Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Thoughts On Redcat Racings Everest Gen7 Sport?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2017, 01:26 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Thoughts On Redcat Racings Everest Gen7 Sport?

I have the Pro, well worth the extra money, especially since I got it 10% off for black friday at the local shop. It blows the SCX I used to have out of the water. Redcat it really stepping up their game with this truck. I'm impressed and loving it. I have a Vader Products skid that should be here tomorrow to allow for better geometry in the suspension and flexing. I also ordered a steel trans gear set, and some of the chinese aluminum steering arms, knuckles and trans case just to bulet proof it alittle better. Only thing else I may add is alittle more wheel weight. I love this little truck.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2017, 07:48 PM   #22

Any problems yet?
brokemudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:22 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokemudder View Post
Any problems yet?
Big Squid bashed them and nothing broke:

"Normally in our shootouts we also have two other categories – durability and parts availability. In our scale crawler shootout, we decided not to include either of these. During the entire shootout none of the trucks “broke”, thus the reason a durability category was not included. Sure, we bashed the trucks, we rammed them into each other, we bound them up in the rocks, and we drove them full speed at a wall (which they tried to climb instead of break), yet still all six trucks are unbroken" (http://www.bigsquidrc.com/1-9-rtr-sc...-final-results).
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:20 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

For those hesitant, my Gen7 Sport came in last week, well worth it IMO. I immediately fitted my spare TRX4 Defender body on it. I got a TRX4 D110 clearbody and painted it black and the stock one has been sitting around, it's mounted via supplied velcro mount on the Gen7 now.

The Misses drove it (first run) as she followed me (TRX4) around the block in the snow while it was snowing. It followed me up and down hills with no issues in the snow. My TRX4, w/ diffs unlocked showed some hesitating hill climbing in the snow whereas the Gen7 romped right now. I can't wait until we hit some trails together, two D110s looked good bashing in the snow together already.
ksonghasun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Sounds like a plan! Let us know how you like it and what breaks. My money's on the plastic diff locker. ;) Not that I want anything to get busted... just what I think might.
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:08 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Or the plastic trans gears.
redemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Thoughts On Redcat Racings Everest Gen7 Sport? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redcat Gen7 Sport project Jim85IROC General Scale Talk 31 01-16-2018 02:13 PM
New Everest Gen7 Pro Issues and Comments nightcrawler48 Redcat Crawlers 45 01-10-2018 05:53 PM
Redcat Racing Everest Gen7 1/10th scale 1.9 603Hobby Redcat Crawlers 34 12-10-2017 08:17 AM
Anybody taken delivery on a Redcat Gen7 yet? attaboy General Crawlers 8 10-20-2017 09:49 AM
Everest Gen7 Crawler by RedCat jeepgeek2002 General Scale Talk 19 10-10-2017 06:02 AM