Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 1/6th Hasbro Jeep Body Durability....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2017, 11:41 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default 1/6th Hasbro Jeep Body Durability....

Asking here in hopes of more traffic. Please only chime in if you have experience with this body or something like it. Or if you wanna tell me this is the wrong section blah blah blah or I suck and so onn

Yes, I've searched and watched videos of people wheeling these Little Jeep Builds. But they all drive about 1 MPH and NEVER crash. I wouldn't be bashing one of these, IF I build one....But I wonder what happens if you lose it and crash? Does the plastic live through abuse OK? Or does it shatter apart and you cry inside...or outside.

Not much info on this in the Large scale section either. People seem to build them and slowly "scale" putt around. Which I would mostly do. But i would like to possibly acquire one of these overpriced pieces of old plastic from Ebay that should be 5$ at a garage sale but now people know us nerds like to build them into R/C's dammit.

Mine wouldn't be true scale and probably wouldn't even sport a driver(doll).....But I do love a flatty. Maybe the scale bug will bite me super bad and I will go full bore with a moving driver and all the accessories who knows....I don't have alot of fundage for this, so my wraith would probably have to die in order for me to do it.

Sooo are they weak brittle toys guys or what?! OR can they handle a little extra throttle and wreck here and there?

Let me know what you know if you know anything.
Correll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #2

Default Re: 1/6th Hasbro Jeep Body Durability....

Since there's not much action here I will chime in. I have a 1/6th Hasbro Jeep that I bought for a 2.2 project. I haven't gotten far into it, but I think it will be durable as a body except the windshield and mirrors, etc.

Do you plant on bolting the suspension directly to the plastic frame?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Since there's not much action here I will chime in. I have a 1/6th Hasbro Jeep that I bought for a 2.2 project. I haven't gotten far into it, but I think it will be durable as a body except the windshield and mirrors, etc.

Do you plant on bolting the suspension directly to the plastic frame?
I would probably do a metal frame, not sure. Having a hard time with the price of the available Jeeps! Not sure if I wanna spend around 100$+ for one. They look fun as hell, but I have no idea how they drive.

Im sure they end up heavy.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Correll View Post
I would probably do a metal frame, not sure. Having a hard time with the price of the available Jeeps! Not sure if I wanna spend around 100$+ for one. They look fun as hell, but I have no idea how they drive.

Im sure they end up heavy.
They're massive so they will have weight. I want mine to be a scaler with AR60 axles. I surely wouldn't bash with it, but I don't see it having any durability issues especially if you plan on using a metal frame.

I found mine for under $100 shipped. I forget if I got mine here or on eBay. If you are patient you will find one.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:43 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
They're massive so they will have weight. I want mine to be a scaler with AR60 axles. I surely wouldn't bash with it, but I don't see it having any durability issues especially if you plan on using a metal frame.

I found mine for under $100 shipped. I forget if I got mine here or on eBay. If you are patient you will find one.
There is a new in box unit on ebay for 127$ shipped. But There will be more $$$$$$ after that. But, im the type of person who will finish it and wheel it. Not bash tho. I would run AR60's also, I dont have the coin to have tons of R/c's so my wraith would have to die for this to happen.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:46 PM   #6

Quote:
There is a new in box unit on ebay for 127$ shipped. But There will be more $$$$$$ after that. But, im the type of person who will finish it and wheel it. Not bash tho. I would run AR60's also, I dont have the coin to have tons of R/c's so my wraith would have to die for this to happen.
If you have good electronics in your Wraith this could be a relatively cheap project. I plan on using a Castle X or Mamba X and a Tekin ROC412 3100kv in mine. If you have budget electronics in your Wraith you might have to upgrade to pull such a large rig. Just something to consider.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:47 PM   #7
Yashua

I have 2 of these Jeeps and a trailer.
I had one sitting in the,rafters of my shop and it fell 7 feet onto concrete and only the clear plastic windshield popped of but nothing broke.
I would say stronger than most other RC bodies .
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
If you have good electronics in your Wraith this could be a relatively cheap project. I plan on using a Castle X or Mamba X and a Tekin ROC412 3100kv in mine. If you have budget electronics in your Wraith you might have to upgrade to pull such a large rig. Just something to consider.
Wraith's drive train.

