Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Grand Cherokee 1:6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Grand Cherokee 1:6

Hello all, with my first post, I'd like to show off my ride. A stock 1:6 Nylint chassis with a Grand Cherokee body :-D.. Its not even close to being done. The first 2 shots are before the front end were lowered. As it sits now, the front is about 2 inches lower than the rear. It will be lowered soon cuz it looks kind of silly like that lol.

Enjoy the pics! More to come as I work on this beast!

WKCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up

i totally dig it! nice as hell. A+++
limegreentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

very nice, you plan to extend the wheelbase a little? oh and what camera are you using to take those pics?
-Dalton
hotrodzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Sorry for the quality of the pics. I'm using my old digital camcorder with a memory stick and picture taking capability. I know it sux.

I want to stretch the wheelbase about an inch and a half to better meet the body. I'm after a realistic look. I'm not worried about achieving the most flex I possibly can. Just looking to make a good looking crawler.

Thanks for the compliments!!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Wow, I really have lowered it substantially since those "wheeling pics." The control arms are totally viewable in those pics and as it sits now, they are conspicuously absent!

Didn't realize it was that much higher before.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:58 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Where did you get that body????

It makes the rest of the 1:6 look tiny and its not, I have the 1:6 Scorpion and the body fits the size, but that body looks huge.

Very cool however
Savrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:11 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

thats how the escalade body i was gonna put on my 1:6 made my axles/wheels look.....

it actually looked like a scale Escalade on 39's though.....

i still wanna do it, but its a hard plastic, and it would bust on the first rollover, so i'm not going to....maybe if the i get HG electrics for the 1:18 and get better tires on it so it can do what the 1:6 can do, i might do it and just use it as a tow rig....
DougGass87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:43 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Not until I actually got a 1:6 did I realize how "different" the body mounting is on these rigs. Most bodies either screw to the chassis (like the 1:18s) or clip onto posts (like Lexan bodies on HG rigs). I love how easy it is to install/remove the body on the 1:6 trucks, but it would make retrofitting a different body difficult. I guess you really have to fab up your own mounts and posts. I'd love to see photos of how you did it. That Grand Cherokee body looks great on that chassis.
JasonA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:07 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Best Body put on one of these so Far...Where did that body come from?
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:03 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

That is sick! Love the body!!
DrveJeepDrnkBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I've got some new and better pics! But while they are loading, I'll answer a few questions:

1. I got the WK from amazon.com. Its made by Scientific Toys and was $100.00. The original chassis was a 2wd POS that couldn't even move its own weight. I actually wrote the only review for the Jeep if you find it on Amazon.

2. At this time I don't want to modify the chassis too much. I want to focus more on the body. Besides, I just got into Nylints and am not used to the different body parts, etc. I'm used to New Bright 1:10 crawlers.

Anyways, heres the pix.. What do you think?

Old 01-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Damn...That body is banging.....
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

that's the kind of body funrise should be using on these. oh and do the doors open on it?
-Dalton
hotrodzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:06 PM   #14
Release your anger..

^^
i agree.BTW that is one sick ,jacked up jeep ,save the body for some scale projects
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

That body looks real sick especially with the black rims, YEAH
JRmudmanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKCrawler
Besides, I just got into Nylints and am not used to the different body parts, etc. I'm used to New Bright 1:10 crawlers.
The body does look great. I'd love to see pictures of how you mounted it when you get it finished.

I'd also love to hear your honest review of the Nylint vs. the New Bright. I realize they're different scales, etc. What are the pros and cons of each as you see them?
JasonA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #17

where did you get this body for the nylint? i understand it probably does not bolt right up but where are people finding these full interior 1:6 scale bodies?
rubiconscottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:15 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Thanks alot guys. As I said above, I bought the WK off of amazon.com..

Jason..

1. The body is mounted on using a few nuts and bolts. One nut goes straight thru the engine compartment, thru the hemi, lol, into the front part of the nylint chassis. That holds the front part on there tightly. On the back, one nut goes thru the body on each side securing the the body against the chassis. I know that probably doesn't make sense, but I will get pix.. This was much easier to do than my 1:10 Grand Cherokee body swapped onto my 1:10 New Bright tho.

2. The New Bright 1:10 (even though now they have a 1:6 as well) and Nylint are not in the same category. The motors are underpowered and the steering is non-proportional (it sucks.) However, they are very easy to modify and seem less complicated. The new bright has a 9.6v battery that lasts 15 minutes MAYBE on a full charge. no fun really. Just like the nylint however, they are REALLY fun to play with. The angles of articulation are better, since the tires are closer together and theres not a HUGE tummy hanging down. All in all, I like them both, but the New Bright is better for general off-roading and the nylint is the better rockcrawler.

Even though this video shows none of the actual capabilities of my New Bright, it does show my 1:10.. The battery was almost dead. This video shows how you can fully submerge the axles (motors) and live to tell about it.

Enjoy!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...65780434&hl=en
Old 01-11-2007, 09:29 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Yes, the front doors, hood, and tailgate open. The mirrors fold too It has a full interior (even though I had to cut out the bottom of the backseats to lower the body and make it look more realistic; also had to get rid of the center console)

I'm also going to put some additional lights into it. I just bought some LED's (2 red and 2 white).. The Jeep actually already has headlights and orange lights (used to be blinkers). My plan is to either scrap the orange lights or move them to the fogs, then use the white LEDs to make 4 headlights total.

should look good.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #20

that looks almost like the real thing man props to you my body sucks
rustler421 is offline   Reply With Quote