Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Turning 2 speed trans into single speed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Not sure if the titles right but I have a rc4wd r2? 2 speed trans. My question is instead of trying to trade it for a scx10 trans can I just remove a few parts and make it a single speed? I know rc4wd makes it in a single speed(sorry if that's the wrong term) but I was wondering if I can pop off this part.

And then replace it with the normal non 2 speed trans gear? If anyone has experiance with these i would greatly appreciate the info. I figured since this one already has steel gears and te new part I'm looking at would be same price as shipping it out for a trade and would be good for what I need. Thanks again for any help guys

Also I'm very new to anything rc4wd but the more I check it out it seems like it's a dig transmission and not 2speed. Thanks again. But either way I'd like to remove it and make it a normall trans without any servos on it(personal thing)

Also here a pic of the inside. Seems like it will be a once I commit project there's no going back easy.

Last edited by THX_138; 07-02-2016 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Merge, posts a minute apart
Betts818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2016, 12:12 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Turning 2 speed trans into single speed

Just lock it into one position and its done. For my TF2 transmission I used a turnbuckle with a rod-end on each side, turning a two speed into a single.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:52 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Turning 2 speed trans into single speed

Will do. And that way if I ever get the urge to run the dig I can. Thank you for the advice and the tip.
Betts818 is offline   Reply With Quote