Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: super crawler shafty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2018, 11:05 PM   #1

Default super crawler shafty

Hey I wanna build a shafty super crawler bc it’s too hard to find parts to make a MOA due to no one having parts in stock. I tried getting ahold of Dlux fabs for info on his kit pancho and his axles but never got any response. So now I’m Just wondering what would be the best axles to use for a shafty super class? I was thinking wraith axles as there the widest I know of. I want an offset pumpkin for better clearance and hopefully can rig up a battery tray on the front axle with the servo mount. I plan on using the vanquish scx10-ii trans with rear dig. Still unsure of what chassis I want to use I need to figure out what chassis I can fit the scx10-ii transmission into.

Anyways I’m hoping somone knows if the wraith axles are my best option or if there’s a wider/better axle out there? I Don’t want anything that’s discontinued and hard to find parts for. I would love around 11-12” wide axles to the hex if there is one. I don’t need exact specs for super class as I don’t do comps I just like crawling so if it’s a little wider I’m not worried but reliable is always good too!

I have an ax10 crawler and have a beetle juice MOA with bergs there both fun but are fully modded and I want to build my first super crawler and if it’s a shafty it should be easier to find axles and will be different from what most people are building in the super class.

Anyways thanks for any help/advise you can provide, it will be appreciated.
Spikex41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2018, 09:58 AM   #2
no talent hack

Default Re: super crawler shafty

Erik from dlux fab is in Australia currently for the world championships. I’m sure he will get back to you once he returns.
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:34 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

White trash called it a sporty. Wraith axle in the front and scx10 2 axle in the rear. Said it could go places it shouldn't.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:08 AM   #4

Ok I’m just gonna build a normal 2.2 shafty, gonna be easy to find parts. Super class crawlers seem to be dying out and very hard to find the axles. But at least I can find all the parts if I go with a 2.2 shafty.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

if you want a SUPER crawler SHAFTY based, hardest way is the losi comp crawler/ night crawler axle.

you would need these parts as follows:

4 ar60 long tubes cut and drilled out to 15/32 to the depth of your liking.
4 ar60 long side universals. you will need to add material to the tang after you have put a bearing on it, or you can use 2 brass bushings cut in half to fit over the shaft as its inserted into the housing.
4 ar60 c hubs and knuckles.
2 lsoi axles complete with the ears shaved off the ends

im actually working on one right now, but it will only be half shafty. im going to run a similar to eritex moa kit on the front axle.

or you can use ar60 housings and just make both sides the same length. using the same process as narrowing them.

Last edited by CM9000; 11-19-2018 at 08:27 PM.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:55 PM   #6

Nice I’ll have to check that out and see what I can do with it.
Gonna wait a bit before I jump off the MOA super crawler idea, apparently the Dlux guy has been outa town on a comp so I’ll give Him some time to get home and respond before I make that choice to go on the shafty or go with a normal MOA. Even thow I have tons of parts lying around for a shafty maybe I’ll do both lol.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:46 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

do you want to spend more or less than 1400? that's the question.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote