RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   basher/crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/582280-basher-crawler.html)

nicos 03-26-2017 02:44 AM

basher/crawler

need your advice guys!

so my 14 year old nephew's been out with me lately and seems to be enjoying it.!
he seems to prefer the bodied trucks but does get exited with the comp crawler capabilities.!
going through this forum he's been showing me photos and videos of banged up looking pickup trucks but which seem very capable.
i think they are shafties..!
which truck do you think i should get him having in mind i already have tx/rx esc?
thanks for any advice..!

TacoCrawler 03-26-2017 03:18 AM

Re: basher/crawler

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicos (Post 5687430)
need your advice guys!

so my 14 year old nephew's been out with me lately and seems to be enjoying it.!
he seems to prefer the bodied trucks but does get exited with the comp crawler capabilities.!
going through this forum he's been showing me photos and videos of banged up looking pickup trucks but which seem very capable.
i think they are shafties..!
which truck do you think i should get him having in mind i already have tx/rx esc?
thanks for any advice..!

14 yr old ain't really a baby... so maybe you should ask 'im ?
Possibly his heart is already set on a particular kit ?

nicos 03-26-2017 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacoCrawler (Post 5687435)
14 yr old ain't really a baby... so maybe you should ask 'im ?
Possibly his heart is already set on a particular kit ?

yes,i did..!
he showed me someone's project truck as i mentioned ..!

JasperCrawler 03-26-2017 06:18 AM

I would suggest a Redcat Everest 10. It is a shame the price went up on them everywhere and they are now part of the list of kits that you cannot use coupon codes on but at $145.00 you cannot beat it. There are tons of free/cheap mods that can be done to really make it perform. Don't worry about parts support because Axial AX10/SCX10 parts can be used with little or no modification. It is a TVP chassis but down the road if his heart is set on a scaler just pic up a scale chassis and transfer the axles and trans over. Lots of forums and YouTube vids on it with good tech tips. You can try to get it cheaper on Fleebay but beware of vendors with no history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicos 03-26-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasperCrawler (Post 5687464)
I would suggest a Redcat Everest 10. It is a shame the price went up on them everywhere and they are now part of the list of kits that you cannot use coupon codes on but at $145.00 you cannot beat it. There are tons of free/cheap mods that can be done to really make it perform. Don't worry about parts support because Axial AX10/SCX10 parts can be used with little or no modification. It is a TVP chassis but down the road if his heart is set on a scaler just pic up a scale chassis and transfer the axles and trans over. Lots of forums and YouTube vids on it with good tech tips. You can try to get it cheaper on Fleebay but beware of vendors with no history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the info...!
will look into that one ...!