Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2015, 02:00 PM   #2021

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Recently got back into the hobby, working on a wraith/crawler now and have a redcat ordered for my daughter. Wraith is stock except for relocating the battery, I am looking to upgrade motor and gears soon, probably going with the 35t torquemaster, not sure about gearing yet (any suggestions for a crawler with some wheel spin?). I also started on a course in the backyard lol....BTW how do you post pics/attachments?
4X4FORFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2015, 03:31 PM   #2022
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4FORFUN View Post
Recently got back into the hobby, working on a wraith/crawler now and have a redcat ordered for my daughter. Wraith is stock except for relocating the battery, I am looking to upgrade motor and gears soon, probably going with the 35t torquemaster, not sure about gearing yet (any suggestions for a crawler with some wheel spin?). I also started on a course in the backyard lol....BTW how do you post pics/attachments?
first you have to upload them to an image hosting website like tinypic, Imgur, or photobucket (there are many others). After it's uploaded, you get a direct link url to the photo that ends with .jpg or .png.

then, you wrap it with [img] (image url) [/img] tags and it gets posted as the full image. I would recommend resizing forum pics to be under 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels tall

Last edited by THX_138; 12-23-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:38 PM   #2023
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
first you have to upload them to an image hosting website like tinypic, Imgur, or photobucket (there are many others). After it's uploaded, you get a direct link url to the photo that ends with .jpg or .png.

then, you wrap it with [img] (image url) [/img] tags and it gets posted as the full image. I would recommend resizing forum pics to be under 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels tall.

Or you buy a star and help support the site and can upload an unlimited # of pics and attachments

Last edited by THX_138; 12-23-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:32 PM   #2024
Rock Crawler

Hello everyone, Jim from "the sticks" in MO. I just got around to reg'in and posting here. I've been on the Traxxas forums for some time now and been reading you guys' posts and learning from your builds for a while, but only recently got my rig "scaled" enough to chime in.
I've been an RC tinkerer for decades, my first car was an Associated RC12A (ceramic speed control, NO brakes or reverse, stick radio) in the late '70s. Then I bought a Midnight Pumpkin in the '80s (that survived to top my current mini Summit crawler), and after years in between (marriage, divorce, yatta .. yatta) I got a Revo 2.5R about 6 years ago and the bug bit me again. It's still on a shelf, and has LOTS of siblings now.
Looking forward to sharin' and learnin' with everybody here.
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:28 AM   #2025

I'm John, new to the crawler scene, it's awesome. hope to get a rig done
in time for axialfest next month, it looks like an awesome event.
jimisonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:31 AM   #2026
Rock Stacker

Give us the general info:
Who you are?
What kind of rig you have?
Where you live?

My name is Don, I currently have a ERevo brushless that is a blast however, I'm more of a crawler kinda guy so I'll be building a custom rig. Have lots of research to do but I think it'll be fun and interesting. I'm located at Dyess, AFB in Texas. I've been in the AF for almost 15yrs now. Only 5 to go and I can retire haha. I used to build 1:1 crawlers and mudders and I've also drag raced too. Those sports have just gotten way to expensive for me and so I'm downsizing to RC's. Still a blast to build and fun to go out and play and test them to the limits. Hoping to find some other crawlers in my area to get in with.

I'm sure I'll have questions along the way and ready to learn about the world of RC Crawlers. Already have a pretty good idea the direction I want to go with my build and hoping some of the electronics will swap over from my ERevo or I may end up selling it and using the funds to do the custom crawler build move along faster. Guess we'll see what happens.

Anyways, glad to be here.
CrazyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:59 PM   #2027

Hi my name is Jim from Riverside Cal. and I may be new here, but I don't consider myself a newbie. I retired out of the Air Force at March ARB after 25 years as a machinist/ welder/ sheet metal/ painting/ fiberglasser of aircraft. I started in this life choice in 1997 when I got out of shooting models for a local photography magazine, and picked up two remote controlled tanks for my four year old son and myself to do that was in common.

I ended up serving as an photojournalist for "TRCZ" before Greg shut that forum down to pursue a collage degree in broadcasting. I've been to every RCX sense 2005 where we were producing a live feed from the show, that RCX used as well. I took shots and posted them on the forum right from the show, and I ran the camera while Greg did the interviews. I've been invited to every Readers choice award dinners up until they cancelled it this year, and met all the founders, owners, and representatives of all the RC companies at the show.

I produced a titanium mini-T chassis extended to 1/12 scale for Shawn Palmer who at that time was working in R&D for Castle Creations, he used it for speed runs, and achieved an unofficial record of 113mph with it. I picked up the name from this incidence. I also manufactured aluminum race chassis for Team CRP for the Tamiya Sand Scorcher, he sold them under the Team CRP name.

Now I'm into Crawlers, I have a Tamiya CR01, CC01, and a Axial SCX10 Dingo, but I'd like to get the Vaterra Ascender. All total I have around 40 hobby grade RC's, most vintage, but I looking to produce my own line of RC's...someday, once I get a 3D printer.

