Thread: *GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2017, 11:14 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: *GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
That makes 4 non renewals.

Plus rcbros isn't running the 12 days of Christmas giveaway this year which drives up stars. Could be an interesting season...

That's a good thing for liability, considering it broke so many State and Federal laws. One pissed off member could send one letter to 50 states attorney generals office(s) and turn this into a giant class action Lawsuit.

Can't say that I am star bound this year. I don't mind contributing, but I do not see the owner actively improving the structure of the site.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2017, 11:27 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerby149 View Post
...biggest thing it needs is guys helping new people rather than constant criticism on what they are doing.
X2

Quote:
How about we get new masters that can at least act like they give half a damn about their bastard children enough to pop in and say high? Jason pops in to change the ads and ignore his pm box. Badger shows up if axial has another gawdammed jeep coming out and to talk sit to eeepee. The latter part I fully support so no need to change that at all.
X2, owners used to care, now don't seem to care at all as long as we buy stars? There are some good admins, who are helpful and take the time to improve this place, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
New trucks, less attitude, but that’s fantasy land
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Ya PBucket really screwed a lot of forums out there for sure, pretty much drove everyone to Fbook.

I havent checked VB plugins in some tie but im sure theres a bbcode that could even let people use their IG feed. That could help with pictures for those to lazy to find another host like Flicker or Imgdur.

...I think its hard to give good help these days. Tell someone they could do it differently in their feelings get hurt. Seems like you could tell someone they did something good but then bust stones about how they should have done something else another way and thats the only part the OP reads and throws a dick shot at you.

OMG you're not kidding on the FBook searching. Fbook you get all the cyber love apparently people need today and the ability to ignore/block what you dont want even if its helpful stuff. Fbook you get to hear plainly what you want to hear which isnt always what you need to hear or helpful. Fbook every crawler looks great and can do anything, here people can actually help you tune it and learn why all that Integy stuff is crap lol.

I so miss those days. Mentally drain the weekly paycheck just by reading all the build threads. Watch videos and imagine doing it when you get home. Watching following and attempting some of the sick scale builds that use to be on here. Now theres too many cool jumps, bolt on accessories and not enough actual styrene work.
X2, Pbucket screwed many of us and many forums all over the web. I"m not a social media guy, don't care at all, no Fbook, Instagram, Twitter, whatever for me. Tapatalk is another app I don't need or want, I've got a powerful smartphone that can handle any properly coded website.

Fbook etc. are just big selfstroke sites where nothing is bad, all your RCs are awesome, even though the reality of those who try to help can be blocked out. Just because somebody suggests to do it differently some peeps get offended. I come here to read and view the 1000 different ways other peeps build their trucks, comment, help out, and incorporate some of their great ideas into my trucks, love it! Yes, used to be so many super cool builds with peeps making almost the entire truck from scratch, I read those threads in amazement and admiration. I don't have as much free time to do all that stuff and sometimes don't have the skill and/or tools either, but they're fascinating to read and follow along in pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoMan View Post
...There really is too much negativity within RCC which has made many just abandon ship. The hobby should be fun and people helping people rather than constant one-upmanship.
X2, sarcasm and jokes do not come across well in written form (ie over the web) so I try to word things a little more gently when helping others. However, some threads just deteriorate into rude joke fests when people get all butt-hurt over something said, even though they are the ones denying reality. Using the internet and forums requires a little thicker skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Thanks for the awesome chance Robbob!

Yes, new trucks! I think the Traxxas TRX-4 brought new people.

I don't think we have an attitude problem. There are a lot of attitudes/personalities on this site and that's a good thing. We can be dicks at times, which sometimes scares away newbies and that's a bad thing, but for the most part we give and take sarcasm and it takes a while to realize that.

I think the #1 thing to bring people back from Facebook is to have the site owners give a shit about this place. The front page has long been a joke. And the look of the forum hasn't ever gotten a refresh from what I remember. And what happened to the big site contests? When owners don't care about the site that makes it hard for members to care. More than one former star holder has told me they aren't going to keep giving money to a site that never puts money back into the site.

This site is kind of cliquey. The members, and even the moderators, are smart asses. I'm pretty sure that scares away some newbies. I'm not sure how you change that. Heck, even one of the big name mods was a dick to me for no reason. I asked a serious question about the traffic of this site on a thread and he called me a douche bag or something for having social media links in my signature. For what reason?

