Notices

Thread: *GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2017, 10:45 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: *GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
That’s exactly what SuperShafty told me.
No traffic, not worth it

That makes 4 non renewals.

Plus rcbros isn't running the 12 days of Christmas giveaway this year which drives up stars. Could be an interesting season...

Last edited by WHITE-TRASH; 10-19-2017 at 10:48 AM.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2017, 12:05 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I know 3 that aren't renewing due to no traffic or buyers coming through here. They post a new widget here and get 10 likes and a couple sales. Post the same thing on bookface and get a hundred likes & 20 direct sales.
When the vendors leave, that will be the end. This should be the place for crawler related parts that are new to the market. Unfortunately fb hits a much larger audience. Business works best in numbers. More people equals more sales.

So we know what the problems are. The question is how do we reverse the trend and get traffic here. Has anyone tried to reach out to other forums and see what is working for them?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #23
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl-air View Post
Use social media for what it was intended for. Post your thread here or on any other forum, and link to the thread on the social media site; those interested will follow the link and MAYbe find enough value to come back.
Ive actually noticed one veteran member and a few others posting links on their FB page to their recent posts here. I thought that was a great idea actually.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:37 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Better and more involved Owners would bring this site back to life.
This site needs a serious facelift.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:45 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Im new to this hobby. Got my first RTR in June/July this year, since then I've got another 3 RTRs, built my first kit late sept early October and Ive got another one coming tomorrow to keep me busy during half term when Im off with the kids.

What got me into the crawling was that this year I decided to have a full on car year as I was turning 40. I have a small fleet of vehicles, so it started with the 1986 Suzuki 410 that I started taking off road. This followed in February by taking my 1992 944 S2 on track for the first time. I then continued the off roading, enjoying it more and more. I then took the 944 to Nurburgring in May. Loved it, but it was becoming expensive. I then turned more to the off roading as the cheaper option. I then decided it was time to get a big petrol engined 4x4, so I sold my Fireblade and got hold of a Jeep XJ and put a high lift on. Whilst looking at videos of offroading on youtube I discovered some guys blasting around in what I now know are SCX10s. This piqued my interest.

Where I live, there isn't much in the way of rock canyons, but where there is, are woods and muddy trails. It tends to rain alot in the UK, so finding a hobby where you actually want it a bit wet and muddy is a great find. Plus its tinkering with cars...win win.

So what I would propose is to join some 4x4 groups on facebook and get some pictures and videos up. Im a member of Jeep group and an SCX10 group for example, sometimes when looking at the pictures the models are so good that Im sure they are the real thing and I have to check the group.....hahaha.

So use FB to generate the interest. I prefer forums to FB for finding out information, dont get me wrong Ive learnt alot on FB about the hobby, but coming here has given me the detail and extra information I really needed. Seeing the HW 1080 thread last night made me order one for my SCX10 kit that's coming tomorrow, where-as in reality the spare 1060 would "maybe have been fine".

So thats my view....:-)
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:25 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I think the #1 thing to bring people back from Facebook is to have the site owners give a shit about this place. The front page has long been a joke. And the look of the forum hasn't ever gotten a refresh from what I remember. And what happened to the big site contests? When owners don't care about the site that makes it hard for members to care. More than one former star holder has told me they aren't going to keep giving money to a site that never puts money back into the site.
I completely agree with this!
As a recent new member this is one of the first things that I noticed about this site. A news section with the most recent post that is three years old and event notices from 2013. Really? This site literally screams "We don't give a damn" from the site owners, admins and moderators. They are great at enforcing meaningless stupid rules but seem totally uninterested in keeping the content up to date. Maybe it is time for the current owners/admins to step aside and sell this forum to someone who actually cares. Any vendors interested? A well run forum is not a set it and forget it proposition, it must be constantly maintained. The site owner must be active and participate in the topic of the site. I have seen a number of specialty sites purchased by companies over the years just to milk them for member fees. Personally, I have no interest in Facebook which is not well suited for a forum like discussion board. Once a post scrolls off the top of the list it becomes virtually impossible to locate. Unfortunately, FB is the trend with young people and I don't know how you change that. I also find it interesting that no forum admin or moderator has posted any comments in this thread yet.

BTW, thanks to Krazed Builds for supporting this site! I just installed a set of Big Bore shocks on my TRX4 and even if I don't win anything, I will probably be buying a set of BB pistons. You guys may have started something here you did not intend to.

Last edited by Inspector86; 10-24-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:48 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Default *GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set

That is spot on. I’m not a facebooker so I don’t always find stuff on time. A semi local crawler group is only Facebook, never current or active
Biggest problem with fb is the incessant idiocy of many, and you can’t always find that out easy, by reading a thread

Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 10-22-2017 at 03:50 PM.
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:24 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Thank for the awesome giveaway.
I have been here since 2005 and sadly I am not sure what can be done to bring the forum back. I kinda left for a while but came back. Started a build thread of my scale garage and posts/responses started miraculously disappearing. I questioned about it and got ZERO response from the mods. Figured what was the point of posting here if posts are going to be deleted at a whim. So I took my build to social media where I could interact with people. So I guess mods that actually answer questions, especially to paying members, would be a start. Owners that actually give a crap about the forums and not just the money it makes for them. Someone to actually update the front page. How about someone to run RCC social media so that it may actually drive people here to the forums. Also Give-a-ways, there used to be a lot more of them back in the day. Even maybe take a bit of money from the adds to do a give-a-way a month/quarter. With out the give-a-ways there is no reason to have a star. These are just my opinions, don't know if they would help or not.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:37 AM   #29
Rock Stacker

I actually don't own big bores and IF I get picked I would like to pass the give-away to someone who puts good use to it, many many thanks nonetheless to Krazedbuilds! ... Forums are a dying art mostly because everyone wants to draw info from them but are too lazy to actually make a thread since it is somewhat more difficult to make a post than FB. (f-you photobucket..). Another fault that I let myself dive into (and probably other newbies feel the same) is, after watching all these great rigs, I feel a little shy to post what I have done to a cheap Maverick Scout albeit I am very proud of it..
Vagos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:30 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

I joined this site originally many years ago when Axial still sold Nitro motors and the only product I owned from them was the Baja Buzzard Scorpion body that I was going to mount on my E-Maxx... I had worked at a LHS and was planning on adding my first crawler/rock racer to my stable of about a dozen RCs when I had an apartment complex fire that ruined all my gear. I gave up on RC and focused on other things for several years.

Fast-forward a while and I was still paying attention to the RC products that were being released and found myself getting interested in the upcoming Axial Bomber RR10. I had been watching the King of the Hammers, Baja, and rock crawling/bouncing videos here and there - and was stationed at the 29 Palms California USMC base next to where the KOH race takes place back in the early '80s. I always loved Baja, was close to getting another Slash and making it more of a Baja style struck than a short-course but really liked the idea of something that would be more fun at lower speeds and varied terrain.

I tried to start posting here again, found out my account was closed for some unknown reason and never got a response as to why from a moderator. I had only posted a few times, figured I'd just start a new account and here I am. I really enjoy reading this site and despise FaceBook, never had an account there. I love reading new build threads the most, but am a procrastinator myself - so I have only shown my Vaterra Ascender K10 and pictures of the parts of my RR10 kit that is probably the world record holder for purchasing parts and never building.

I'll agree that this site is dated, a bit hard to use, and somewhat unfriendly to new users - but there are many offsetting factors that make it a great place to come for RC rock crawling, racing, scale, and casual trail-running enthusiasts.

We have some fantastically helpful members here!

Both hobbyists, competition participants, scratch-builders, and vendors to include the designers and engineers of the best products available in our selected offshoot from the world of radio-controlled off-road vehicles.

As far as what could contribute to the betterment of the site, I think all the charts by member "mikebecher" need to be prominently linked to the table of contents somehow... they are invaluable!

