https://www.amainhobbies.com/vanquis...s09001/p767613

So, has anyone pre order now?
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2018, 09:54 AM   #22
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: New TRUCK??? Vanquish!!!!

I pre-ordered the VS4-10 last week.

I got the chance to see two of these awesome rigs in person at the Team KNK TTC 5 comp. This truck is beautiful! I was amazed at how well it crawled the courses being it was a stock-out-of-the-box truck.

Can't wait to get mine!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:18 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Do want! Plastic wheels are kind of a buzzkill, though.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:22 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Default New TRUCK??? Vanquish!!!!

Follow up post .
I’ve just reread this and wanted the facts out.
This new truck sets a new bar for quality. When I’ve built all the others, never was the plastic great.... VP hits a homer ! Then the lexan, even better than the plastic , no waves, even thickness, laser cut..... perfect, topped off with the best paint film I’ve ever had! Then another area that VP wasn’t in, the tires !!!! Wow, great looks and gummy!
The buzzkill is the wheels and hubs..... all plastic MEH.......
I thought VP was known for great wheels...... a coupon for $100.00 off any VP wheel makes more sense !
Everything fits, great value. My impression ?
GRAND SLAM HOMERUN !!!!!

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:30 AM   #25
Im Brandon

I like the yellow headlights
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:40 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I like the yellow headlights

Thanks !
It was so easy, I’ve always used candy yellow for my basher cockpits, so when I saw clear covers, I was stoked, and had seen another that looked great!
I also am adding this to the rear windows tonight...

Hang up and Drive
Old 07-30-2018, 01:14 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Follow up post .
I’ve just reread this and wanted the facts out.
This new truck sets a new bar for quality. When I’ve built all the others, never was the plastic great.... VP hits a homer ! Then the lexan, even better than the plastic , no waves, even thickness, laser cut..... perfect, topped off with the best paint film I’ve ever had! Then another area that VP wasn’t in, the tires !!!! Wow, great looks and gummy!
The buzzkill is the wheels and hubs..... all plastic MEH.......
I thought VP was known for great wheels...... a coupon for $100.00 off any VP wheel makes more sense !
Everything fits, great value. My impression ?
GRAND SLAM HOMERUN !!!!!

Hang up and Drive
Damn that is sexy, Mike! I love the color scheme inside and out. I even really like you did with the buzzkill wheels.

In terms of plastic quality, have you built a Vaterra or TRX-4? They have great plastics quality and I'm wondering how they compare to this truck since you said this is the new standard. That's a bolt claim in the plastic's department.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:02 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

I've owned all three and would say that VP's plastics are right up there with Traxxas'.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:20 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Default New TRUCK??? Vanquish!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Damn that is sexy, Mike! I love the color scheme inside and out. I even really like you did with the buzzkill wheels.

In terms of plastic quality, have you built a Vaterra or TRX-4? They have great plastics quality and I'm wondering how they compare to this truck since you said this is the new standard. That's a bolt claim in the plastic's department.

No to both. But I’ve built Axial, Associated, ProLine, Tamiya ,Traxxas , Vanquish .

Quite bold, and truthful. I own some VP parts and was always pleased with the quality, although pricy.
When I decided to pop and build this I was not ready for the quality ..... everywhere !
My big bitch might be poor instructions for assembly, but such great artwork it’s hard to mess it up.
What floored me was VP never 1) molded plastics. 2) VP never did lexan. 3) VP never molded a tire.
How did they do it so well the first time while others struggle year after year?
I suspect good design, engineering, and some of the best Customer Support around. My replacement bearing supports arrived from CA by priority mail today.

.... note VP packaging, no part number!
Big shout out to Michael at VP !

Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 07-30-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 02:41 PM   #30
Gold Star Baby!

Their support is amazing. I wasn’t expecting my replacement carriers till today, but they were delivered on Saturday. 48 hours from my email. Being in Las Vegas helps, but that’s still impressive either way.

