Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 4 link geometry info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #1

Default 4 link geometry info

Hello. I know years ago there was a very in-depth thread on 4 link info. Squat, anti-squat, COG, role rate, etc.

I've been looking for a week or so with no luck and for some reason the search function is not coming up with anything.

Thanks for the help.
CNCToolmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2018, 04:32 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 4 link geometry info

Another 4 Link Thread

Is this the one? First post its a sticky.
351Beno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:49 PM   #3

Yes, I'm an idiot.

I forgot to check the sticky threads. Thank you.
CNCToolmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:06 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I like these videos... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTWZgVx8Y6o&t=531s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzayUxQCWaY

He goes over why you would want more or less anti squat and anti dive, etc and how it affects the vehicles in different scenarios. Using that in conjunction with the thread by Duuuuuuuude should be very beneficial.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:24 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Duuuuuuuude has a good thread on that, I just dug it out a few weeks ago myself.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:01 PM   #6
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Is it me or do all the 4 link threads go in to too much detail for one reading? It takes me too long to find the answer that I am looking for, by the time I finish I have lost my train of thought. I now take notes when possible. Even at my local club events I can never get a simple answer to most of my 4 link tuning questions. ie how do I get more rear traction in this situation or how can I tune it to come down hill better. All I get most of the time is BS. or so much info I cant figure what the real answer was. Sure invaribly someone will say search for it on RCCrawler or in so and so's thread or a group on FB. Sometimes a simple "if you move the front link down in the back it will fix your problem" type answer is all I am looking for. My note taking on 4 links is now almost 25 pages am I am just starting to understand it.....a little. My best go-to is my brother still, he works on a feather light modified race car. Although crawling is not realy his forte he does understand 4 links better than me. So I digress, I still get sucked in to reading most of the 4 link threads I come across. Duuuude's has a lot of good info.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:05 PM   #7
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal View Post
Is it me or do all the 4 link threads go in to too much detail for one reading? It takes me too long to find the answer that I am looking for, by the time I finish I have lost my train of thought.
Perfectly normal.

Suspension tech is complicated, and there really are no simple answers unless something is blatantly out of whack.

Take as many notes as you need and re-read as much as necessary. Don't feel bad if it takes you a while for it all to click. You need patience to do it right.

The best thing to do when tuning is to set a baseline and write it all down. No added weight, reasonable ride height, if you have multiple points of adjustment, aim for the middle ground. Take it for a test run and get a feel for how it drives. Make an adjustment (just one) and see if it gets better. If so, keep it. If not, put it back. Repeat as necessary. Don't be afraid to occasionally make big leaps. It probably won't get you the results you want, but you'll see what the extreme ends of the scale looks like.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote

4 link geometry info - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Link geometry AWraith build Axial SCX10 II 0 12-16-2016 03:23 PM
Link geometry ? ScalerLover General Scale Talk 9 12-01-2010 07:54 PM
Link geometry Douginala Newbie General 2 03-28-2009 04:09 PM
link geometry solomon7 General Crawlers 11 01-10-2009 04:46 AM
4 link geometry Mikekx65 Newbie General 1 06-06-2007 04:30 PM