Link to mfg pic of old Axial Baja Buzzard body on a Maxx chassis (not mine):

Axial Racing - Axial Scorpion Rock Racer - 1/10th Scale Rock Crawler - Electric RTR

(BTW - I'm installing Big-Bores on my Bomber... cool pistons!)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:31 AM   #31
Moderator Rule Breaker

Another thing is people making either their own parts or vendors making them. It seems like kits today are more complex at improving a part to point where you have to know how to design it then either print it or have it made. With tlt days and ax10 it kits were easy, people could make own parts without design software. We had ton of vendors too. Some for the most ridiculous things like that dude selling RCC branded coffee. Now you have to hunt for vendor on here and hope he still making parts.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:37 AM   #32
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
Another thing is people making either their own parts or vendors making them. It seems like kits today are more complex at improving a part to point where you have to know how to design it then either print it or have it made. With tlt days and ax10 it kits were easy, people could make own parts without design software. We had ton of vendors too. Some for the most ridiculous things like that dude selling RCC branded coffee. Now you have to hunt for vendor on here and hope he still making parts.
I remember that coffee, never had any but remember saying who the fark drinks coffee out on the rocks in the summer LOL. But ya we had odd vendors back then for sure.

I think the fabrication side of it disappeared early due to (not throwing gas on this fire but) scale points in competition. Now everyone wanted a skateboard in their truck for 2 points and the big companies saw this and poof, now why make it when you can just buy it. Plus add in an age group that is growing up with instant gratification and entitlement. Ya it sucks.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:49 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Thumbs up Re: *GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
I remember that coffee, never had any but remember saying who the fark drinks coffee out on the rocks in the summer LOL. But ya we had odd vendors back then for sure.

That would have been neat to try that coffee! I will drink coffee any time anywhere...hot days or cold days. I love my coffee!!
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:35 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
I completely agree with this!
As a recent new member this is one of the first things that I noticed about this site. A news section with the most recent post that is three years old and event notices from 2013. Really? This site literally screams "We don't give a damn" from the site owners, admins and moderators. They are great at enforcing meaningless stupid rules but seem totally uninterested in keeping the content up to date. Maybe it is time for the current owners/admins to step aside and sell this forum to someone who actually cares. Any vendors interested? A well run forum is not a set it and forget it proposition, it must be constantly maintained. The site owner must be active and participate in the topic of the site. I have seen a number of specialty sites purchased by companies over the years just to milk them for member fees. Personally, I have no interest in Facebook which is not well suited for a forum like discussion board. Once a post scrolls off the top of the list it becomes virtually impossible to locate. Unfortunately, FB is the trend with young people and I don't know how you change that. I also find it interesting that no forum admin or moderator has posted any comments in this thread yet.

BTW, thanks to Krazed Builds for supporting this site! You may have started something here you did not intend to.
Best response so far. Well said inspector.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:19 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

With only 35 post in over a month I'd say it's just a matter of time before the plug is pulled on rccrawler.com...
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:00 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

EVERYTHING is just a matter of time... (j/k)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:56 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
That makes 4 non renewals.

Plus rcbros isn't running the 12 days of Christmas giveaway this year which drives up stars. Could be an interesting season...
so I take it there will not be a 12 days of christmas giveaway this year? Bummer..thats the main reason I buy a star every year....
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:37 AM   #38

i think if people want others being less of a smart *** and such then rules that are a little bit stricter would fix that and bring more newbs like me here(i joined cuz im thinking of getting a small crawler thats 1/18 scale or smaller)
broitsseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:53 AM   #39
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
With only 35 post in over a month I'd say it's just a matter of time before the plug is pulled on rccrawler.com...

Ya its almost like the ones who still visit the thread even know any ideas tend to just fall into the dust.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:08 AM   #40
RCC Addict

This place needs a massive reorg.
The forums are like an overgrown garden that needs some pruning.

Do we really need a category for unlimited crawlers with 14 posts, burg crawlers with 688, or Ax10 gen 2 with 549. Not picking on the comp crawlers in particular, but there are way to many boards to pick through, I think much of the crossover stuff gets lost because people on follow certain boards.

I mean come on a full sized vehicle board? Man one thread in chit chat can handle that.

If you want to be great at everything, you normally fail at being good at anything.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote

*GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Krazed Builds - 10mm Shock Piston Tuner Sets Robbob Chassis and Suspension 8 02-16-2018 01:44 PM
*** Krazed Builds - SCX Tuner Set Pistons Robbob Chassis and Suspension 14 07-14-2017 08:53 PM
GiveAway - Krazed Builds XR10 behind the motor mount Robbob General Crawlers 20 03-31-2015 07:22 AM