Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: *GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2017, 08:17 PM   #1
Custom Carbon Fiber

Default *GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set

Ok lets do a giveway of something great, Its been a while since we've done one and we think these are the perfect part to do it with.

Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore/Dravtech Shock Piston Tuner Set

Rules are simple:
1: Be a Registered RCC Site Member. I dont care if you're a star holder or not. My give away My rules.

2: Post up as much as you want.

3: Post needs to consist of ideas - Your ideas of what could make RCC Great Again.
What would You like to see on the site to bring things back from FBook, bring people and great builds, bring the daily reason you visit up.

I will run this give away until Thanksgiving - the day after I will use the random number generator to pick FOUR Winners.
Thats right, 4 sets of these are gonna find new homes.

Lets hear what people have for ideas!

Good Luck to everyone!!

And we Thank You all for the continued Krazed Builds Support!!
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2017, 08:23 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: *GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set

Thanks for the Give away.
People just need to post up and the site would be up and running again...
To be honest with Photobucket killing image hosting that just might have been the last nail in the coffin for RCC.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:25 PM   #3
"GOD SPEED"

Robob, gonna single handedly try and revive the ever dying forum, biggest thing it needs is guys helping new people rather than constant criticism on what they are doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
nerby149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:33 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

How about we get new masters that can at least act like they give half a damn about their bastard children enough to pop in and say high? Jason pops in to change the ads and ignore his pm box. Badger shows up if axial has another gawdammed jeep coming out and to talk sit to eeepee. The latter part I fully support so no need to change that at all.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:39 PM   #5

What RCC needs is to advertise Tapatalk because it solves the photobucket problem with free photo hosting. And you guys also need to be less critical of newbies like me. Though I have had a good welcome I have seen others have less great ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cpyonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:04 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Tapatalk sucks. $20 a year and i host pics directly to the forum so they can't get lost due to outside issues.

There hasn't been a good flaming on here in at least 5 years. You'd have never lasted 10 years ago.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:52 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I agree with advertising. Nobody I talk to on Facebook knows about us. For some reason most people that are younger could care less about forums. I am 39 and don't understand the draw to Facebook for everything. I do think that the Facebook marketplace took a big bite out of rcc followers. I love this and many other forums, but it seems they are all suffering the same fate. The biggest thing is just getting people in the door. Quick answers to questions. Within the forum the standard search sucks. You always have to use advanced. When I search while I'm in the wraith section I don't need results from the 2.2 section. It's frustrating. Then to make matters worse, some rag on about searching. Tapatalk has made the search much easier. I will say over the course of the last 6 months or so I have seen less and less crap about using the search. But don't worry, Facebook's search is even more useless.

Other than just talking to guys at meet and greets, I have no idea how we increase active members. I do a lot browse and never join. Lots of guests here daily.

Maybe we could have a snippet or ad within every rc axial sells. Something like come here for all your advice and needs for your new hobby.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:58 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Need more build threads. Used to be flooded with them now it seems like im only here now mostly for classified.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:27 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Kill FB. Muahahaha.

And have PB put all the pictures back up.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:40 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

New trucks, less attitude, but that’s fantasy land

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:49 AM   #11
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Thanks for the Give away.
People just need to post up and the site would be up and running again...
To be honest with Photobucket killing image hosting that just might have been the last nail in the coffin for RCC.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Ya PBucket really screwed a lot of forums out there for sure, pretty much drove everyone to Fbook.

I havent checked VB plugins in some tie but im sure theres a bbcode that could even let people use their IG feed. That could help with pictures for those to lazy to find another host like Flicker or Imgdur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerby149 View Post
Robob, gonna single handedly try and revive the ever dying forum, biggest thing it needs is guys helping new people rather than constant criticism on what they are doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
LOl not me. I was thinking we havent seen many give aways like we use to then that got my ADD going to wish the forums were busy again then my OCD kicked in for parts and I came up with this. I think its hard to give good help these days. Tell someone they could do it differently in their feelings get hurt. Seems like you could tell someone they did something good but then bust stones about how they should have done something else another way and thats the only part the OP reads and throws a dick shot at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpyonker View Post
What RCC needs is to advertise Tapatalk because it solves the photobucket problem with free photo hosting. And you guys also need to be less critical of newbies like me. Though I have had a good welcome I have seen others have less great ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Theres other ways around the PBucket crap though, even Tapatalk can be limiting and who knows when they could pull the free hosting. Glad youve had a good intro here, def seen some that have had a hard one. Just gotta take certain things with thicker skin at times but I think majority here all have the same passions which is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Tapatalk sucks. $20 a year and i host pics directly to the forum so they can't get lost due to outside issues.

There hasn't been a good flaming on here in at least 5 years. You'd have never lasted 10 years ago.
Oh the good days ...... It def felt like a mens club back in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorider View Post
I agree with advertising. Nobody I talk to on Facebook knows about us. For some reason most people that are younger could care less about forums. I am 39 and don't understand the draw to Facebook for everything. I do think that the Facebook marketplace took a big bite out of rcc followers. I love this and many other forums, but it seems they are all suffering the same fate. The biggest thing is just getting people in the door. Quick answers to questions. Within the forum the standard search sucks. You always have to use advanced. When I search while I'm in the wraith section I don't need results from the 2.2 section. It's frustrating. Then to make matters worse, some rag on about searching. Tapatalk has made the search much easier. I will say over the course of the last 6 months or so I have seen less and less crap about using the search. But don't worry, Facebook's search is even more useless.

Other than just talking to guys at meet and greets, I have no idea how we increase active members. I do a lot browse and never join. Lots of guests here daily.

Maybe we could have a snippet or ad within every rc axial sells. Something like come here for all your advice and needs for your new hobby.

OMG you're not kidding on the FBook searching. Fbook you get all the cyber love apparently people need today and the ability to ignore/block what you dont want even if its helpful stuff. Fbook you get to hear plainly what you want to hear which isnt always what you need to hear or helpful. Fbook every crawler looks great and can do anything, here people can actually help you tune it and learn why all that Integy stuff is crap lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
Need more build threads. Used to be flooded with them now it seems like im only here now mostly for classified.
I so miss those days. Mentally drain the weekly paycheck just by reading all the build threads. Watch videos and imagine doing it when you get home. Watching following and attempting some of the sick scale builds that use to be on here. Now theres too many cool jumps, bolt on accessories and not enough actual styrene work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Kill FB. Muahahaha.

And have PB put all the pictures back up.
Cant do that ... how else are people gonna stalk their ex's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post

Hang up and Drive
Would love new trucks!
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:46 AM   #12

Figured I'd chime in!

I joined a long time ago but never really had anything to say that was constructive (and sometimes I still don't as I'm basically a constant newb when it comes to this). Recently I figured I would post up my rig and show the story of its upgrade. I have received some great advice and suggestions on it, as well as comments on things I could do better. I do agree that with Facebook, you can adjust the content so you see what you want to see and block or ignore everything you don't want. Not a good thing in my opinion, as differences of opinion is how communities and things like RC grow. If someone is too thin skinned to take constructive criticism on their build, likewise for someone who gave advice and was basically ignored, then growing will be really tough (for the individuals as well as the community).

As far as getting new people into this forum, well, we're already discussing FB and how tough it is to compete with. I'm some crawling groups in there and while they're helpful, none of them rival the advice and information I get here. Seems like FB is more of a showcase, and places like RCC forums are where you get REAL info. I'm used to being flamed lol, but it does get old after awhile. I used to comb gaming forums but stopped doing that years ago because gamers just seem to live in constant conflict with pretty much everything. But, I don't think its a lost cause....

I know this place could be rough in the past lol, but recently at least in the sections I look through daily, everyone is helping each other out and thats friggin' awesome. The draw for me on a daily basis is looking and reading about what everyone is doing and how can I implement some of these things into my rig. This forum pops up 95% of the time when I search for a mod to do on my Wraith, so I know for other crawlers is popping up for people too. Just getting them to sign up...

Maybe more giveaways?
Giving the forum a face lift? (but thats a massive undertaking that could piss more people off than help)
Maybe adding in the ability for users to create blogs
ren.dnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:46 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I have always hated PhotoBucket. For my photos I use Flickr. This honestly could be my last year becoming a green star member here. I almost didn't renew last year. There really is too much negativity within RCC which has made many just abandon ship. The hobby should be fun and people helping people rather than constant one-upmanship.

Last edited by ZippoMan; 10-19-2017 at 07:38 AM.
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:19 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Yea I forgot to mention photo bucket....the company that single handedly destroyed thousands of forums. I think fb paid them to do it. Drive everyone to fb. Would have been a brilliant move on their part.

One thing that could help is take away the post limit before allowing me to post up images. Allow newcomers to post images instantly. Next make image hosting free here. Don't require a star for that. Raise required money through a few fund raisers. Have regional crawling rcc fund raisers. Donate 20 to get a star. We need someone actively going after advertisers to bring in more vendors and ads.

It's rock face of an uphill battle against fb. Fb seems to be everyone's one stop shop. I think there is just as good of information on fb as here. The problem is you can't search for it. You have to constantly ask for information like it is new. I have asked some tough questions in the right places there and received very fast and accurate answers from guys that are most likely members here.

One question. When one posts on a thread here they are interested on, how do you get tapatalk to notify you of any response, even if mine was not quoted?

Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:52 AM   #15

Thanks for the awesome chance Robbob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post

Hang up and Drive
Yes, new trucks! I think the Traxxas TRX-4 brought new people.

I don't think we have an attitude problem. There are a lot of attitudes/personalities on this site and that's a good thing. We can be dicks at times, which sometimes scares away newbies and that's a bad thing, but for the most part we give and take sarcasm and it takes a while to realize that.

I think the #1 thing to bring people back from Facebook is to have the site owners give a shit about this place. The front page has long been a joke. And the look of the forum hasn't ever gotten a refresh from what I remember. And what happened to the big site contests? When owners don't care about the site that makes it hard for members to care. More than one former star holder has told me they aren't going to keep giving money to a site that never puts money back into the site.

This site is kind of cliquey. The members, and even the moderators, are smart asses. I'm pretty sure that scares away some newbies. I'm not sure how you change that. Heck, even one of the big name mods was a dick to me for no reason. I asked a serious question about the traffic of this site on a thread and he called me a douche bag or something for having social media links in my signature. For what reason?

EDIT: "Funny" that my signature with said social media links keeps disappearing. Last I checked that wasn't against the rules.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 10-19-2017 at 08:51 AM.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:01 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Maybe if everyone stop paying for a star the owners might start paying attention to the site.

I'd bet most vendors aren't make much money due to being a star vendor on RCC.

My suggestion is for vendors not to renew their stars.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:07 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

Use social media for what it was intended for. Post your thread here or on any other forum, and link to the thread on the social media site; those interested will follow the link and MAYbe find enough value to come back.
Bl-air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:29 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Maybe if everyone stop paying for a star the owners might start paying attention to the site.

I'd bet most vendors aren't make much money due to being a star vendor on RCC.

My suggestion is for vendors not to renew their stars.
I know 3 that aren't renewing due to no traffic or buyers coming through here. They post a new widget here and get 10 likes and a couple sales. Post the same thing on bookface and get a hundred likes & 20 direct sales.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:39 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I know 3 that aren't renewing due to no traffic or buyers coming through here. They post a new widget here and get 10 likes and a couple sales. Post the same thing on bookface and get a hundred likes & 20 direct sales.

That’s exactly what SuperShafty told me.
No traffic, not worth it

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:14 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the giveaway

I come here everyday or as often as posible becuase i have always been in rc, i think we should bring back the live builds at least once a month, and a tutorial on how to post pictures on the site from free hosts, so that the lost build threads pics can be put up again, some more posting on the still active OG members and founders would be nice. It all can't be about profit imho, or else we wouldn't be sinking all the money we do into our hobby.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote

*GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Krazed Builds - 10mm Shock Piston Tuner Sets Robbob Chassis and Suspension 8 02-16-2018 01:44 PM
*** Krazed Builds - SCX Tuner Set Pistons Robbob Chassis and Suspension 14 07-14-2017 08:53 PM
GiveAway - Krazed Builds XR10 behind the motor mount Robbob General Crawlers 20 03-31-2015 07:22 AM