Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What’s the verdict on Cross rc?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2018, 02:06 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default What’s the verdict on Cross rc?

I really like the look of the multi axle Cross rc rigs. They seem to be quite pricey, but the kits look like they are fun builds. What’s the quality of like, and are they worth the money. Wich of the Cross kit’s do you recommend and why?
Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2018, 02:12 AM   #2
JMD

Default Re: What’s the verdict on Cross rc?

I’m really interested in finding more out about the Demon. I was thinking the lexan body “B” version might be right for me.
JMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:28 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I also would like to know how good is the quality on cross rc. I like the new coming soon SP4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:30 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Subscribed. Cross RC's seem a little quirky in some ways, but I'm definitely intrigued by them. I like how many different flavors of the Demon are available, it's like picking from different trim levels on a real truck.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:34 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like they are trying to be another RC4WD. Lets hope their quality is up a couple of notches from RC4WD.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:05 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I love the look of the HC4 and GC4 but I really wish they were bigger.

If I'm going to build a big, old military style truck, I don't want something only slightly larger than a TF2.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:11 AM   #7

By all accounts CrossRC's quality is higher than RC4WD. Unlike RC4WD they make running improvements to their vehicles. So if there are issues with the CrossRC kits they fix them rather than continuing to sell defective kits like RC4WD.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:01 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
By all accounts CrossRC's quality is higher than RC4WD. Unlike RC4WD they make running improvements to their vehicles. So if there are issues with the CrossRC kits they fix them rather than continuing to sell defective kits like RC4WD.
So, we shouldn't expect a 30-page thread from Cross RC about all of the mods and upgrade parts you have to do and get to make their $500 kits (before electronics) to actually perform like $500 kits?
Old 07-18-2018, 10:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
So, we shouldn't expect a 30-page thread from Cross RC about all of the mods and upgrade parts you have to do and get to make their $500 kits (before electronics) to actually perform like $500 kits?
probably not!

But as long as people keep overpaying for RC4WD kits they have no reason to change or update them. People blindly support RC4WD and their flaws. Heck, go look at my Turd Finder 2 build thread. You'll see I was called a complainer for voicing the issues with my kit. That's called being a blind fanboi or getting free crap from said company.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:44 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
probably not!

But as long as people keep overpaying for RC4WD kits they have no reason to change or update them. People blindly support RC4WD and their flaws. Heck, go look at my Turd Finder 2 build thread. You'll see I was called a complainer for voicing the issues with my kit. That's called being a blind fanboi or getting free crap from said company.
I tried two builds, and was happy with neither. They looked like a $500 kit, but performed like a $50 kit. The last one the body did not fit correctly on the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
I really like the look of the multi axle Cross rc rigs. They seem to be quite pricey, but the kits look like they are fun builds. What’s the quality of like, and are they worth the money. Wich of the Cross kit’s do you recommend and why?
REALLY like the look of their multi-axle rigs. I just wish they were 1/14 scale, that would make them to the same scale as the Tamiya semi-trucks and trailers.
Old 04-23-2020, 12:19 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Resurrecting a dinosaur here, but since was the most relevant search result forum specific to the topic I thought it appropriate to post here.

I ordered a Cross RC PG-4L Dually Longbed truck kit last night. I've been curious about Cross for quite a while and have liked this one as long, so I pulled the trigger. I haven't read or seen a whole lot about the truck, or the brand for that matter, so I decided to shoot a note to CrossRC-US about 1:30 am asking about customer support and parts availability.

Bob himself sent a reply less than half an hour after they opened this morning. I doubt he'd mind me quoting here"

We stock almost everything Cross makes including parts which comes from almost 5 years of sales experience with the Cross brand and 30 years (just me) of RC retail experience. HRP distributing is our partner in distribution.

The fast response and assurance of parts support were worthy of a warm fuzzy.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:27 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I know CrossRC CS is pretty good, but their shipping/distribution takes forever. I ordered a HobbyPlus CR18 from them last month, when it said they were in stock, but I got an email the next day saying it actually wasn't in stock. I figured it wouldn't take that long for them to restock so I kept my order in, but 3+ weeks later I still don't have an update on when they'll be getting another shipment in.

I'm being patient because they were super responsive and helpful with my order, and I got it for a steal (IMO) but I'm getting impatient because I want to start crawling indoors.
Raguvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 01:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Resurrecting a dinosaur here, but since was the most relevant search result forum specific to the topic I thought it appropriate to post here.

I ordered a Cross RC PG-4L Dually Longbed truck kit last night. I've been curious about Cross for quite a while and have liked this one as long, so I pulled the trigger. I haven't read or seen a whole lot about the truck, or the brand for that matter, so I decided to shoot a note to CrossRC-US about 1:30 am asking about customer support and parts availability.

Bob himself sent a reply less than half an hour after they opened this morning. I doubt he'd mind me quoting here"

We stock almost everything Cross makes including parts which comes from almost 5 years of sales experience with the Cross brand and 30 years (just me) of RC retail experience. HRP distributing is our partner in distribution.

The fast response and assurance of parts support were worthy of a warm fuzzy.
Bob, or Robert, is a great guy. When I wanted my Rock Rey kit, he put me in touch with a competitor that had it. And one of my friends deals with him for CrossRC stuff. Along with owning that website, he also owns two HobbyTown USA stores so you are, in a sense, supporting a local hobby shop.
Old 04-23-2020, 02:20 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
I know CrossRC CS is pretty good, but their shipping/distribution takes forever. I ordered a HobbyPlus CR18 from them last month, when it said they were in stock, but I got an email the next day saying it actually wasn't in stock. I figured it wouldn't take that long for them to restock so I kept my order in, but 3+ weeks later I still don't have an update on when they'll be getting another shipment in.

I'm being patient because they were super responsive and helpful with my order, and I got it for a steal (IMO) but I'm getting impatient because I want to start crawling indoors.
I ordered mine off ebay from one of my usual stores so I'm sure I'll fare better!

Quote:
Bob, or Robert, is a great guy. When I wanted my Rock Rey kit, he put me in touch with a competitor that had it. And one of my friends deals with him for CrossRC stuff. Along with owning that website, he also owns two HobbyTown USA stores so you are, in a sense, supporting a local hobby shop.
Well, that's cool! Thanks for sharing that.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote

What’s the verdict on Cross rc? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Verdict on Holmes Hobbies HV500 Servo? Drm31078 Axial RR10 Bomber 5 05-09-2016 10:36 AM
Just run my first battery through a new SCX10 TR - VERDICT! RcRecon General Crawlers 0 03-14-2010 05:50 AM
whats the verdict on the j-concepts rock tires ? ROCKCAD Tires and Wheels 2 02-17-2009 05:01 PM
The final verdict??? msd44 Tires and Wheels 16 03-24-2008 07:34 PM
Verdict on Swamp Dogs... rcguy Tires and Wheels 9 06-23-2005 08:20 PM