Last edited by titaniumxrc; 06-19-2015 at 10:01 PM.
titaniumxrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #2028

Hi, im Jason. Im located in Louisville, ky. I have a gmade r1 running a novak goat with a 27t axial motor. I also have a maxstone 10 with relocated links running a rc4wd 35t motor and rooster esc. I also have a kyosho hurricane catamaran boat.
jasoninarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:27 AM   #2029

I get everyone's frustration with we newbies. We just don't know what were doing. Which is why I deleted my thread to say hello, it really is pointless to start a thread to say hi. Anyway I think this is a great forum with gobs of info. I'm glad to know some of you don't mind helping the weak. I'll apologize in advance for being an idiot. Having said that my name is Dan, I live just north of San Francisco, and I just bought a wraith rock racer.
I formerly owned a rc 10 and 10L, way back.

Last edited by Dirt Diggler; 06-24-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Dirt Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:27 PM   #2030

Hello all ,my name is Ryan Im from Indiana. I have been in and out of this hobby for many years . Picked up a Axial yeti , and wound up browsing this forum , Lots of great info here ! Hopefully i can contribute some info and help out too .
rdtracing94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:20 PM   #2031

Give us the general info:
Who you are?
What kind of rig you have?
Where you live?

Hey all, I'm Ben, living in the Chicago suburbs. Currently I'm running a brushless E-Revo and a 4x4 Slash. I've been interested in getting a crawler for my next rc vehicle. Also, debating building one so reading up on everyone's build threads. Probably leaning towards a comp crawler over a scale, since I like capability over aesthetics. When all is said and done I'll probably end up with an AX10, any suggestions on a particular kit?
BennyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:47 AM   #2032

My real name is Jason, I took the name Green Meanie after not only the name I gave to my Rig because of its colour, but also Green Meanie is a name Steve Vai gave to one of his old Guitars.

My Rig is a Tamiya CR-01 with Landcruiser 40 body in, you guessed it, Lime Green Colour.

I'm from Sydney Australia which is why this page doesn't recognize a lot of my spelling such as colour.

P.S: Yes apparently our toilets and sinks do flush backwards and no I don't ride a Kangaroo to work.

Oh and Yes Wolf Creek is actually a real place in Australia but its spelt Wolfe Creek

Green Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 02:56 AM   #2033

Hello, I'm Anthony I live in Hughesville pa. I have 2 rcr everest 16s one is a custom build in progress a 1:10 tamayia stadium truck and a grasshopper which doesnt run anymore
89zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:31 PM   #2034

First time posting, been lurking for a few weeks.

I'm Zach, live in the Adirondacks in the Lake George region of New York.

I recently got interested in crawling, so I joined up here (bought my star) and started searching the classifieds. Grabbed a SCX10 G6 that someone was selling. I have a 1:1 YJ so I wanted to go that direction with this and years ago I had a Tamiya CC01 so I went digging around at my parents house and found the body. It does not line up great, but I comp cut the rear and got rid of the front bumper and it works ok for now. I will be changing a lot very soon. Here is what it looks like now:

ZACHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:52 AM   #2035

Name is lando, live near palm springs have a few rigs, one is vaterra ascender with bronco body, second is scx10 deadbolt, and third is a custom build with newbright jk body.
lando450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:25 PM   #2036
Quarry Creeper

i'm jim and i'm an addicted noob
canton ohio
i have a gmade r1 bought used dont know much other than its to fast doesnt steer sharp enough keeps rolling when i let off throttle and takes several trys to switch from forward to reverse.
also bought a rtr scx 10dead bolt awsome but tires a little to small and dont like body would rather it be a cage
now looking for a mix of the 2 :-)
jamesthe1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:39 PM   #2037
I wanna be Dave

Welcome.
There is loads of information about your g1 and ax10 in the forums. Try charging you pinion to a smaller one that will drop the speed a bit if that doesn't help try a 27 to 35 turn motor from Holmes hobbies.
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 05:24 AM   #2038
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapon boy View Post
Welcome.
There is loads of information about your g1 and ax10 in the forums. Try charging you pinion to a smaller one that will drop the speed a bit if that doesn't help try a 27 to 35 turn motor from Holmes hobbies.

I have been reading and reading i bought a 55 turn motor and new servo but had to order esc with drag brake so when it arrives i will be tearing r1 down.deadbolt is hanging in there i have started building a course in pole building finished hanging articulating swinging bridge 2 ft from ceiling and have tossed up several ramps to 'switchback'' up existing shelves to work to top of refrigerator to get to said bridge .this is getting addicting.... i have aorder another r1 (from technicalla on ebay) and also the highly debated ($165)redcat with 4 wheel steering just to check it out... will work on learning pics when not so excited with cars or track and when not reading your forums trying to learn it all
jamesthe1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:03 AM   #2039

Hi All,

My names Dan and im from New Zealand. I have been a long time lurker on the forum here. Figured it was about time I started posting.

I've currently got a scx10 Jeep JK with a few added bits, and a Yeti. Got a few others too, King Hauler, Sakura D3CS, E-Revo Brushless, and just purchased a wee helicopter for something else to add to my collection.

Look forward to learning more and getting more inspiration from the forums.
Cheers
DanNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:32 PM   #2040

What's up guys! North east mo here. Been tinkering and breaking my wraith and scx10 for almost a year now. Damn money pits but God its fun!
Munkycrack is offline   Reply With Quote