Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Anyone built off an Integy chassis?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2017, 08:40 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Anyone built off an Integy chassis?

1/10 Steel DIY Roll Cage Tube Frame Chassis for Axial SCX-10 & AX10 for R/C or RC - Team Integy

Looking at this one in particular. Seems to have lots of holes for damn near infinite suspension adjustment. Wondering if anyone has utilized one of these and if so, had any pictures for reference.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2017, 12:12 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Anyone built off an Integy chassis?

Integy likely has the worst reputation in RC, a lot of their offerings for go-fast RCs are junk; and they are the antichrist of customer support. I will normally only buy Integy if I cannot find anyone else that makes (or has available) the part I am looking for, or I don't want to/can't make the part myself. With that, the crawler/scaler Integy parts that I have bought recently have been pretty good. I have a welded steel roll cage for my Sl4sh that is very solid, great welds with good quality powder coating. My guess is that this chassis is likely built by the same group, and should be ok.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:12 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Integy likely has the worst reputation in RC, a lot of their offerings for go-fast RCs are junk; and they are the antichrist of customer support. I will normally only buy Integy if I cannot find anyone else that makes (or has available) the part I am looking for, or I don't want to/can't make the part myself. With that, the crawler/scaler Integy parts that I have bought recently have been pretty good. I have a welded steel roll cage for my Sl4sh that is very solid, great welds with good quality powder coating. My guess is that this chassis is likely built by the same group, and should be ok.
Things have changed a lot haven't they. Back 10+ years ago, integy was up there as leaders of the pack when it came to the HPI savage and Tmaxx nitro trucks I was into.

As for the chassis, its cheap enough, I may just grab one and see what its all about.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:49 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

My lhs has one built up by integy. Watched the side run rails bend and fall off on the counter. Not a big fan of integy

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The thing is there are so many good products out there now from local, (well local for you guys in the states) that you shouldn't spend your money on junk when your just gonna have to spend money again on the same part. Save and spend one time that is my thinking. You wanna build a good chassis build a Toyzuki set up. You will be blown away by its performance and durability. Just buy something that will last and keep in mind this is just my opinion but the research will point you in the right direction if you do enough. Good luck
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:48 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
The thing is there are so many good products out there now from local, (well local for you guys in the states) that you shouldn't spend your money on junk when your just gonna have to spend money again on the same part. Save and spend one time that is my thinking. You wanna build a good chassis build a Toyzuki set up. You will be blown away by its performance and durability. Just buy something that will last and keep in mind this is just my opinion but the research will point you in the right direction if you do enough. Good luck
according to my knowledge, toyzuki does frame rail style "chassis". That isn't what I want to try out. I want to do a tube buggy style. Few guys on here custom build them for 600+ range, and I may end up with one, but that's why I was looking for a cheaper alternative to see if I liked the "style" and how things mounted first.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:54 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Just remember you get what you pay for! I have lived and learned buying cheap stuff to save money and nobody can tell you what your budget is or what your going to use it for so that is for you to decide. There are a few guys on here that build the, and you don't need to spend $600. Also post up in the classified section and you will be amazed at what pops up. Good luck
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
Just remember you get what you pay for! I have lived and learned buying cheap stuff to save money and nobody can tell you what your budget is or what your going to use it for so that is for you to decide. There are a few guys on here that build the, and you don't need to spend $600. Also post up in the classified section and you will be amazed at what pops up. Good luck
appreciate the input. I'm fairly new into this and absorb it all. 60-70 bucks to test something out isn't a stretch. Id rather do that than piss it away on a hand of blackjack
Old 07-17-2017, 01:53 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I'm really tempted by the $70 Bomber chassis. There's no one on here that comes within $400 of that price. It's steel rod, how bad can it possibly be? Weld it up if it comes apart.

I don't think there a more substantial part available for $70, or anything I could upgrade on my Bomber for the same price. Must resist the temptation

maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:42 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslin View Post
I'm really tempted by the $70 Bomber chassis. There's no one on here that comes within $400 of that price. It's steel rod, how bad can it possibly be? Weld it up if it comes apart.

