Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: ECX barrage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2016, 11:22 AM   #1

Default ECX barrage

The ECX barrage looks like a good entry level scaler and I was wondering whether or not anyone has used this rig. If so how does it perform? Also anyone used the ecx temper 1/18 crawler

Last edited by Cpyonker; 12-03-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Cpyonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2016, 06:27 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: ECX barrage

Here is a bit of info in an existing thread about the Barrage. 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

I think it's a great entry level crawler for the price point. It does have a couple week spots but nothing that can't be improved with a little tinkering as mentioned in the other thread.

I just got one but I haven't spent much time driving it yet other then on flat surfaces on over a few rocks. I plan to make a few minor changes to it and think it will be a fun little truck.
j.krug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:33 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

The 1/18 Temper is the same as the Redcat Everest 16 and Exceed Maxstone 16. There is some info on here about them. The Everest 16 is pretty decent, but has a tiny motor and is VERY SLOW! My Sawback with a 55T motor and 3s battery was also slow, but I'm pretty sure it was faster.
aver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:54 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Leave the 1/18 temper bone stock it is pretty good just the way it is. The Barrage springs have limiters (silicone tubing on shafts) that really limit shock travel due to the servo being on the front axle. Relocate the battery and remove the limiter tubing and change tires to a more aggressive 1.9 or 1.55's (ew I recommended 1.55's) and then we may have a decent 1/12 scaler.
Bry73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:51 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I have a barrage and it actually performs very well out of the box! Tires grip great on rock but start to fade quickly in mud or snow. Steering servo is a bit week but easily replaced with a higher torque full size servo if you use some stand offs for the mounts. I did cut the limiters on the shocks too but even before I did it performed well. Great truck to get your feet wet.
bob_suruncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:41 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_suruncle View Post
I have a barrage and it actually performs very well out of the box! Tires grip great on rock but start to fade quickly in mud or snow. Steering servo is a bit week but easily replaced with a higher torque full size servo if you use some stand offs for the mounts. I did cut the limiters on the shocks too but even before I did it performed well. Great truck to get your feet wet.
You can also gain some servo clearance and front articulation by flipping over the two front chassis braces that the battery tray is mounted to. I did this on mine after trimming the travel limiters about 3/16".
j.krug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:07 PM   #7

I was wondering if anyone who knows more than me (which won't be hard I'm a newbie) knows if and who offers any bodies...I'm open to anything and everything...I'm into the real Toyota sr5 pickups and other than that I like good ole American trucks...like inside I'm a newb so I have no clue what it takes or what is involved with switching bodies...if some one out there in the rc world can give me a schooling that'd be nice...I'm not looking to get into any type of competition just something to d**k with between hunting season and golfing season....BUT...like anything else I deal with it has to look good and be customized...any links or sites would help tremendously...thanks to all who reply...merry Christmas to all

Last edited by StephenMc; 12-21-2016 at 07:09 PM.
StephenMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:18 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenMc View Post
I'm a newb so I have no clue what it takes or what is involved with switching bodies...

A lot or a little. Sometimes it is as simple as putting a new body on, lining it up and making a couple holes. Well plus the painting.

Other times you have to change the wheelbase. That involves replacing the links and sometimes drive shaft to get the right lenght. All of which is simple and only requires tools most people have. It is also one of the most discussed topics, so finding reading on how to make links should be easy.

One word of caution, things can add up fast just to get the body you want. I might be best to find the body first then find a chassis to go along with it.

For example my son started with a 12" wb deadbolt, now he wants a pickup with a honcho back. $50 more would have put him into a pickup new, but going ahead it i likely to cost $100 or more after links, new bumpers, paint and the actual body.

Just happened on this, barrage to chevy pick up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNhzRupIVxI

Last edited by Ditchrat; 12-21-2016 at 09:26 PM.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote

ECX barrage - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler Szczerba General Scale Talk 1069 08-09-2021 10:44 AM
ECX Barrage 1/12 for husbands bday build/questions Mirmirshay Newbie General 7 11-15-2016 01:28 PM
In Stock! New ECX Barrage 1.9 4WD 1/12 Brushed RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 11-04-2016 09:57 AM
Ecx barrage 1.9 rtr scale crawler $179 chino General Crawlers 6 09-23-2016 02:04 PM