Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: I can’t decide on my new ride

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2018, 01:27 AM   #1
JMD

Default I can’t decide on my new ride

I am currently enjoying my ECX Barrage 1.9 kit, and my Redcat Gen 7 Sport. Besides a new Proline C-10 or Rapor body I think I’m done with the Barrage. After aluminum high steer knuckles, chubs, and cva’s the Gen 7 is doin well. My question is, what’s next ? I already want another truck lol. I need help deciding please ! My choices so far are the Axial Wraith kit, the Gmade GOM, the Cross RC Demon “ B model, lexan body “, the Traxxas TRX4 Sport, or an Axial SCX10 2 Deadbolt. I realize that the first two choices are racers, and the rest are scalers. Please help guys !
JMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2018, 02:04 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: I can’t decide on my new ride

Similar position as you so my next is going to be a Bomber so I can crawl and have some speed if needed

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:24 AM   #3
JMD

Very nice ! Bacially I can’t seem to decide if I need to get another scaler or move up to a rock racer. I’m having fun at scaler speed, but sometimes....you know. Lol I want an SCX10 2 variant, probably the kit version or Deadbolt unless someone can convince me that another truck just needs to be seriously looked at. If I go with a racer then it’s the Wraith Spawn kit version, but that GOM looks promising. Still hoping someone has something amazing to ad. Thanks
Old 07-18-2018, 02:27 AM   #4
JMD

I can’t stop looking at the TRX4 Sport, and think it might be worthy of bumping up to the top of my scaler list. HELP !
Old 07-18-2018, 06:16 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Don't think you'll regret that purchase

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:39 AM   #6

The TRX4 looks sweet, although I'm partial to the Bronco body and the whiz/bang features of the locking/unlocking diffs & transfer case. I can see one in my stable pretty soon.

That said, my first non-basher truck was my Bomber, and it's still my favorite. It can out crawl all of my other trucks and it can go faster too. It seems to do everything. If I wasn't such an addict, I could have just stopped after that truck.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:45 AM   #7

Narrow it down first.

Do you want a 1.9 or 2.2 rig?
Do you want a slow crawler, a trail rig that can do both, or a rock racer?

The TRX-4 is awesome. I have the Bronco version with all of the features, but a Sport looks awesome as well. I'm pretty confident you won't regret purchasing the TRX-4 in any flavor.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:00 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

TRX-4 is a fantastic do most everything great rig from trailing to crawling - that said a rock racer type is also very fun and would make a neat addition to your stable, I quite like my wraith and RR10 bomber.
alexleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:25 AM   #9
JMD

SCX10 2, Asender, Bom, Demon, TRX4, what’s your choice if you didn’t own any of these and why. I’d like as many different opinions as possible please and thank you.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:31 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Must.... own.... all...
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:37 AM   #11
JMD

Thanks for the thumbs up opinion on the TRX4 ! Much appreciated, as the Sport looks so good as an option for me. Performance and price are decent. I’m not going to purchase every single aluminum aftermarket part available just for looks, I prefer replacing only weak parts as they break, or as a performance or durability upgrade. It seems that all or most of the choices here could use some kind of upgrading, just trying to figure out which trucks are more durable and capable out of the box, and which ones need a bunch of parts and mods to preform up to the level of the top performers. Thank again
Old 07-21-2018, 01:55 AM   #12
JMD

I have a Barrage Gen 2, and a Redcat Gen 7, and have decided to get one more trail/scaler before I purchase a rock racer. So any help pointing me in the best direction will be appreciated. I lean more towards the capability/performance over super accurate scale appearance. For instance, if I choose an SCX10 2 I would probably perfer a Deadbolt or Honcho over the Cherokee or even the new 69 Chevy. They are cool, especially the 69, but the bumpers and bodies make them less capable. Look awesome though, I do like the scale details as long as performance doesn’t suffer. Just my opinion so far, as I’m still learning.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:01 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

I only have a Wraith (not counting go fast RCs) and it's at a point where it's no fun anymore. It goes anywhere unless it gets high centered and then a blip of the throttle gets it free.

That's why I'm getting a 1.9 or smaller rig next, to make driving more challenging and/or fun on regular trails and backyard obstacles.

My 1.7 eurocents.

Edit: the TRX4 is out of the equation for me because it's too capable out of the box! With a light body the damn thing can follow a Wraith around.

Last edited by Ninomaniac; 07-21-2018 at 02:06 AM.
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:13 AM   #14
JMD

Which platform is the most capable out of the box ? Which platform can become the most capable after spending some cash on parts ? Not sure if there’s a clear answer, or if opinions and favorite brands play a role ? Let me know. I’m easy on my trucks, and figured that if I want to bash then I’d get a basher. And when I’m ready to do something in between crawling and bashing, I’ll get a Gom,Wraith, or Bomber. Then a Yeti for IFS lol. Damn RC bug !
Old 07-21-2018, 02:25 AM   #15
JMD

So you like the Wraith, but it’s too capable. More of a realistic scale challenge is what you want. The TRX4 is not for you. Maybe a Trail Finder 2 would be it for you. I actually like both my Barrage and Gen 7 as a less expensive alternative. Even with RC4WD 3.6 Mud Slingers the Barrage is very capable. I think the Gen 7 Sport is a better value, but the short wheelbase of the Barrage makes it really fun to run with the big boys and almost keep up.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:31 AM   #16
JMD

Looks like two votes for the TRX4 Sport so far ! At least for what I’m looking for. Performance ! Need some opinions and more insight on the other vehicles before I can drive to my LHS and order my next perfect for me rig. Thanks
Old 07-21-2018, 02:35 AM   #17
JMD

I’m really hung up on the new Gmade Bom, and Cross RC Demon “ B version “, and realize I have to be patient if I’m to consider either of them. So new, and the Bom is on pre order status I think.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:42 AM   #18
JMD

Looks like the Demon is very capable and is got some great features, but it’s the Gmade Bom that’s got me intrigued. Those axles look amazing, and also has great features. The transmissions both spin the drive shafts opposite direction to help torque twist. I not sure if this is something new, or if Axial and the others utilize this also ?
Old 07-21-2018, 02:46 AM   #19
JMD

I don’t believe so, because I’ve watched and read about the Vaterra’s supposed torque twist, and that it’s not a problem for Axial because of the gear reduction of the new SCX102 axles.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:57 AM   #20
JMD

Then again, I don’t fully understand what I’m talking about, so educate me if I’m wrong please.

I can’t decide on my new ride - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Hauler - How Does Your Ride Ride? Tralfaz Blecht General Crawlers 15 03-21-2018 10:39 AM
cant decide jackass Newbie General 0 11-28-2010 09:34 AM
cannot decide..... jetbuilder Team Losi Comp Crawler 34 01-12-2010 08:29 AM