I also asked for an extra hex grub screw and received a handful with the carriers. Very happy with the whole interaction. Michael does a great job.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:37 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Well kudos to VP!
DROPPED the new retainers and gears in, bingo! Buttery smooth!!
So of course wheels were put on, did I mention the wheels are the buzzkill ??
Well they are crap, but simple venting of the tires made a difference, I’ve got some SSD steelies coming Friday.

Hang up and Drive
Old 07-31-2018, 12:02 PM   #32

Quote:
No to both. But I’ve built Axial, Associated, ProLine, Tamiya ,Traxxas , Vanquish .

Quite bold, and truthful. I own some VP parts and was always pleased with the quality, although pricy.
When I decided to pop and build this I was not ready for the quality ..... everywhere !
My big bitch might be poor instructions for assembly, but such great artwork it’s hard to mess it up.
What floored me was VP never 1) molded plastics. 2) VP never did lexan. 3) VP never molded a tire.
How did they do it so well the first time while others struggle year after year?
I suspect good design, engineering, and some of the best Customer Support around. My replacement bearing supports arrived from CA by priority mail today.

note VP packaging, no part number!
Big shout out to Michael at VP !

Hang up and Drive
Bold claims, but I'll take your word for it.

VP does have top notch customer service.

I'm guessing a vendor, not VP themselves, did the molding. If that's the case them I'm sure they chose somebody with a good track record. Getting the plastic blend right is more difficult than the actual molding though. I'll be interesting to see how their plastics hold up to the abuse.

Quote:
Well kudos to VP!
DROPPED the new retainers and gears in, bingo! Buttery smooth!!
So of course wheels were put on, did I mention the wheels are the buzzkill ??
Well they are crap, but simple venting of the tires made a difference, I’ve got some SSD steelies coming Friday.

Hang up and Drive
Man, that thing is so hideous that if you need a poor sucker to take it off your hands I'd be willing to drive down to FL to do so... Honestly though, it's pretty perfect. I just love the colors you chose! That first scratch would nearly bring a tear to my eyes. Nice work!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:25 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Bold claims, but I'll take your word for it.

VP does have top notch customer service.

I'm guessing a vendor, not VP themselves, did the molding. If that's the case them I'm sure they chose somebody with a good track record. Getting the plastic blend right is more difficult than the actual molding though. I'll be interesting to see how their plastics hold up to the abuse.

Man, that thing is so hideous that if you need a poor sucker to take it off your hands I'd be willing to drive down to FL to do so... Honestly though, it's pretty perfect. I just love the colors you chose! That first scratch would nearly bring a tear to my eyes. Nice work!
I agree VP found someone to do it their way and followed up with QC here.
The crying scratch will be scars on the front axle. The body is tough, I shot Tamiya paint this time, it has always stuck well before, so im hoping. Im tinting the windows tonight, and then start ESC install
Old 07-31-2018, 03:46 PM   #34
Gold Star Baby!

Nice mike!

I’m about to start the rest of the electronics install once the paint on the fenders cures. Body work next and then soon to be crawling time!

The VP plastic does seem ace so far. Holding the threads of hex screws very snuggly. Servo mount seems to be quality made and up to task as well. Now that I’m getting my hands on the body more I’m very impressed by the lexan. Thick and sturdy with clean cuts from the friggin lasers.
Attached Images

Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 04:57 PM   #35
RCC Addict

that Tacoma though
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

New TRUCK??? Vanquish!!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can we get a mega truck - mud truck - monster truck section? Calderwood Comments, Suggestions, and Help 46 08-07-2015 11:15 AM
vanquish wraith link on ar60 axle with vanquish xr10 knuckles? T3rry Axial AX10 2nd-gen 2 04-28-2013 06:11 PM
Will vanquish Ackerman knuckles make my truck steer tighter? blue bronco Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1 08-09-2009 01:09 PM
Will Vanquish Axial High Steer Steering Knuckles make my truck steer tighter? blue bronco Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 08-09-2009 12:30 AM