Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2016, 10:18 PM   #1

Default Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits

If you're like me, you are a member of Tower Hobbies' Super Saver Club and you use coupons on everything, especially kits. Well it looks like HobbiCo (parent of Axial and Tower Hobbies) is following Traxxas' lead and no longer allowing coupons on some Axial kits and RTRs.

I'm going to email Tower Hobbies and let them know how I feel. I hope you do as well.

TowerHobbies.com | Shop by Brand: Axial

Email: info@towerhobbies.com
Phone: 800-637-6050
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2016, 10:25 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits

Boooooooooo. Down with corporate America. Take down the man.
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:54 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

That must be why they had $50-$60 off a bunch of them the last week of October...

What a shame, I never liked the way Traxxas handled that, either.

I really was planning on an Ascender until the SCX 10 II came out for my 2nd crawler.

Guess I'll return to that plan - I sure do like their new '72 K10... Can always swap in some aftermarket Axial-style parts...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 11:55 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Lucky I already ordered mine with a coupon last month.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:29 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Well that stinks. They don't sell much for crawler parts outside of stock, I bet that will hurt their business a little. That was the edge they had over their competition. Trying to keep the playing field level between online and local hobby shops. So I can see their point. It just sucks for the hobbyist with little money.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:24 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Not cool.
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:33 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I wonder if they're doing it for the holiday season only. Either way, I got my SCX10 II already . Although the lack of coupon codes might lead me to look elsewhere when I decide to get a Yeti XL.
tuanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:43 AM   #8

I emailed Axial, Hobbico, and Tower today. I got a response stating that my email was forwarded to management. If we make enough noise we can change this new practice!
Old 11-07-2016, 09:59 AM   #9
RCC Addict

That is sad. The coupon codes are the only reason I order from tower, with out those there is no reason too. None of my Traxxas stuff comes from there already because of that, now looks like I will get my Axial from other vendors as well.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:05 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Wow this is horrible. I saw this coming after the almighty Traxxas paved the way to higher prices for everyone, but I thought the Hobbico kits would have been safe. I was holding out for an SMT10 kit. Guess I got screwed. I hope people are smart enough to protest this with their wallet and not give TH/AXIAL any $$$.
norco kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:10 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorider View Post
Well that stinks. They don't sell much for crawler parts outside of stock, I bet that will hurt their business a little. That was the edge they had over their competition. Trying to keep the playing field level between online and local hobby shops. So I can see their point. It just sucks for the hobbyist with little money.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Exactly.

But doing this before Christmas is going to hurt them. They should have waited till after the new year.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:16 AM   #12

Exactly guys! I let them know myself and others are going to intentionally not order price fixed products at Tower and we will continue to do that until they change their policy. But they won't hear you unless you contact them!
Old 11-07-2016, 10:30 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Exactly guys! I let them know myself and others are going to intentionally not order price fixed products at Tower and we will continue to do that until they change their policy. But they won't hear you unless you contact them!
We don't have to contact them, we just have to not buy stuff. Actions speak louder than words. Especially when there's $$ involved.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by norco kid View Post
We don't have to contact them, we just have to not buy stuff. Actions speak louder than words. Especially when there's $$ involved.
Not exactly. They might notice a slump in business, but they might not know why.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I sent them a message as well. Let them know my holiday shopping will be spent elsewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:55 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Well luckily I got all my kits beforehand, but that sucks. Tower just recently had some sort of flash sale and had lots of kits marked down, plus coupon codes, and the prices were so low compared to normal. Shame to see them going that way though.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:59 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Not exactly. They might notice a slump in business, but they might not know why.
They'll definitely notice if less Axial kits are being sold. Especially after implementing a drastic change like this they must be keeping a very close eye on it. They don't really care if we're angry or not. Obviously no one will say that they're happy about not being able to use a discount anymore. The only thing that they care about is the bottom line. They don't care if we purchase the kits elsewhere either, because they are still the distributor. I guess contacting them certainly won't hurt, but I think they would take more notice if sales went down. I have every single Axial kit with the exception of the AX10 and I bought every one of them from Tower with coupons. I for one will NOT be buying anything else from Axial or recommending them to others. I'll still buy coupon eligible items. Unfortunately, as soon as any company gets big and popular they start to feel that they can squeeze their consumers for all they're worth. Just look at Apple. Bottom line is if they don't see a profit decrease, they'll keep it as is.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:08 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
If you're like me, you are a member of Tower Hobbies' Super Saver Club and you use coupons on everything, especially kits. Well it looks like HobbiCo (parent of Axial and Tower Hobbies) is following Traxxas' lead and no longer allowing coupons on some Axial kits and RTRs.

