Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Zero Traxxas support in Indonesia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2018, 03:44 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs down Zero Traxxas support in Indonesia

I tried to order two Traxxas TRX-4 spools from RCmart but they aren't allowed to ship to Indonesia. Buying from eBay is not an option for Traxxas parts as the shipping costs are double the parts prices and even more in some cases and then I have to wait a two weeks before receiving it. I had already tried, unsuccessfully, to buy from a selection of Indonesian hobby shops but nobody was interested in ordering the parts for me.

After contacting Traxxas US I can see why. The local "dealer", Penn Mart, is based in Malaysia and the email that Traxxas provided is a Hotmail address.
I found their web site and they have lots of cheap Chinese toy RC cars but a search for Traxxas gave no results which is kinda strange for the "official Traxxas dealer".

I emailed them at the address provided by Traxxas and got no reply. To say that I am disgusted that Traxxas is protecting a dealer like this at the expense of their customers is an understatement.

I like my TRX-4 and have spent a lot of money on improving it with aftermarket parts but an RC vehicle without any available spares is not exactly a future proof investment. I'll be able to keep this thing running for a while but I don't like the idea of having to nurse it in case I break something that is only available from Traxxas.

Looks like Traxxas wants me to buy Axial.

Last edited by bbrigg; 07-18-2018 at 10:41 AM.
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2018, 04:15 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Zero Traxxas support in Indonesia

Have you try to order from Singapore? There should be a Traxxas distributor there.
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:45 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Have you try to order from Singapore? There should be a Traxxas distributor there.
The trouble is the way that Traxxas divides up territories. RCmart can't sell to Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia and lots more countries. Their site shows Penn Mart and NTC as their dealers for Singapore. I can't find anything Traxxas on the NTC web site either. No wonder you can't get spare parts here in Indonesia. The Traxxas dealer apparently doesn't sell Traxxas.

Having been prevented by Traxxas rules from purchasing the items I wanted, then contacted Traxxas and then getting no response from the "dealer" they provided I am pretty well done with the company.

Thanks so much for my US$680 (in Indonesia) piece of junk, Traxxas.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:25 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Have you tried finding aftermarket spools from AsiaTees or RCMart?

(side note, when I was a elementary school kid, I lived in Jakarta - back in the '70s)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:04 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

RCmart has them but Traxxas will not allow them to be shipped to Indonesia. Same applies to any Traxxas branded parts or vehicles.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:20 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Sorry - I meant aftermarket, as in mfg by another brand - however, during a quick search that I did myself I didn't see anything...

I'd look for an aftermarket manufacturer (other than Traxxas) that offers international shipping.

Check into shipping from these two manufacturers:

https://supershafty.com/products/bom...-traxxas-spool

https://store.leadingedgemachining.n...-p/lem-306.htm

(I just emailed SuperShafty from my account to ask if they can ship to Indonesia)

(Leading Edge Manufacturing is temporarily out of stock)

Last edited by durok; 07-18-2018 at 10:32 AM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Super Shafty have spools but at a total of $70 for 2 including and a month to six weeks waiting time. Priority USPS (about two weeks to receive the item) adds another $40 to that total. I'm going to cut my losses and just run the rig to death rather than throwing good money after bad. I'm just severely annoyed that I already dropped $680 to buy the damn rig here plus another $400 in aftermarket parts, paint and bodies, most of them TRX-4 specific.

I was thinking about a Slash 4x4 for all out bashing but after the problem with Traxxas spares I went ahead ordered an Axial Wraith and a titanium link set with no problems like Traxxas throw in their customer's way. I sent another email to Traxxas support about the problem explaining that their so-called "dealer" hadn't replied after two days and Traxxas still haven't bothered to reply.

Last edited by bbrigg; 07-25-2018 at 04:28 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:57 PM   #8

I checked their website rcworld.com.my they have the highest count of Traxxas products compared to other brands.

Did you check the correct website?
theBorneoRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:59 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Who did you buy the truck from?
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:35 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Here is the cheapest from eBay. The shipping method is only listed as "Standard international shipping". USPS priority takes about two weeks to get here.

Here is the cost of shipping from RCmart with 12 other items including a MIP hex set, Holmes Puller Pro, 2 pairs of foams etc.

