RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   Kids frozen power wheel motor (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/599555-kids-frozen-power-wheel-motor.html)

Darrell 06-12-2018 04:11 PM

Kids frozen power wheel motor

This is probably a stupid question. I have my daughters frozen power wheel Jeep. But the replacement battery is so expensive, and some broken wires/steering. Both motors are in good working condition, so I was wondering if I can use the motor for my trx4 or other rc trucks. Not really sure if it’s going to work?

MasteroFlego 06-12-2018 04:15 PM

Re: Kids frozen power wheel motor

Someone has already put hobby grade equipment in one, search it on youtube.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Frank211 06-12-2018 05:19 PM

John Holmes put a 550 in one i think ? I might be wrong tho.....

EDIT.... Sorry seen it on FB that HH shared
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...24730340893350

Brake Weight 06-12-2018 06:26 PM

You should be able to use the motor in anything it fits in. But I believe it’s a 12v motor. Should work on 2s or 3s.

MasteroFlego 06-12-2018 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brake Weight (Post 5841403)
You should be able to use the motor in anything it fits in. But I believe it’s a 12v motor. Should work on 2s or 3s.

He meant use the motor from his TRX-4 in the power wheels, I think

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

durok 06-12-2018 08:27 PM

The thread title and the contents of the post contradict each other.

Title makes it sound like the motor in the power wheel is broken (frozen?), but body of post states both motors are working, and the battery needs replacing and there are other broken components.

I'd take this sentence - "if I can use the motor for my trx4 or other rc trucks" as meaning that the motors from the power wheel are fine, and that he'd like to use them in an R/C vehicle.

So, to the OP - If you can bolt it up, mount a pinion that works to the shaft, and supply it the proper amount of power - go for it! "thumbsup"

allanon1965 06-12-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durok (Post 5841436)
The thread title and the contents of the post contradict each other.

Title makes it sound like the motor in the power wheel is broken (frozen?), but body of post states both motors are working, and the battery needs replacing and there are other broken components.

I'd take this sentence - "if I can use the motor for my trx4 or other rc trucks" as meaning that the motors from the power wheel are fine, and that he'd like to use them in an R/C vehicle.

So, to the OP - If you can bolt it up, mount a pinion that works to the shaft, and supply it the proper amount of power - go for it! "thumbsup"

its probably a "Frozen" themed jeep from the animated movie "Frozen" thats my take on it

durok 06-12-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allanon1965 (Post 5841441)
its probably a "Frozen" themed jeep from the animated movie "Frozen" thats my take on it

No way!

I would have NEVER figured that out - great catch!

:lmao:

durok 06-12-2018 11:02 PM

Personally, I think the next step is to get a powerplant from Kershaw Designs and some ATV tires, time to build a completely unique 1/3rd scale rock crawler:

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/799...0&odnBg=FFFFFF

allanon1965 06-13-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durok (Post 5841457)
No way!

I would have NEVER figured that out - great catch!

:lmao:

Lol! I am a wealth of useless trivia.."thumbsup"

AnimalHippie 06-13-2018 10:12 AM

I have been modifying power wheels for just over a year. The motors are Damn near the same. I have seen allot of them with titan 550 motors, traxxas ,dewalt motors & others. From what I understand they're the same just have to know the specs on the motor before install. Good luck! Keep us posted

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Jboucher 06-13-2018 12:15 PM

Time to get a 550 21T motor in my kid's Paw Patrol quad and run on 3s!
[emoji106]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

AnimalHippie 06-13-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jboucher (Post 5841668)
[emoji106]

No bro you get 750 motors & run at 24v with a esc some guys getting 13mph out of their power wheels. I'm working on a frame design to make my daughter's defender independent suspension, 4x4 & 24v :) I wanna make it crawl :mrgreen:

Steve g 06-13-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jboucher (Post 5841668)
[emoji106]

I'm assuming it's those mini quads for like 50 bucks at Wal-Mart? My son has the mator one. I put a 27t axial 540 in it, ran it on 3s. If you actually plan on doing this, you'd need a variable speed control and rig it in. I haven't, and it's too much at once when he takes off. I am using 7 cell nimh packs now, still a little head jerk on take off, but usable.
As for the 550s in power wheels, last year I stumbled upon a power wheels forum and those guys race them with the 550s on 24v. Pretty cool wish I lived near them so I could get my son into it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Jboucher 06-13-2018 04:16 PM

You mean put an ESC in it?
What is it going to do? The throttle switch is just on or off so it's still going to be 0 or 12v

Steve g 06-13-2018 04:26 PM

No like a rotary knob that'll change the voltage. My plan was (still might do it) to use the trigger mechanism from a cordless drill in place of the push button. I have a quite a few lying around. I found a nice rotary dc speed controller that I wanted to try out and make like a motor cycle style throttle control. I would leave a link to eBay if I knew how...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

AnimalHippie 06-13-2018 04:36 PM

I have a drill motor & trigger I'll send you if you want. It's dewalt or ryobi. Or find one local someone is throwing away. Most of the time they just didn't want to buy batteries.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Darrell 06-13-2018 07:57 PM

Hello, thanks for all the response, and sorry about the confusion (question). I have broken power wheel Jeep that belong to my daughter, and has a a lot of broken parts. So it’s no used fixing it. But the motors are good working condition. So yesterday, I was thinking if the motor can work on my trx4 crawler. Today I was able to removed both motors from power wheel, and it’s the same size as the stocked trx4 motor. Any help would be appreciated.

Jboucher 06-13-2018 08:02 PM

It's a 550 size motor but the number of turns is unknown from power wheels.

It seems slower than a Traxxas Titan 550 21T, i guess they are close to 27T?

I wouldn't use it when you can get a Holmes Hobbies trailmaster sport 550 21T for 20$ and it's designed for crawling.

Brake Weight 06-13-2018 08:39 PM

You may as well save them for use in a pinch while waiting on something to get shipped.