EDIT: "Funny" that my signature with said social media links keeps disappearing. Last I checked that wasn't against the rules.
X2, need site owners actively involved in the hobby, the site and who are using the latest methods to draw more web traffic. Over the past year I've found way more info on comps and gtg via Google search and almost none of it was found here on RCCRAWLER....sad...shows distinct lack of DGAF by the owners here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
Better and more involved Owners would bring this site back to life.
This site needs a serious facelift.
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
I completely agree with this!
As a recent new member this is one of the first things that I noticed about this site. A news section with the most recent post that is three years old and event notices from 2013. Really? This site literally screams "We don't give a damn" from the site owners, admins and moderators. They are great at enforcing meaningless stupid rules but seem totally uninterested in keeping the content up to date. Maybe it is time for the current owners/admins to step aside and sell this forum to someone who actually cares. Any vendors interested? A well run forum is not a set it and forget it proposition, it must be constantly maintained. The site owner must be active and participate in the topic of the site. I have seen a number of specialty sites purchased by companies over the years just to milk them for member fees. Personally, I have no interest in Facebook which is not well suited for a forum like discussion board. Once a post scrolls off the top of the list it becomes virtually impossible to locate. Unfortunately, FB is the trend with young people and I don't know how you change that. I also find it interesting that no forum admin or moderator has posted any comments in this thread yet.

BTW, thanks to Krazed Builds for supporting this site!
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
That is spot on. I’m not a facebooker so I don’t always find stuff on time. A semi local crawler group is only Facebook, never current or active
Biggest problem with fb is the incessant idiocy of many, and you can’t always find that out easy, by reading a thread
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoMan View Post
That would have been neat to try that coffee! I will drink coffee any time anywhere...hot days or cold days. I love my coffee!!
X2, love my coffee hot or cold day! I bring it out on the trail by pre-making it, then carrying it with me in a Camelbak bottle hanging off my pack.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:28 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
This place needs a massive reorg.
The forums are like an overgrown garden that needs some pruning.

Do we really need a category for unlimited crawlers with 14 posts, burg crawlers with 688, or Ax10 gen 2 with 549. Not picking on the comp crawlers in particular, but there are way to many boards to pick through, I think much of the crossover stuff gets lost because people on follow certain boards.

I mean come on a full sized vehicle board? Man one thread in chit chat can handle that.

If you want to be great at everything, you normally fail at being good at anything.

For sure. But look at how people cry for a new section every time a new rig comes out. Monster trucks, mst, trx4 etc. I get that there needs to be some segregation but do we need 9 sections specifically for axial as well as the scale sections that 85% of them fall under anyway? Of course we do, badger works there.

Rather than 9 axial sections how about putting the U4 (bomber & yeti) type rigs in that section, ax10 and xr10 goes to a new shafty & moa non brand specific section.

Shove all the outdated rigs such as the duratrax cliff climber into general crawlers and eliminate the sections that aren't used enough to matter. Searching leads you to them anyway if you're interested.

Drop all the others in a brand specific area. Traxxas gets theirs, redcat gets theirs etc. This place has more clutter than half the hoarders you see on tv getting a dumpster intervention.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:32 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Natedog I hate bookface too but the rc scene on there is 50x what this place is now. I joined a while back and I'm only on rc groups, no friends that don't rc, no family and I don't follow anyone so I have no idea what they had for dinner yesterday. It's nice to stay cutting edge since nobody releases anything here in ghost town.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:05 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Red face Re: *GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set

Quote:
For sure. But look at how people cry for a new section every time a new rig comes out. Monster trucks, mst, trx4 etc. I get that there needs to be some segregation but do we need 9 sections specifically for axial as well as the scale sections that 85% of them fall under anyway? Of course we do, badger works there.

Being an admin/owner of several sites in the past using vbulleton I can tell you that there is several simple ways to address this issues.

Before you hit submit on your next reply to any thread observe the "post Icons"

If you were to change these icons to, lets say a SCX10 icon you could have a Axial section where choosing the SCX10 icon indicates that it is specific to that model.

This would give a quick visual indication of what specific model a thread was directed toward.

The worst this for a forum is to allow it to become cliquey, or less cross interactive.

Quote:
Natedog I hate bookface too but the rc scene on there is 50x what this place is now.

Facebook is what old people use, youngons use snapchat. Eventually you will see facebook becoming irrelevant just as my space, instant messenger and other became.

Last edited by Ditchrat; 11-16-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:20 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

I don't like fakebook. The one thing that forums have over fakebook and others etc., is the repository of knowledge and relevant info that I can search through. It's almost like a wiki to me.