I'm going to email Tower Hobbies and let them know how I feel. I hope you do as well.

TowerHobbies.com | Shop by Brand: Axial

Email: info@towerhobbies.com
Phone: 800-637-6050

this is what I sent....

I am disappointed in the decision of tower hobbies to not allow coupons on axial crawler kits and rtr’s. That was the reason I bought from tower to begin with. The policy started with traxxas and now axial, who is next? What is next, no coupons on replacement parts from certain manufacturers? I wont be ordering anything else from tower hobbies now. I will go to Amain, Rpp, Value hobby and others who offer better deals on the same products.

I also will not be ordering anything from your ebay side either, omni models. I just purchased a set of high clearance scx10 knuckles from omni models, if I had seen this before I purchased them I would not have done so. Its too bad this policy was enacted. Do you remember what happened to J.C. Penny when they enacted a similar policy on coupons? I do..and still to this day I don’t shop there.

Harold Miller
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:14 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

This is a policy from Hobbico which owns Tower Hobbies so they were the first to implement it. As I understand it, the retailers have no choice but to abide by the rules laid down by Axial and Hobbico so our frustration should be directed there. Amain has already ended coupons for Axial rigs and RPP will probably follow suit in short order. If you're in the market for an Axial rig, RPP may be the last retailer offering coupons, but probably not for long.
mikebecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:20 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

this is the reply I got from Tower Hobbies...

Dear Mr. Miller,

Thank you for contacting Tower Hobbies and we apologize you are disappointed with this decision. Please be aware that this is not a pricing policy that is specific to Tower Hobbies. It is not specific to the use of the discount or coupon, it is specific to following the pricing offered by all authorized distributors. In fact this most coupons offered by distributors or major retail stores have restrictions based on their agreement with the product manufacturers. It is primarily reserved for specific products only and is usually not applicable to small parts. We have never had to follow such policies as for many years they were only regularly used by certain manufacturers to ensure that their products are sold at a fair price, but there are times when this type of policy change is unavoidable.

We appreciate your feedback.

Sherry

Tower Hobbies Customer Service

Slh/Info

so my question is, what changed? why are axial and traxxas not allowing coupons anymore? J.C. Penny was nearly ruined by CEO Ron Johnsons decision to end coupons.. My wife and I still dont shop there even after they brought them back. The coupons they use now are not the deals they used to be, so we shop elsewhere.

looks as if I will be getting more picky when it comes to what manufacturer I support from now on. I will say that I probably not buy any more RTR or Kits from anyone. I am just going to buy parts when I need them and most of those will be aftermarket parts from vendors on here and the local shops.

I would like to know from the person who implemented this asinine policy as to why they think this is needed. There are plenty of other ways to save a few bucks here and there...one is to cut the ridiculous salaries and bonuses for these CEO's...but I digress...

Last edited by allanon1965; 11-07-2016 at 09:27 PM.
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Kits listed as DISCONTINUED at Tower (and Axial!) Arctic Fire Chit Chat 14 11-08-2016 05:10 PM
tower hobbies coupons Justin82 Axial SCX-10 15 12-18-2013 09:45 PM
Axial Dingo $174.98 at Tower Hobbies LumTheMad Chit Chat 11 12-16-2013 12:46 AM
all Axial Kits on sale at RPP and tower STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 0 09-25-2013 09:40 AM
tower coupons.... pugs2300 Chit Chat 7 01-27-2012 02:11 PM