Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2018, 03:40 PM   #1

Hey all. New to the forum and new to crawlers but not new to RC. got the TRX Bronco a few months back and love it. My question is regarding Carisma crawlers. Liking the new F-150 that's coming out next month and was wondering if anyone has any info on the other ones they have based on the same platform as this new one would be. Thanks.

Mike

https://www.carisma-shop.com/en/prod...il.php?id=1340

Last edited by THX_138; 11-24-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Ranch Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2018, 01:58 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New crawler

I'm curious, also. I'm looking for my next kit and would like something different than the TRX-4 and SCX10-2.
elRayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:41 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Disagree....start with one of those and welcome
FANATICRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:41 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Gmade BOM, HPi Venture or Vaterra Ascender. The Carisma looks good, but I dont know much about them. Parts availability is important, also upgrades. And welcome
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:59 AM   #5

Parts are out there. Amain Hobbies has them I think but was curious on how good they were overall. I like the scale F-150 body it'll have as I used to have a '77 F-100 way back when. This body is a '76 but they were pretty much the same.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:11 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I wanna say that may actually be smaller scale, like 1/12th, but I may be thinking of something else.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:37 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
I wanna say that may actually be smaller scale, like 1/12th, but I may be thinking of something else.
I think you are thinking of the Associated CR-12 F-150. We're discussing the forthcoming Charisma SCA-1A F-150...324mm wheelbase.
elRayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:48 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I have a buddy that had one brand new this spring, the stock electronics didn't even last through a 1 day comp.
But he is pretty hard on his rigs, so that may have played into it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
brimdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:08 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
This guy has a WB of 324mm...

First I have heard of this brand, their rigs look cool, but I'd worry about parts availability.

One of the first things that caught my eye was how thin the chassis C-channels were, doesn't seem like it would take much to get those out of shape.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimdogg View Post
I have a buddy that had one brand new this spring, the stock electronics didn't even last through a 1 day comp.
But he is pretty hard on his rigs, so that may have played into it.

How did he burn up the electronics so fast even if he was hard on them? Are they that bad, poor quality?
Old 09-23-2018, 12:03 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I'm thinking he may have been running 3s, and even though it may have been rated to handle it, it doesn't like it for prolonged periods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranch Ranger View Post
How did he burn up the electronics so fast even if he was hard on them? Are they that bad, poor quality?
brimdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:22 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I have four SCA-1E trucks (one Lynx and three Coyotes). The Carisma trucks are very well made, I believe the fit and finish on them is far superior to my Axial trucks. But having said that, I will touch on the important stuff.

Pros:

The bodies on the whole line are amazing. The Coyote and the new F150 are fabulous.
The trucks are well made, solid and tough.
Carisma customer service is awesome. The owner (Ivan) and manager (Peter) are all over Facebook helping customers and giving advice.

Negatives:

They are only 2S capable out of the box. 3S will burn up the ESC.
The trucks in stock form are way too fast. Even with a 35T motor they don't crawl very well due to gearing. Need pinion change.
No aftermarket support just yet (besides Carisma hop ups).
All of the vehicles come with bushings in the axles and tranny. You will need to install bearings.

To sum it up, the Carisma SCA-1E is a solid truck. It will not set the world on fire and doesn't have any cutting edge technology. It's a solid truck that does everything well, but nothing excellent.

I hope that helps. I enjoy them, heck, I keep buying them...lol.

Last edited by TIME MACHINE; 09-26-2018 at 06:24 AM.
TIME MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #13
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranch Ranger View Post
Parts are out there. Amain Hobbies has them I think but was curious on how good they were overall. I like the scale F-150 body it'll have as I used to have a '77 F-100 way back when. This body is a '76 but they were pretty much the same.
I went out trailing with a few friends and one of the guys has the Carisma Coyote. Have to say it was pretty impressive overall. All he did was add bearings (which he said he didn't even need to do but did it anyways) and then he put on better tires and loosened up the suspension so it wasn't as stiff overall and the thing went almost anywhere the rest of us went all day long. Lots of bang for the money. I'm even thinking of getting one for my 2nd crawler or for friends to use. With less hop ups available compared to some brands would really keep me from wasting a ton of money on stuff I don't need.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote

New crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Difference in AX10, Night Crawler, and Comp Crawler final gear ratios? shelljeep Newbie General 11 02-05-2010 12:48 AM
TCS - Novak Goat Crawler Systems in stock @ TCScrawlers.com - The Crawler Store kevinlongisland Vendors Market 0 09-14-2007 09:34 AM
TXT Crawler.... Stone Cold Crawler... Full Tube Scale build RockSpyder Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 6 12-14-2004 09:40 AM