Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Vanquish F9 Heavy Binding

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2016, 12:33 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Vanquish F9 Heavy Binding

Hey guys; looking for a little insight. I've got a set of f9s, the front went together without a hitch. Operates perfectly. It's got a vanquish no slip locker with the the set screws removed. Very happy with its fit and function.

Now the REAR f9 axle is giving me binding problems. I've used both the stock axial bomber locker and a new bmrc locker. It appears everything is fine until I go to tighten down the wheel hexes. Soon as the wheels are snugged up the read axle binds and is difficult to turn. I'm thinking it's the tolerances at the axle.tubes. The axle tube ends appear to be slightly too long maybe and are rubbing the axial wheel hexes. All my bearings are in good shape.
rngrchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2016, 03:23 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Vanquish F9 Heavy Binding

Are you using stock or VP hexs?
I'm going to bet it's the back of the hex binding on the end of the housing.
You'll have to search it, I think it was in the Wraith section, but there was some issues with some axle shafts having the pin hole a whisker too far in & with stock hex the hex binds on the end of the housing when the wheel nut is tight.
In thought the VP hex might be the fix but can't exactly remember, though you'd think for the price there'd be no need to fix anything.
If you have the means you could maybe machine a whisker off the back of the hex.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:29 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Vanquish F9 Heavy Binding

Thanks Altd. Your right it is the hexes. I planned off a bit with some 1000 grit sandpaper so the hex pins were just nearly level rather than recessed with the hex. I wouldn't call it ideal because my truck runs 4s power and I don't like the thought of the hexes having less material around them but at least now I can tighten down the wheels. Looks like I'll be going to buy some vanquish ones soon.
rngrchad is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish F9 Heavy Binding - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanquish Products Wraith VVD Heavy Duty Axle shafts RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 07-23-2012 01:38 PM