Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Any vendor/non vendor make custom length links?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2018, 07:30 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Any vendor/non vendor make custom length links?

I searched and Dlux did. I messaged him with no response. I'm aware he has a gob ton going on so I don't know if Id bother answering about custom length links either. Anyone do it as a vendor or on the side? I'll have mock up lengths to provide, I just don't think I want to do the all thread in tubing route, I'd rather get solid links threaded or drilled and tapped for set screws.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2018, 07:51 AM   #2

Default Re: Any vendor/non vendor make custom length links?

Ross Hinshaw - RH Designs on Facebook
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:57 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

I ran into the same problem for custom links. I have an scx10 ii and turned it into a Wroncho 2. As I call it. I used the scx10 ii skid which created extra length. Here is what i did. I used the Vanquish titanium links with Integy M4 bent rod ends that had a 3mm mounting hole. Vanquishes links are like 80mm to like 125 or 135mm. They are in 5mm increments. The integy rod ends are fairly long so u have room to play and shave if need be. You look up Vanquish titanium links 3/16 x whatever length u need in millimeters. Look at thier site. I am not sure on the part number, but they have a whole section on titanium links. The integy part number is C27398 on Integys site. Probably find links and rod ends on ebay or amazon.

Last edited by Ctrain57; 01-31-2018 at 08:18 AM.
Ctrain57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:04 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

The rear is done with the Vanquish links. Not the front yet. These are drastic angles. If I can make this set up work. You shouldnt have any problem at all mocking up. You see how clean these links look. I have the Axial Rod ends still on which i had to drill out to 4mm to compensate for the threads if these links. I suspect i will start breaking them soon. Realky thin wall after drilling. That us why u should get the integy rod ends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Ctrain57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:22 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

If you want seriously badass links made custom, JEC Racing on FB will usually work with you. Stainless steel and aluminum, and drilled out and/or with frenched ends for Revo rod ends...
I've got a full set with trailing arms and steering links as well.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:27 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Default Any vendor/non vendor make custom length links?

Erik at Dlux will make them, he made my rear links on my Bully, as none were around from RC4WD.
He’s also on FB

Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 01-31-2018 at 10:37 AM.
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:34 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrain57 View Post
I ran into the same problem for custom links. I have an scx10 ii and turned it into a Wroncho 2. As I call it. I used the scx10 ii skid which created extra length. Here is what i did. I used the Vanquish titanium links with Integy M4 bent rod ends that had a 3mm mounting hole. Vanquishes links are like 80mm to like 125 or 135mm. They are in 5mm increments. The integy rod ends are fairly long so u have room to play and shave if need be. You look up Vanquish titanium links 3/16 x whatever length u need in millimeters. Look at thier site. I am not sure on the part number, but they have a whole section on titanium links. The integy part number is C27398 on Integys site. Probably find links and rod ends on ebay or amazon.
The links I need for the front are stupid short. Closest I've been able to find are turnbuckles for a yeti, which may end up being the route I go and using different rod ends to fine tune length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Erik at Flux will make them, he made my rear links on my Bully, as none were around from RC4WD.
He’s also on FB

Hang up and Drive
I assume you meant DLux and I messaged him, haven't heard back in two days, but as I said in the original post, with his transmissions and everything thing else he has going on, If I were him I wouldn't bother with custom length links either, its a bad business decision, so I totally understand his no answering.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:50 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Make them ether out of rod or tube ive used nutserts in titanium tube but i dont know how strong they are i only use them in light low powered rigs you can drill and tap steel rod or use a drill and file and turn down the ends then cut some threads with a die set it dose take a bit of fab skills and can take a enormose amout of time if you dont do stuff like that regulerly in the end with time and materials its cheaper to buy them but making them is rewarding fun and chalanging all at the same time if you have the time

Theres a vender on here that makes axle shafts out of titanium i bet he could cut you some links creeperbob i think i only mension him because no one else has

Last edited by ferp420; 01-31-2018 at 09:53 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:01 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Interested in making your own links? Just use traxxas rod ends with 3/16 all thread.
You'll need to drill out the ends a bit.
Then, once you know your eye-to-eye length, subtract 3/8" from each end for your all thread length. Then with 1/4 brake line, subtract another 3/8 from each side and use that for your brake line length.

Screw on a rod end, slide the brake line over, and screw on the other rod end.

Hope this helps

Last edited by excabswap; 01-31-2018 at 05:04 PM.
excabswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:13 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by excabswap View Post
Interested in making your own links? Just use traxxas rod ends with 3/16 all thread.
You'll need to drill out the ends a bit.
Then, once you know your eye-to-eye length, subtract 3/8" from each end for your all thread length. Then with 1/4 brake line, subtract another 3/8 from each side and use that for your brake line length.

Screw on a rod end, slide the brake line over, and screw on the other rod end.

Hope this helps
This same method is what I have used on many builds. You can use Brass, Aluminum or almost any other tubing for your desired result. They are plenty strong, and work well.

I have made Custom Solid Links as well, but more parts are required for the assembly.
Jam1sstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Any vendor/non vendor make custom length links? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a vendor to make custom 2.2 wheels vodka child Tires and Wheels 2 05-14-2011 03:59 PM
need vendor to make 4 link part 27cameron Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 08-04-2009 05:52 PM
IF...I were to make custom length dog bones? kerrywittig Kyosho Crawlers 6 04-29-2007 02:45 PM