HH PP 540 2700KV
MMP
Castle BEC
1230SG savox
HR spools F/R
Axial uni's
43/13 axial Gears F/R
VP Truss's
VP scale knuckles
STRC steering
Axial servo horn
RR trans gears
steel 32p pinion and spur
Flysky el cheapo remote/receiver
Gmade shocks
CI DD soft foams
Axial plastic wheels
RC4WD wanna-be boggers
MIP Driveshafts
Aluminum trans housing from HR or somebody Chinese.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Wraith's drive train.

HH PP 540 2700KV
MMP
Castle BEC
1230SG savox
HR spools F/R
Axial uni's
43/13 axial Gears F/R
VP Truss's
VP scale knuckles
STRC steering
Axial servo horn
RR trans gears
steel 32p pinion and spur
Flysky el cheapo remote/receiver
Gmade shocks
CI DD soft foams
Axial plastic wheels
RC4WD wanna-be boggers
MIP Driveshafts
Aluminum trans housing from HR or somebody Chinese.
That's a good list. It might be a fairly inexpensive project for you then outside of the body.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:57 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
That's a good list. It might be a fairly inexpensive project for you then outside of the body.
Thanks for your input Creeperbob and Jato. Im mulling this over, my wife would buy me the Hasbro Jeep for Xmas. So, I just want to know if it can handle a little abuse, I will make it slow. I just like to drive, scale is cool and it may grow on me. I just really am a Jeep guy. and like the looks of the Hasbro flat fenders built up.

I can tell I would build mine a little different than some on here cause I would want it a hair lower ride height than some.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #11

Low enough for you?

Old 12-05-2017, 02:02 PM   #12

Old 12-05-2017, 02:04 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Low enough for you?

Ha! Those are plenty low. I am running 2.2 RC4WD baja claws (5.85") so I would be a bit higher than those! Im close to tapping buy it now on ebay for 127$ ouch.....THat is new in box tho......

Wifey says if that's what I want. She doesn't care, women they don't understand.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Ha! Those are plenty low. I am running 2.2 RC4WD baja claws (5.85") so I would be a bit higher than those! Im close to tapping buy it now on ebay for 127$ ouch.....THat is new in box tho......
New is good IMO. No parts to find, broken pieces to fix or modified parts to "discover" that the seller didn't disclose. You could always make a lower offer by contacting the seller.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:10 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
New is good IMO. No parts to find, broken pieces to fix or modified parts to "discover" that the seller didn't disclose. You could always make a lower offer by contacting the seller.
Well Jato, count yourself in on the blame. I pressed buy it now. Merry Christmas to me. I will start a build thread and be sure to blame you a little.

Anyway that was fast, my mind was already 87.5% made up before I started this thread and you pushed me the rest.

Post up more advice fellas, or this could be moved to large scale if a mod thinks its necessary. I don't care either way.

127$!!! I must have sucker written on my forehead. It even has the original price tag on the box of 39.99$
Old 12-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Well Jato, count yourself in on the blame. I pressed buy it now. Merry Christmas to me. I will start a build thread and be sure to blame you a little.

Anyway that was fast, my mind was already 87.5% made up before I started this thread and you pushed me the rest.

Post up more advice fellas, or this could be moved to large scale if a mod thinks its necessary. I don't care either way.

127$!!! I must have sucker written on my forehead. It even has the original price tag on the box of 39.99$
In my defense I told you to negotiate!

I'll anxiously await your build. Maybe you can give me some motivation to start mine.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

I'm blaming you too CreeperBob. "It fell from 10 feet up and looks better than before it fell", he said......

Last edited by Correll; 12-05-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
In my defense I told you to negotiate!

I'll anxiously await your build. Maybe you can give me some motivation to start mine.
There was 21 people watching it. And others were marked higher than that and had bidding wars going. Patience is not always my virtue...
Old 12-05-2017, 02:16 PM   #19

You only live once and it's better to regret things you've done than to regret things you didn't do. I'm sure you'll love it.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:26 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

The wife was cool with it, she understands my nerdiness. She "bought it for me" . Im into WW2 stuff also. I own an M1 garand so I may have to find a "scale" M1 for this little guy.

IT HAS BEGUN....now im a "scaler" i've crossed over.

1/6th Hasbro Jeep Body Durability.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I found another Hasbro 1/6th scale Jeep kgb424 Large Scale Rigs 12 11-04-2017 03:35 PM
Dragon vs. Hasbro Jeep body?? DRW-FJ40 Large Scale Rigs 6 03-08-2012 02:28 PM