Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Remodelex chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2016, 08:18 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Remodelex chassis

Hey guys I got a new job and I'm celebrating by picking up a nice kit, I'm stuck between a few different ones though. I'm looking at either the rc4wd tf2 which I would put a blazer body on since I have a hilux already, the gelende 2 d90, or one of the remodelex d90 chassis, preferably one of the complete chassis kits with the yota2 axles, or the remodelex hilux truggy chassis. The thing is I never hear too much about the rcmex chassis, I know they are steel and not aluminum but are they worth the extra $ compared to the rc4wd versions? I know I don't care for the fact that they are not c channel chassis but I could get over it. Any significant advantages to the more expensive rcmex chassis? Or should I just stick to the cheaper rc4wd models?
dubyas1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2016, 10:38 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Remodelex chassis

you could always go with the MST-CMX: Max Speed Technology-PRODUCTCARSCMX It has a 40 degree steering angle, and cva's, stock
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:14 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Looks nice but they are out of stock everywhere, does anyone know if there are any leaf spring chassis that matches rc4wd's fj40 wheelbase? I love the body but am annoyed that it only comes on the coil spring gelende chassis, the 1:1 is a leafer. Or are there any other fj40 bodies available that would match a tf2 or sawback?
Old 02-08-2016, 09:30 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Default Remodelex chassis

I've read and heard good things about RCModelex generally. The biggest difference you'll probably find is that most of their chassis appear to include bumpers and sliders in one pieces (presumably welded) vs. bolt-on for the RC4WD chassis. The bolt-on approach makes it easier to customize with bumpers, sliders, etc. to your liking either with bolt-on parts or parts that you fab yourself. The RC4WD aluminum chassis are very stiff and strong (esp. compared to chassis like the SCX-10 and even Ascender that use plastic cross-members). The TF2 platform, with a little bit of work on the suspension, can be very capable and is very stout.

As far as an FJ40 is concerned, there isn't another FJ body on the market that comes anywhere near the RC4WD body in terms of accuracy and detail. If you like the FJ40 body, converting the Gelande to leafs isn't hard. I did a step-by-step thread recently:
How-to convert from links to leafs on a Gelande chassis

I hope that helps!

Last edited by new2rocks; 02-08-2016 at 09:47 AM.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:40 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
you could always go with the MST-CMX: Max Speed Technology-PRODUCTCARSCMX It has a 40 degree steering angle, and cva's, stock
Interesting, looks like G-Made and Axial had a crawler...some nice features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
I've read and heard good things about RCModelex generally. The biggest difference you'll probably find is that most of their chassis appear to include bumpers and sliders in one pieces (presumably welded) vs. bolt-om for the RC4WD chassis. The bolt-on approach makes it easier to customize with bumpers, sliders, etc. to your liking either with bolt-on parts or parts that you fab yourself. The RC4WD aluminum chassis are very stiff and strong (esp. compared to chassis like the SCX-10 and even Ascender that use plastic cross-members). The TF2 platform, with a little bit of work on the suspension, can be very capable and is very stout.

As far as an FJ40 is concerned, there isn't another FJ body on the market that comes anywhere near the RC4WD body in terms of accuracy and detail. If you like the FJ40 body, converting the Gelande to leafs isn't hard. I did a step-by-step thread recently:
How-to convert from links to leafs on a Gelande chassis

I hope that helps!
Good advice and I love the leaf springs too.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:28 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks new2rocks, I'm still not sure which direction I'm going but it will be one of the options I listed above, or convert a gelende. probably will keep it simple and just go with a gelende 2 d90, I really love what some have done with the body.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:37 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Hard to go wrong with a D90. Make sure to check out the G2 guide I put together on the RC4WD forum:
http://www.rc4wdforum.com/showthread...-the-Gelande-2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2016, 09:25 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Very informative, I always wondered why the d110 body and kit was so expensive, had no idea it was handmade. I think I will go with the gelende 2 d90, always wanted a silver defender, still might have to do the remodelex hilux truggy at some point, it looks great also.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:36 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like a great plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remodelex chassis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~TSS~ SCXHR Chassis Build & Info: Performance Chassis Upgrade STANG KILLA SS Axial SCX-10 87 09-12-2017 05:52 AM
Remodelex shipping status Maddog Madigan Chit Chat 1 06-27-2013 09:23 PM