Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #201
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits

Too funny - when I was replying I didn't see "NorCal", just "sent from the Upside Down" and thought you were Australian!

Hence me mentioning the US.

I'd forward the coupon to ya but it's non-transferable, one time use.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2017, 11:46 PM   #202
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbean View Post
Thanks! I searched my email, no love. Oh well.

sent from the Upside Down
Darn it... no dice for me either. And I spent a lot on ebay during Dec/Jan!
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:52 PM   #203
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Give it another month for "valentines day" or such nonsense when sales die.... tower plays pricing games, I watch the last 3days of the month , hope they are bleeding and need $$$

Hang up and Drive
Yeah, I'm pretty much going to be watching like a hawk. The Wraith is the last kit for me to pick up on my list. Just picked up the SCX10 II recently, and just finished building my Yeti last month.

I only had 2 Kyosho kits back from the 80's 90's, but since getting back into RC a year ago... I've been picking up Tamiya and Kyosho Re-Releases. The Yeti was my first Axial kit, and now I'm just hooked.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:58 PM   #204
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty much going to be watching like a hawk. The Wraith is the last kit for me to pick up on my list. Just picked up the SCX10 II recently, and just finished building my Yeti last month.

I only had 2 Kyosho kits back from the 80's 90's, but since getting back into RC a year ago... I've been picking up Tamiya and Kyosho Re-Releases. The Yeti was my first Axial kit, and now I'm just hooked.
After Axial your probably going to start looking at RC4WD and others as well. Quite habit forming I must say. I personally started out with MT's from Traxxas than Arrma, than went into scale vehicles, gotta say scale is a LOT Easier to work on in my personal opinion plus breakage is a bit lower in scale vehicles.

Too bad Axial isn't supporting towers Coupons anymore. Just like Traxxas. Kind of odd though considering anytime I had to call axial for replacement parts they came directly from Tower Hobbies which means Tower must be a main distributor for their parts.
malickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #205
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by malickie View Post
After Axial your probably going to start looking at RC4WD and others as well. Quite habit forming I must say. I personally started out with MT's from Traxxas than Arrma, than went into scale vehicles, gotta say scale is a LOT Easier to work on in my personal opinion plus breakage is a bit lower in scale vehicles.

Too bad Axial isn't supporting towers Coupons anymore. Just like Traxxas. Kind of odd though considering anytime I had to call axial for replacement parts they came directly from Tower Hobbies which means Tower must be a main distributor for their parts.
Yeah, the fun part for me is the building. I actually don't have the chance to run the cars much, but I'm hoping to change that with these crawlers and scalers. I've only got 1 RTR that I've bought which was the HPI Savage Flux XS Ford Raptor. I got it, because it was fast and I thought I'd enjoy just bashing around with it. Figured out that I'd much prefer building my cars.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:28 AM   #206

Even more bullshit from Tower. Their Super Saver Club coupons have also gotten worse. Compare December 2016 (left) to January 2017 (right). It seems they're doing everything in their power to lose customers.

Time to send another email to Tower.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:48 AM   #207
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Even more bullshit from Tower. Their Super Saver Club coupons have also gotten worse. Compare December 2016 (left) to January 2017 (right). It seems they're doing everything in their power to lose customers.

Time to send another email to Tower.

Maybe if they stopped sending all those printed fliers in every single order they could afford to give that 2$ back.

But they're doing what they have to do. After all its an employee owned company, lots of people have more then just a paycheck riding on their success.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:09 AM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Maybe if they stopped sending all those printed fliers in every single order they could afford to give that 2$ back.

But they're doing what they have to do. After all its an employee owned company, lots of people have more then just a paycheck riding on their success.
Isn't that the truth!

They won't be able to pay anybody if they keep pushing customers away.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:43 AM   #209
I wanna be Dave

Smaller discounts won't push many serious hobbyists away.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:49 AM   #210
I wanna be Dave

I've been watching their coupons for a while now. That small change seems to be normal. They fluctuate their coupon discounts off and on. They usually get better at the end of the year.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:51 AM   #211
RCC Addict

Realistically, $2-3 less on the coupons wouldn't matter to me.

But I agree, stop sending out so much BS mail and magazines. Print mail is dead. I would love to know the statistics of how many orders are called in or mailed in from the catalog. Please tell me it's would be surprising and still substantiates the need for that level of print mail. Revenue is hard to control and project but expenses are 100% under their control.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:11 AM   #212

Quote:
Smaller discounts won't push many serious hobbyists away.
It will push smart shoppers to other places such as AMain, eBay, RPP, etc. I go where I can find the lowest prices and I know a lot of others do as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I've been watching their coupons for a while now. That small change seems to be normal. They fluctuate their coupon discounts off and on. They usually get better at the end of the year.
Interesting. I've never noticed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
Realistically, $2-3 less on the coupons wouldn't matter to me.

But I agree, stop sending out so much BS mail and magazines. Print mail is dead. I would love to know the statistics of how many orders are called in or mailed in from the catalog. Please tell me it's would be surprising and still substantiates the need for that level of print mail. Revenue is hard to control and project but expenses are 100% under their control.
In some cases it's $2-$3 which is nothing, but in others it's also as much as an $11 difference.

