Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Options for dual axles? Dual wheels? In 1:6 scale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2016, 01:46 PM   #1

Default Options for dual axles? Dual wheels? In 1:6 scale

I'm building a 1:6-ish scale tractor trailer... what companies make an axle set up that I could use to have two axles in the back? I don't NEED them to both be powered, but it would be nice if possible... I'd use it mostly for parking lot driving, but in the long term scheme of things (converting it to a mudder, or putting a trailer that it would pull something) having both axles drive would be really nice.

At this point I don't plan to make the front axle a drive axle, and I'm OK with wheels that don't look exactly like realistic tractor trailer wheels. But ARE there some options out there in 1:6 scale that look realistic? Or are there some options out there in 1:6 scale that are good choices for narrow wheels to run dual on an axle?

Any input from those experienced in building (and shopping!) would be appreciated. Thank you...
Kenworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2016, 02:10 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Options for dual axles? Dual wheels? In 1:6 scale

The new Axial Wraith axles come with a new diff cover that has a spot for another pinion to be added to make them a pass-thru axle. They'd probably work well for a 1/6 scale semi.

From there I'd look around a bit to see what tires look similar to what you're wanting or at least are the size you want. There's plenty of good manufacturers however RC4WD makes some great looking "utility" tires.

I'd probably talk to Duuuuuuude about making some custom wheels as well to fit your dually needs. He's affordable with his stuff and can make you whatever you want within reason.
DrewHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:00 PM   #3

The help from this forum has not ceased to amaze me since day one on here. I'm into RC's, but find myself moving more into trucks and crawler-like stuff just because of the fun and usefulness of this forum.

Thanks Drew! Just what I needed to know about the axles, and Duuuuuuude's custom wheels is something I hadn't seen before. EXTREMELY helpful. Thanks so much!
Kenworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:07 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Imex makes/made 3.2 maxx sized dually tires and wheels.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote

Options for dual axles? Dual wheels? In 1:6 scale - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are my options for steerable and normal dual output axles with diffs? novaris Multi Axle Rigs 7 10-25-2015 12:38 AM
gearing options (dual slipper spur) Spazzx Axial SCX-10 7 05-07-2015 11:23 PM
DX6i Dual ESC control options looking for Idea's toy4crawlin EnRoute Berg 11 09-26-2010 09:23 PM
Dual 3s Lipo/Dual Sidwinders/Dual 4400KV Inrunners Setup Help Needed. TheHeadHunter Electronics 16 08-17-2008 05:21 AM