Too much of social media is fire and forget for the next minute. No real appreciation for the long running build or the continual incremental improvements people make to their rigs.

I will always prefer online forums to social media for information gathering. You get real unfiltered opinions on trucks, parts, etc. and the wealth of experience from members.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Natedog I hate bookface too but the rc scene on there is 50x what this place is now. I joined a while back and I'm only on rc groups, no friends that don't rc, no family and I don't follow anyone so I have no idea what they had for dinner yesterday. It's nice to stay cutting edge since nobody releases anything here in ghost town.
Yep, way too invasive to sign up for Fbook, I'll just go back to playing with toy trucks lol.

Quote:
...The worst this for a forum is to allow it to become cliquey, or less cross interactive.

Facebook is what old people use, youngons use snapchat. Eventually you will see facebook becoming irrelevant just as my space, instant messenger and other became.
Yes.

Lol, guess you're technically correct, hahahaha I had forgotten about that Myspace crap site lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I don't like fakebook. The one thing that forums have over fakebook and others etc., is the repository of knowledge and relevant info that I can search through. It's almost like a wiki to me.

Too much of social media is fire and forget for the next minute. No real appreciation for the long running build or the continual incremental improvements people make to their rigs.

I will always prefer online forums to social media for information gathering. You get real unfiltered opinions on trucks, parts, etc. and the wealth of experience from members.
Yes.

Yes, fire off the thought of the day and forget.

Yes!
Old 11-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

i will keep coming here until the day someone pulls the plug, it's to bad people don't come here for what the fórum is intended, giveaways are great i've entered most and won some, but i still come on here to look at builds and get ideas or search and get some notion of what i want to do on my builds, which are scarce now btw, but i won't forget this fórum who helped me reignite my passion for rc.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Forums are far superior for build threads for absolute sure. I don't like bookface but for now it does the trick for information sharing. It is only invasive if you put information into it. Bookface doesn't have anything listed in my profile about me. Name and birthday is all I put in.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Name and birthday is all I put in.
Which is more then enough. From that I can get your home address, and IP address. From that I can get your phones unique id number, if you have a router I can then start searching for everywhere you went with your phone screaming out your routers name.

Basically anything someone wants to know. Yes it is slightly more difficult then that, and no Im not going to say exactly how or do it.

But the point was its already too late, you might as well use the different tech out there as you spilled the beans.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:39 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Which is more then enough. From that I can get your home address, and IP address. From that I can get your phones unique id number, if you have a router I can then start searching for everywhere you went with your phone screaming out your routers name.

Basically anything someone wants to know. Yes it is slightly more difficult then that, and no Im not going to say exactly how or do it.

But the point was its already too late, you might as well use the different tech out there as you spilled the beans.
This.

You will be surprised how much information someone can get from that. Plug it into Experian's API and do a fuzzy search on matching info. I can now see if you're a candidate for what type of loan, whether you'd qualify, etc.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:32 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I am very well aware of what can be found off of nothing.
That much info has been on the web since the 90's in my case so it's a little too late to tighten my tinfoil.

My point is that I don't do bookface "properly" so anyone that cares enough to know about me has to earn the info.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:47 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

Never met the owners, but im pretty sure that they have not posted here. Why is that? Do they care? Do they even check? Or are they scared they will get roasted? I dont know, but if they do not address some of the issues listed here by many of the more prominent members, this site will go the way of the dodo bird.

I am with white trash about facebook. I cant stand the constant unorganized mess of information. Its all about the right now and could care less about 10 sec ago. The thing is though, when I have a question guess where I go now. Unfortunately its facebook. Its way more active with members from here. I only visit a few locations, but the activity level is significantly higher.

If facebook ever figures out how to make searches work within pages, that will be the end of most forums as we know it. These are all the same issues that hayabusa.org had a few years ago. In 2008 it was a booming page, now it just lingers on. The owner is still very actively involved, but many of the members moved on to FB and it was hard to stop the rotation of the masses. They had many of the same issues that have been listed here except the inactive owners. Newbies being flamed for not using the search function.

Oh while I have the search function on my mind. One thing that would help the newbies with the search function is to have the search function in its simple form only search the current page. The problem when I was new here is that the search would inevitably come up with thousands of irrelevant posts from other pages. Once I quit using the basic search and moved on to the advanced only search, the problem went away. Maybe get rid of the basic search and only have the advanced. Tapatalk does a good job of only searching the current page.
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:03 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Arrow Re: *GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set

Quote:

I honestly think Snapchats days are numbered. Snaps are the most useless creation of society! Disappearing messages?? Lame!

Instagram on the other hand is where people seem to be migrating.

Just my opinion and what I have noticed. I actually kind of like Instagram.
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Forums are far superior for build threads for absolute sure. I don't like bookface but for now it does the trick for information sharing. It is only invasive if you put information into it. Bookface doesn't have anything listed in my profile about me. Name and birthday is all I put in.
Yes, forums are far superior for builds and researching older posts.

I've messed with bookface years ago as part of a jobe and it was surprising and disturbing the information they mined, cross-referenced and used. Nothing but my email address was correct and from that they suggested that I might know several people whom I did know (along with a bunch I didn't know) but some of those people I did know would have been difficult to ascertain that I knew them. Disturbing. I posted a few things here and there, then they required me to verify a phone number to continue using the account, that's when I abandoned it.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:23 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That's a good thing for liability, considering it broke so many State and Federal laws. One pissed off member could send one letter to 50 states attorney generals office(s) and turn this into a giant class action Lawsuit.

Can't say that I am star bound this year. I don't mind contributing, but I do not see the owner actively improving the structure of the site.
what laws did the christmas giveaway break???
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:43 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Yes, forums are far superior for builds and researching older posts.

I've messed with bookface years ago as part of a jobe and it was surprising and disturbing the information they mined, cross-referenced and used. Nothing but my email address was correct and from that they suggested that I might know several people whom I did know (along with a bunch I didn't know) but some of those people I did know would have been difficult to ascertain that I knew them. Disturbing. I posted a few things here and there, then they required me to verify a phone number to continue using the account, that's when I abandoned it.

Meh.

The first friend suggestion was a guy that was my neighbor a few years prior. That was kinda creepy but I figure everything is already out there anyway. I don't add to the knowledge base bookface has as it pertains to me but I'm aware of it.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:02 AM   #58

Great again? More members stepping up instead of everyone setting back and relying on the same people who have done for the forum over and over and OVER.

Quote:
That makes 4 non renewals.

Plus rcbros isn't running the 12 days of Christmas giveaway this year which drives up stars. Could be an interesting season...
This right here is a PERFECT example!

Rcbros has busted ass for a long time making the 12 days happen.

He gave more then ample notice that he was done and not doing it anymore.
BUT.... who has stepped up to take over?

I know I can honestly say my plate is beyond full, especially this year with my normal duties here and job and my wife in stage IV cancer and chemo etc...

But with over 98,000 register members and nearly 100 or more existing vendors, I would hope to think some of those have the free time.

No doubt it would take more then one person to handle the task, as I doubt a single person could do all that rcbros did by himself the first year taking things over. It's not a simple thing at all.

Number 3 on giveaway rules asks what to make rcc better?
Something happening that turns the majority of the members here from a giant nest of squawking helpless baby birds with their mouths wide open waiting for those select few to do everything for them and drop everything in their gaping mouths, .... instead turning a great majority of them into doers!!!!
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:15 AM   #59

List the part numbers to your build. People will come to the site to get the information on what parts are used. They will take a part number from one build and use it on another build and the combination of options is all but endless.

People are good are mentioning the product name, but not the part number.
CrawlnBYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:24 AM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
Rcbros has busted ass for a long time making the 12 days happen.

He gave more then ample notice that he was done and not doing it anymore.
BUT.... who has stepped up to take over?

But with over 98,000 register members and nearly 100 or more existing vendors, I would hope to think some of those have the free time.

Number 3 on giveaway rules asks what to make rcc better?
Something happening that turns the majority of the members here from a giant nest of squawking helpless baby birds with their mouths wide open waiting for those select few to do everything for them and drop everything in their gaping mouths, .... instead turning a great majority of them into doers!!!!
Yes, thank you RCBros, takes a lot of time and giving away parts and labor in addition! Thanks to the mods who take time to help members and keep this place cleaned up! Would be nice if some vendor(s) stepped up and took over for RCBros. More members reading, researching and then asking (except in the newbie section) and then helping others as they learn would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlnBYE View Post
List the part numbers to your build. People will come to the site to get the information on what parts are used.
I always try to list vendor, part number and a link to the product site.

*GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Krazed Builds - 10mm Shock Piston Tuner Sets Robbob Chassis and Suspension 8 02-16-2018 01:44 PM
*** Krazed Builds - SCX Tuner Set Pistons Robbob Chassis and Suspension 14 07-14-2017 08:53 PM
GiveAway - Krazed Builds XR10 behind the motor mount Robbob General Crawlers 20 03-31-2015 07:22 AM