I don't think there a more substantial part available for $70, or anything I could upgrade on my Bomber for the same price. Must resist the temptation

I looked at that one too, it just didn't have as many holes to fine tune the suspension geometry as the one I listed, but I agree, it looks pretty nice also
Old 07-17-2017, 02:54 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Realistic Scale 2.2 Roll Cage for 1/10 Axial Wraith All Terrain Rock Racer for R/C or RC - Team Integy

I've been eyeing this one for my Wraith. I'm curious as to how heavy it would be. Reviews online are not very informative, and the old adage "you get what you pay for" doesn't always apply. There are good things out there that do not cost an arm and a leg. These are put together in China, and I too wanna know if they are a big No no.

Like has been stated, if you break it weld it back up. If you cannot weld, then this might not be the chassis starting point for you.
Correll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:59 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I just hope we hear from somebody that has actually owned one of these, and perhaps a person who drives it somewhat aggressive. Or Maslin can just man up and take one for the team. Just sayin.

Its only money, 70$ test run....
Correll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:53 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Correll View Post
I just hope we hear from somebody that has actually owned one of these, and perhaps a person who drives it somewhat aggressive. Or Maslin can just man up and take one for the team. Just sayin.

Its only money, 70$ test run....
With Integy's reputation for producing crap, everyone is gun-shy. If I were in the market for this kind of chassis I would take a chance for 70 bones.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:05 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I've got 2 of their older ones. Their old SCX10 chassis I received in a trade and a cage for the summit. This is the one I have: http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...1#.WW17LogrKM8

Both are straight and even, and the welds look solid if not especially pretty. Heavy though, all solid rod. Unless you're building a crawler/trail rig and like a heavier truck (I do), I'd stick with the stock chassis.

On a side note, I cut up the SCX10 version a bit and used it to practice brazing. Changed around the back end quite a bit. Was a little intimidated with doing an entire chassis from scratch and figured it would be a good learning experience. Came out pretty good actually - it was a good starting point for modding into my own and I didn't feel all that bad about hacking it up.

Last edited by OSRC; 07-17-2017 at 09:07 PM.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:00 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
I've got 2 of their older ones. Their old SCX10 chassis I received in a trade and a cage for the summit. This is the one I have: DIY Steel Roll Cage Tube Frame Chassis for Axial SCX-10 CF-100, Dingo & Honcho for R/C or RC - Team Integy

Both are straight and even, and the welds look solid if not especially pretty. Heavy though, all solid rod. Unless you're building a crawler/trail rig and like a heavier truck (I do), I'd stick with the stock chassis.

On a side note, I cut up the SCX10 version a bit and used it to practice brazing. Changed around the back end quite a bit. Was a little intimidated with doing an entire chassis from scratch and figured it would be a good learning experience. Came out pretty good actually - it was a good starting point for modding into my own and I didn't feel all that bad about hacking it up.
That one looks so straight up and down and awkward as a sore peeder... I think I decided to give it a go. Last night got my electronics installed and got my deadbolt up and running and the bomber is squared about, think I'll get one and use some scx10 bits to see what its all about. Thanks for your input.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:39 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Another option I mentioned in other thread:

https://www.asiatees.com/display?-RR...d=143101&pid=1
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:36 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

It would be cool to see a bomber chassis built up. I would buy one if it looked good.
Plus it would be a good excuse for me to finally build one.
PileDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:24 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Ive got 2 of those bomber chassies on the way for a special twin build ill do a tbread once i get them started
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:54 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

did u get the integy or the asia tees?
PileDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:23 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PileDriver View Post
did u get the integy or the asia tees?
They came off of ebay but there the same ones that are in the link above from asia tees i dont like how integy is doing there front end or the spare tire mount the asia tees has the mount but its a bolt on piece so it can go with or with out a spare

Last edited by ferp420; 07-27-2017 at 03:40 PM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Anyone built off an Integy chassis? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Integy Chassis RemoteControl General Crawlers 6 01-03-2017 01:11 PM
anyone try INTEGY chassis?? ratpower396 Tamiya Clod Buster 11 03-04-2010 03:34 PM
integy or stock chassis? brianw HPI Wheely King 2 01-22-2010 05:24 PM
integy chassis must85 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 15 10-24-2009 07:14 PM