 base for shafty?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2016, 02:46 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default LCC or AX10 base for shafty?

Hey up folks,

So , I'm dangerously close to receiving my UGC Fastback chassis - stuck in customs :-( - but hopefully pick it tomorrow!

Now I need to decide which way to go with the build.... Ive got an old ax10 scorpion and I've also got a losi comp crawler which I've never ran due to some issues and the usual time restraints.... So both are possibles. The Fastback was originally designed around the ax, but I understand many have successfully used the lcc.

They've both got their pros and cons. I imagine the ax tranny will be lighter - but obviously don't have the dig system and worms....

What have folk used or recommend?
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: LCC or AX10 base for shafty?

Dig can always be added to the AX10 trans (VP hurtz dig and the DNA one) are two of the better ones. The AX axles can run the available Over and under drive gear sets, not to mention parts support for the AX platform is still huge.

If you intend to run Sporty class, I dont believe dig is allowed, so thats where I would recommend the Over and under drive gearsets with the Axial base as they offer a significant performance advantage. Both great platforms though, do some reading of other peoples builds on each and that might help you decide.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:04 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I have an LNC on a FF4 chassis, and I am very happy with the performance. The biggest problem with the Losi is turning radius, even with HD gears in the front and stock in the rear. But, ever time I go to a comp, I take the Losi and leave the AX10 at home.

IMO , I prefer the Losi but an AX10 with the XR mod has a lot of advantages.
rob5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #4

I would go with the ax10 over the lcc because you'll have more part availability than the lcc and also the ax10 is going to be lighter rig. Do what ever you want but that's my suggestion(go with your gut)
The_Know_It_All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:05 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thanks chaps... I've stripped the AX10 !

Initially I was keen to use the lcc as its just such nice kit, but on reflection ultimately the ax10 will be easier for parts and most importantly be lighter... My ax was also a bit more battered...

Must figure out pics at some point....
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote

LCC or AX10 base for shafty? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modified Old LCC Shafty or Newer MOA Bully for a NEWB? CreepyCrawler420 Newbie General 7 10-11-2013 07:38 PM
Wheel base of a R1/ax10 hybrid? ToTheMAXXcrawler G-Made Crawlers 7 06-17-2012 08:56 PM
Bodyless chassis for shafty LCC? Garry Team Losi Comp Crawler 13 11-20-2010 06:19 PM
AX10 as a base for a scale trail rig? Bansheeboy11 Newbie General 4 01-07-2008 12:08 PM