I'm sure they still get phone orders, but I'd be blown away if it was more than 25%.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:00 AM   #213
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It will push smart shoppers to other places such as AMain, eBay, RPP, etc. I go where I can find the lowest prices and I know a lot of others do as well.

Interesting. I've never noticed that.

In some cases it's $2-$3 which is nothing, but in others it's also as much as an $11 difference.

I'm sure they still get phone orders, but I'd be blown away if it was more than 25%.
Yeah, I've purchased a several kits within the last 1.5 years and have been closely watching. (These are the regular coupons).

10/2015 - 27 off 299
12/2016 - 36 off 299 (I saw this coupon in 2015 as well, and used it when it came around again in 2016)
Currently - 30 off 299

9/2016 - 23 off 199
10/2016 - 24 off 199

Oddball ones (I think these are short time seasonal)
11/2015 - 20 off 169/179/189?
12/2015 - 30 off 249/269/279? (not sure, but I got my Yeti with this one)

EDIT: Looks like I need to join the super saver club. But now that they don't have Axial for coupons...

Last edited by soze; 01-26-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:38 AM   #214
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=JatoTheRipper;5656455]It will push smart shoppers to other places such as AMain, eBay, RPP, etc. I go where I can find the lowest prices and I know a lot of others do as well.

Unfortunately, Hobbico has mandated the "no discount" policy across the board. Essentially, Hobbico is telling retailers how to run their businesses -- at least relative to Axial products i.e, they can't place any Axial RTRs or kits on sale. I agree a few bucks off with a coupon won't cost many sales, but 15% off of a kit at RPP adds up to real money, at least for me. I was in the market for a Bomber kit, just waiting for a sale and/or coupon deal at RPP. I know it's mostly principle, but I'm unwilling to spend $360 on a kit I could have purchased a few months ago for $300 or less. Bottom line, RPP & Hobbico lose a sale. I don't see how anyone benefits from that.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 11:41 AM   #215
I wanna be Dave

Yep , you showed them, and you don't get that RC .....

Hang up and Drive
Old 01-26-2017, 11:47 AM   #216

[QUOTE=JohnB;5656536]
Quote:

Unfortunately, Hobbico has mandated the "no discount" policy across the board. Essentially, Hobbico is telling retailers how to run their businesses -- at least relative to Axial products i.e, they can't place any Axial RTRs or kits on sale. I agree a few bucks off with a coupon won't cost many sales, but 15% off of a kit at RPP adds up to real money, at least for me. I was in the market for a Bomber kit, just waiting for a sale and/or coupon deal at RPP. I know it's mostly principle, but I'm unwilling to spend $360 on a kit I could have purchased a few months ago for $300 or less. Bottom line, RPP & Hobbico lose a sale. I don't see how anyone benefits from that.
Good thing there are a small few retailers not following the BS policy.

Quote:
Why are you here if you have nothing worthwhile to add?

Buyers have monetary power. The only way you can show a company dissatisfaction, besides voicing your opinion to them, is by not spending your money at their company. So yes, he showed them.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:51 AM   #217
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Hang up and Drive
Not showing anyone anything. The only one it's "hurting" is me. But, unlike some on this board, perhaps including you, I have a limited amount of discretionary income --you might say for the toy truck fund. I have several other RCs to "drive" so it's not like I'll be sitting on the side line. Still, I would have purchased a Bomber if the cost to purchase didn't suddenly rise 15%.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:12 PM   #218
I wanna be Dave

I also have limited funds, but I grew up owning a retail business , I see more than many here.
That's why Jato.... you are an acknowledged cheapskate , which is fine. Until you own or manage retail your knowledge is quite limited.

Hang up and Drive
Old 01-26-2017, 12:21 PM   #219
Quarry Creeper

mikemcE, have any of your suppliers told you what price you can sell their products for? Not trying to start a war here, just curious.

Many hundreds of years ago, I worked in retail. Items had a list price of course, and a dealer net. We (the store) could set our selling price at whatever we chose. We controlled our profit margin. So, if we elected to undercut the competitions' price, well, that was on us. Curious to read your take on this.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:26 PM   #220
I wanna be Dave

Default Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits

As a matter of fact yes. I will name the one that started it, Sony Superscope. Goes back to when Sony still made reel to reel and we sold them and tape. If you weren't following their pricing, everything got back ordered, then JVC did it and most of the other Japanese vendors followed.

Was also very common in the photographic trade, Beseler rings another bell.....

That's the way it's always been in retail , yeah it sucks , but I still have a good LHS

Hang up and Drive

Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Kits listed as DISCONTINUED at Tower (and Axial!) Arctic Fire Chit Chat 14 11-08-2016 05:10 PM
tower hobbies coupons Justin82 Axial SCX-10 15 12-18-2013 09:45 PM
Axial Dingo $174.98 at Tower Hobbies LumTheMad Chit Chat 11 12-16-2013 12:46 AM
all Axial Kits on sale at RPP and tower STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 0 09-25-2013 09:40 AM
tower coupons.... pugs2300 Chit Chat 7 01-27-2012 02:11 PM