Not too bad and it takes less than a week for items to arrive, even with the local customs checking the package.

Here is the Traxxas red flag which only shows up when I want to complete the purchase. Pretty long list of countries there.

I might just try to put the order through, perhaps they will miss the Traxxas bits as they are small. Even if that works I will never buy another Traxxas rig no matter where I am living.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:45 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
Who did you buy the truck from?
I bought from a local (Surabaya based, an hour's flight away) online hobby dealer through an Android App which aggregates a bunch of sellers. When I asked about spools and overdrive/underdrive gears the guy there said that he can sell the trucks but that I would have to try elsewhere for spares as he has no way of getting them. He had tried a few times before. He's a good guy, he has helped with non-Traxxas branded items quite a few times.

It looks like whoever is holding the Traxxas dealership in Indonesia expects people to buy a new truck and cannibalize for spares. The email address for Penn Mart provided by Traxxas is completely unresponsive, even when I CC Traxxas support. I guess that with Traxxas support also being unresponsive since providing me with the email address, that makes sense.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:57 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

That sure is unfortunate the they wont ship to you.

Back to the lockers, I believe some people have used spacers to lock the diff so If you're into that it may be a potential solution. Sorry I forget who posted about doing that mod
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:14 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBorneoRC View Post
I checked their website rcworld.com.my they have the highest count of Traxxas products compared to other brands.

Did you check the correct website?
Yes I checked their website. They have a lot of complete cars but their accessories for Traxxas are all battery chargers. They have some parts listed for other brands but none for Traxxas.

I searched using name and part type and then using Traxxas part numbers and got no hits on steering servo, shifter and difflock servos, spools, diff overdrive and underdrive gearsets. Those are pretty common items that noobs would look for and also upgrades that are commonly bought by hobbyists and are only available from Traxxas so far. They don't even have a spare motor.

Last edited by bbrigg; 07-18-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:28 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
That sure is unfortunate the they wont ship to you.

Back to the lockers, I believe some people have used spacers to lock the diff so If you're into that it may be a potential solution. Sorry I forget who posted about doing that mod
I did that, couple of 1/4 stainless washers and a bit of tapered reamer work got that working but that should be a stopgap, not the only reasonable option.

It isn't that RCmart won't ship to me, it's that Traxxas won't allow them to. I ordered a Wraith and a set of titanium links for it through RCmart while I was miffed at Traxxas and RCmart shipped that no problem. They can't ship me a Slash though, Traxxas forbids it! The issue here is Traxxas' allergy to free enterprise. I can understand that having a strong dealer with a good stock of spare parts is important but when your policies result in frustrated customers because of unresponsive dealers it should be time for a rethink. I'm not against Traxxas dealers making a profit. Hell, I want them to thrive! All I want is to be able to buy some parts without having to jump through hoops.

Last edited by bbrigg; 07-19-2018 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:24 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Traxxas support actually returned an email last night. The support person said that he will talk to the International Sales Manager about this. I will update if anything comes of it.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:58 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

We're into the weekend now and still no follow up from Traxxas. After several emails to Traxxas support before getting a second reply things aren't looking good.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2018, 03:33 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrigg View Post
Traxxas support actually returned an email last night. The support person said that he will talk to the International Sales Manager about this. I will update if anything comes of it.

They've been reading the forums, gotta acknowledge it now . That's how i look at it , can not ruin that customer service.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:34 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
They've been reading the forums, gotta acknowledge it now . That's how i look at it , can not ruin that customer service.
I hope so.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:25 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
Still no news from Traxxas support. I'll send a reminder.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:37 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrigg View Post
Still no news from Traxxas support. I'll send a reminder.

Well that sucks ! I would say to call them, but you're way on the other side of the planet, not that sinple to do. Hope you can get the help you need !
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Zero Traxxas support in Indonesia - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holmes Hobbies Feedback...Unbelievable Support..Why to support Vendors Fishmaxx Holmes Hobbies 443 02-22-2014 01:52 AM
Anyone from indonesia? InFlames Outside the US 2 05-30-2009 09:00 PM
traxxas support? slobin3d Chit Chat 15 02-18-2009 12:32 PM