Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Breaking winch line

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2016, 08:32 AM   #1

Default Breaking winch line

Ok.......here is my issue. My old fingers are having a heck of a time running my winch. I am using a Spektrum DX4C radio system and have it programmed on the A switch. My problem is......I keep missing the neutral position while retracting the winch line and breaking the line at the hook. Would a separate wireless remote help with this? I know having a second remote isn't the preferred method of operation, but it just might keep me from breaking my hook off in a comp situation and ending my day.
Crappie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2016, 09:03 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Breaking winch line

it would probably help out in that aspect yes, some ive seen zip tie it to there remote usually to the handle or double sided tape (padded stuff) to the base of it. someone may have another suggestion though.
sharkattack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:28 AM   #3

Thanks sharkattack99. I am going to visit with my local hobby shop guys and see what they have that I might try. It's the pits getting older and not having the agility and coordination that I once had. Pisses me off actually!
Old 12-21-2016, 09:48 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

welcome, Yeah i bet it does.

Heyok has a nice Remote option for winch controls, great stuff hes here on the forums
Yeah racing as a remote option as well
RC4WD (warn) has one as well, think yeah racing is the cheapest

there maybe others too.
sharkattack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 02:01 PM   #5

I have the Heyok winch control, but I'm not sure which key fob would be best to pair it with. I haven't read too many kind reviews of the RC4WD version.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:08 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crappie1 View Post
Ok.......here is my issue. My old fingers are having a heck of a time running my winch. I am using a Spektrum DX4C radio system and have it programmed on the A switch. My problem is......I keep missing the neutral position while retracting the winch line and breaking the line at the hook. Would a separate wireless remote help with this? I know having a second remote isn't the preferred method of operation, but it just might keep me from breaking my hook off in a comp situation and ending my day.

it would absolutely help, this is why I run all of my winched with a wireless remote fob...hooks to my TX and works great...has a slide to protect the buttons when not in use..heyok is the way to go...

you will need the wireless control and fob as they are built to together... the manual one you have now will not work with the remote fob..
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 03:03 PM   #7

Thanks for this information. I'll have to see about ordering the wireless control and fob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
it would absolutely help, this is why I run all of my winched with a wireless remote fob...hooks to my TX and works great...has a slide to protect the buttons when not in use..heyok is the way to go...

you will need the wireless control and fob as they are built to together... the manual one you have now will not work with the remote fob..

Breaking winch line - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
synthetic winch line on bulldog winch? isac General Scale Talk 3 10-31-2014 05:09 AM
Scale Winch Hook & Winch Line giveaway! Locked Up General Crawlers 69 01-20-2013 10:53 PM