Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Nylints are officially discontinued

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Nylints are officially discontinued

This is a copied and pasted email I sent to Funrise along with their reply.

Quote:
Hello Mr. Johnson,

Thank you for contacting Funrise Toys.

Unfortunately the item you are inquiring about has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase. We do not know if or when we will be producing a new model.

We look forward to speaking with you soon .

Flo
Funrise Toy Corp. || Customer Service Representative
(800) 882 3808 toll free || (81 883 3809 fax
We Create Fun || www.Funrise.com
Play. Explore. Learn. || www.ZOOOOS.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Jan 24, 2007 8:31:38 PM
Subject: Production of rock crawlers

Are you guys ever going to go back into production of the rock crawlers and if so were will they be available?
So whoever is looking forward to a new Nylint model or the past models, I would not hold my breath.
Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2007, 12:47 AM   #2
Release your anger..

Rat1,
The Future of Nylint Rock Crawlers... Read!!!
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:41 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I see no differences between the two communications. The first one that Rat1 posted said there was no definite decision about the future. They said they don't know "if or when" they will be producing them again.

The second correspondance, to which GT40 linked, said that it's not in production at the moment and "if and when" they decide to bring them out again, a parts website will be up.

Just because "Flo" said that an item is discontinued and not available for purchase, doesn't mean it'll never be back. And just because "Steve" said that it's not discontinued but is still not currently in production, doesn't guarantee that it'll be back.

I agree with Rat1's assessment -- don't hold your breath for a new one. It's obvious that Funrise hasn't made a decision either way yet. It should also be noted that the comment from "Steve" was back in October of '06. "Flo" is quoted from January of '07. If any correspondance had more weight than the other, I'd believe the most recent first.
JasonA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
R.I.P. Chip

I have talked to several people at funrise personally. They are not, nor will not be making anymore Nylints.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:07 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Angry

crap... :-(
lohocla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:10 AM   #6
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
I have talked to several people at funrise personally. They are not, nor will not be making anymore Nylints.

WOOHOOO... Party time

TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #7
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
WOOHOOO... Party time

wheres the mosh at ? Im all in !
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:54 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I tried to tell them that months ago. Wal-Mart under sold them and Funrise had to nice of a CS. To many poeple where scamming them.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:15 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn
I tried to tell them that months ago. Wal-Mart under sold them and Funrise had to nice of a CS. To many poeple where scamming them.
So will the Nylint be the next Bruiser? 20 years from now people will be paying triple what they sold for new....so that's what? 100-150 bucks? Glad I put mine to use.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:22 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, now as they break/spontaneously combust. Some of the nylint kids will move onto bigger and better things.
kerosinek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #11
Gettin’ back on the horse

to bad really thats what got me into rc crawlin in the first place they will be missed good thing i have a brand new one sittin on my shelf. ha ha!
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:17 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405
So will the Nylint be the next Bruiser? 20 years from now people will be paying triple what they sold for new....so that's what? 100-150 bucks? Glad I put mine to use.
20 years from now? Look at eBay right now. The small ones are selling for that including shipping. Some of them are asking $99 PLUS shipping for Buy It Now. The large ones easily go for $150 plus shipping.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:20 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

"The large ones easily go for $150 plus shipping"

I just got one off e-bay about 2 weeks ago, and paid $50.00 + shipping... I am sad that they are not going to return, not that they are an awesome crawler, but because that's the way I came into this as well. *sigh*
FossilJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:14 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
WOOHOOO... Party time

LOL

Truthfully though if it wasnt for nylint, tons of folks wouldn't ever have gotten into crawlers. Myself being one. Never knew what one was untill nylint? Will I ever move up to a "better one"? Who knows, sounds like they all break? Anyways it is not the type of crawler, its what you can do with it, Isnt it??
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

If you look at the eBay prices in general, even getting a little one for $50 is doing good. Most of the 1:6 scalers are easily going for $150. My wife bought me my 1:6 for Christmas, and bought the cheapest one she could find New In Box (damaged box) for $125 plus shipping.

HOLYCAVEMAN, it's ABSOLUTELY not what you have but what you do with it and how much fun you have doing it (I completely agree with you). Folks making fun of others or demeaning their rigs is totally "detrimental to the sport", but unfortunately there are people out there who need that to feel good about themselves. The same goes on in the 1:1 four wheeling realm. Jeep guys laugh and Suzuki and Toyota guys, Toyota guys laugh at Jeep and Ford guys, Chevy guys laugh and Ford and Nissan guys, etc. It's unfortunate that junk goes on, but humans are humans I guess, and some people prefer to be negative. When I see other guys on the trail with my Jeep (1:1), I talk to them about their Yotas and Zuks and Broncos and a lot of them are friendly when they talk back.

Unfortunately, you get those guys that, NO MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE, they have something better. And in many cases that's the way life is. No matter what you have, be it an R/C crawler, a real car, a house, a job...somebody somewhere's got "more" than you do. That's just the way it is. We should all be here to support each other in this hobby we share, and at the very least...your momma is never wrong. "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."
Old 02-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #16