Thread: Traxxas TRX-4 KIT Bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2018, 07:32 PM   #101

Default Re: Traxxas TRX-4 KIT Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabust View Post
https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...-4-red/p740223

I pre-ordered mine today from Amain, the sunset one
The sunshine one shows everywhere. I don't want that one.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2018, 06:19 AM   #102

My uncle had that exact bronco. Black with the sunshine center. It was hideous. It screamed "1970s". I want it.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:21 AM   #103
RCC Addict

We need the interior with shaggy Brown / orange seats and wall to wall carpet.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:41 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
WTF are you talking about? ITS MAKING THE OTHER TRUCKS CHEAPER. Axial dropped the price on the RTR XJ $20 and the new JK is $409. It probably would have been more had the TRX-4 not been out.

Lets see...I'm at the hobby shop and I can get a truck with portal axles, aluminum links, quality shocks and rod ends, a two speed, and unlocking diffs for $420, or I can get an SCX10.2 with ugly thin steel links, leaky plastic shocks, and LEDs for $410. HMMMM.... Which one is the better deal?

Don't get me wrong, I like my 10.2s, but dollar for dollar you get more with the TRX-4.
that was a little harsh, seems you took that a little personal.
maybe we dont all want to pay that much for features we wont use?
i dont like portals, and i dont think i would see myself unlocking the diffs?
i have a 2 speed ascender and its got locked diffs, drives fine.
the control of the diffs could have been used on a winch.

so yeah, i have close to zero interest in the TRX4. its way more truck than i need. and apparently I'm not the only one.

instead of a kit, maybe they could have done a bare bones RTR with regular axles, single speed, and permanently locked diffs and a cheaper remote.
i might have considered that.
but if you got the money to burn, need to go hooning in a trail truck... go for it! just dont get all emotional and condescending when somebody says its too much truck for them.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:08 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
We need the interior with shaggy Brown / orange seats and wall to wall carpet.

Oh god yes. Scale shag carpet? But for scale realism, interior should be whore-red as was popular of that era.
tuanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:10 PM   #106
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
that was a little harsh, seems you took that a little personal.
maybe we dont all want to pay that much for features we wont use?
i dont like portals, and i dont think i would see myself unlocking the diffs?
i have a 2 speed ascender and its got locked diffs, drives fine.
the control of the diffs could have been used on a winch.

so yeah, i have close to zero interest in the TRX4. its way more truck than i need. and apparently I'm not the only one.

instead of a kit, maybe they could have done a bare bones RTR with regular axles, single speed, and permanently locked diffs and a cheaper remote.
i might have considered that.
but if you got the money to burn, need to go hooning in a trail truck... go for it! just dont get all emotional and condescending when somebody says its too much truck for them.
I wasnt trying to be condescending nor did I take it personally. He was saying that the TRX-4 being priced so high was going to make the other trucks go up in price too. The point I was making is you get WAY more for your money with the TRX-4 so the fact that it is a little more than competitors is meaningless. The average person walking into a hobby shop will look at all the features of the TRX-4 and the build quality vs Axial's and see that. Axial or Vaterra can not raise their prices to the TRX-4 level (and expect to sell anything) because they have none of the features.

Traxxas does seem to be listening to the consumers on these. Whether they are reading this forum or simply Facebook groups and such, they have been releasing mods that we have asked for and they have done it very quickly compared to other manufacturers. Maybe one day they will release a simple version without portals, selectable lockers, and a single speed. But for an initial release, cramming all those features into their truck was smart because it made the TRX-4 stand out from all the other scalers on the market.

Last edited by Col_Sanders; 02-21-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:04 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Traxxas built a big name on their oversized-tire monsters, bashers, element-proof, and somewhat simple R/C cars - at least before the T/E Maxx...

Here's a concept - a simplified TRX-4 just as most have stated - no portals/shifter/selectable lockers - make it a 2.2-tired mudder-style truck, not quite a monster-truck, but more like a scale-accurate updated Stampede.

Maybe it isn't for Traxxas to build... Hell, Axial could EASILY make something more durable and as cheap as a Deadbolt - use AR60 axles and wheels/tires along the line of the JConcepts King Sling setup.

Maybe they could make up for the SMT10?
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:53 AM   #108

Is this a good first car for an adult beginner? Buddy has the Defender RTR and it seems pretty indestructible, except for the servos. I'm kind of leaning new guy to an Axial Honcho or the Bronco TRX4. He's a Chevy guy tho, any Chevy bodied RTRs out there, besides the Ascender and Red Cat? We do trails, rock crawling and some light bashing.
Derring-Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #109
RCC Addict

I like axial trucks for the simplicity of the scx10.2 platform and the 3rd party parts support.

I chose the bomber as a first truck mostly for the looks and my playing field is more suited to 2.2 rigs.

That being said, the Trx4 platform is awesome and getting rapid adoption by the 3rd party support.

Plus who dosen't like that bronco!

Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #110
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
Maybe you can build it without the locking diffs and some aluminium parts. I never understood the need for locking diffs, they must stay locked 90% of the time on a crawler.
This is simply an inaccurate statement and obviously the author has no direct experience driving the TRX4. In point of fact, the TRX4 climbs VERY well with open diffs despite what non-owners assume. I run my diffs in the open position easily 99% of the time.

I get tired of people offering their opinion without any direct knowledge or experience with the subject. If you don't own one your opinion is worthless! Jato started a very insightful thread on his new TRX4 Bronco RTR which is a really good read. Try reading it you might learn something about the TRX4.

Jato Got a Bronco
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:56 PM   #111
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
This is simply an inaccurate statement and obviously the author has no direct experience driving the TRX4. In point of fact, the TRX4 climbs VERY well with open diffs despite what non-owners assume. I run my diffs in the open position easily 99% of the time.

I get tired of people offering their opinion without any direct knowledge or experience with the subject. If you don't own one your opinion is worthless! Jato started a very insightful thread on his new TRX4 Bronco RTR which is a really good read. Try reading it you might learn something about the TRX4.

Jato Got a Bronco
It definitely crawls better with locked diffs. But it turns so much sharper with them open.
angrchair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:48 AM   #112
Rock Crawler

I discovered that oddity too. Even i the wet, it clambered allover everything in my garden, stairs, wet wood piles, scattered brick piles, without a locked diff anywhere.

On hard-core crawling circuits it’s probably needed, but for trail running and just bombing around for fun? Not really.

Having said that, I àm fond of the fact that it’s a choice that can be made on-the-run, and I am a serious buttons-and-levers-wh*re (hence my tank-hobby as of this moment 9 tanks... dangit! They procreate like rabbits .. )

My addiction to “extra functions” also led me to incorporating a tarr-smoker and a GT-powerlifht controller and 30w sound module with a hefty 10cm Visaton 8ohm 10w speaker. Car weighs a metric ton by now, but the fun of seeing people’s faces when the deep growl of a v8 starts to emanate from “that toy car” ànd the sudden smoke from the exhausts... ḷve it. Useful? Nope. Gobbles amps and is top-heavy because of the giant speaker, hindering performance on steep inclines, but that’s the price I am prepared to pay for something unique
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:42 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
You can do that yourself.

Sorry for the thread hijack but what bumper do you have on that Chevy? It looks great. Does it ft on a trx4 or would I need to mod it?
Jonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 02:27 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbass View Post
Sorry for the thread hijack but what bumper do you have on that Chevy? It looks great. Does it ft on a trx4 or would I need to mod it?
That looks very similar to the Yeah Racing bumpers I see all over Ebay. They are all black, but you can easily remove the anodizing.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:03 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
That looks very similar to the Yeah Racing bumpers I see all over Ebay. They are all black, but you can easily remove the anodizing.
Similar but not quite the same.

(#TRX4-032BK) Aluminum Alloy Front Bumper w/LED Light For Traxxas TRX-4 Axial SCX10 / II HPI Venture Black

Out of curiosity, how do you remove the anodizing?
Jonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:26 AM   #116
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbass View Post
Similar but not quite the same.

(#TRX4-032BK) Aluminum Alloy Front Bumper w/LED Light For Traxxas TRX-4 Axial SCX10 / II HPI Venture Black

Out of curiosity, how do you remove the anodizing?
I think you can use Easy-Off oven cleaner
BACK40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Traxxas TRX-4 KIT Bronco - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas TRX-4 x 2 driftomaniacs Scale Videos! 0 10-09-2017 06:53 PM
TRX Bronco Exocaged Traxxas TRX-4 13 07-20-2017 07:16 AM
Traxxas TRX-4 Giveaway Locked Up Traxxas TRX-4 22 06-22-2017 07:44 PM
Traxxas TRX-4 Giveaway Locked Up Locked Up RC 15 06-13-2017 03:19 PM