RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   AMain Hobbies (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/604069-amain-hobbies.html)

Rumpelhardt 11-25-2018 08:54 AM

AMain Hobbies

How in heck do they get stuff from California to Maine so fast. Never more than 3 days on any thing I've ever ordered from them. Very impressive.

Heroesneverquit 11-25-2018 10:15 AM

Re: AMain Hobbies

Uh... You realize how streamlined distribution is with shipping companies right?

Day 1. Package picked up, sorted packed onto truck to be sent for the next flight to east coast. Probably driven to airport that night.
Day2. Flown to east coast terminal. This is any major airport on the east coast so could be atlanta georgia or one in nyc, depends on which people they are using. Sorted and either set on truck or set onto a 2nd plane. Since your in maine not sure which it would do but for me in rhode island packages get flown into massachusets and are driven from there. Overnight your package would arrive at your local distribution place, sorted, then out for distribution for day 3.
Day 3. You get the package.

Whats really crazy is how amazon can do it in 2 days. Now a days they just have multiple distribution centers but a few years ago they still managed it for us on the east coast getting everything usually in 2 days.

svt923 11-25-2018 10:34 AM

No, the crazy part is Amain is still getting packages out at that rate with a significant portion of their employees having lost their homes in the Camp fire. They deserve all the credit and respect for getting us selfish morons our tiny truck parts like nothing has changed.

Jim85IROC 11-25-2018 11:25 AM

Considering most UPS and Fedex deliveries from CA to me in VT seem to take 7-10 days, I'd say 3 is really good.

high plains drifter 11-25-2018 11:46 AM

Takes 4-5 days + for my amain stuff to arrive in Texas but that's due to the shipper... not the seller. Although I do feel like they process things very quickly at amain and rpp both.

Rumpelhardt 11-25-2018 04:25 PM

3 day shipping from the West coast is not the norm here. It takes that long for stuff to get here from New Hampshire.

LSXGMC 11-25-2018 10:51 PM

I’ve been averaging 3 weeks to Canada. You guys are lucky!

Gula 11-26-2018 12:47 AM

I've ordered stuff from Maine or Massachusetts and have gotten it in 2 days all the way th cali before.

Heroesneverquit 11-26-2018 08:11 AM

It is crazy that they are managing with the fires going on. For comparison I ordered from towerhobbies this saturday and wont see the package for 5-7 days. I did order a battery though so I think its ground shipping.

smog 11-26-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSXGMC (Post 5887047)
I’ve been averaging 3 weeks to Canada. You guys are lucky!

I just had a set of the SSD AR44’s come in from Amain. Took two and a half weeks with the postal strike. Unfortunately customs tagged it for brokerage and taxes. What is your experience with this over in Alberta?

MasteroFlego 11-26-2018 09:56 AM

Usually takes about a week to get to me in BC, I almost always choose DHL.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

smog 11-26-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasteroFlego (Post 5887123)
Usually takes about a week to get to me in BC, I almost always choose DHL.

Do you ever get charged for taxes and brokerage?

LSXGMC 11-26-2018 10:15 AM

AMain Hobbies

Quote:

Originally Posted by smog (Post 5887122)
I just had a set of the SSD AR44’s come in from Amain. Took two and a half weeks with the postal strike. Unfortunately customs tagged it for brokerage and taxes. What is your experience with this over in Alberta?

I’ve been averaging three weeks long before the CP strike - it was ever since they switched to APC as their provider instead of USPS, which was averaging 1-1.5 weeks at the most.

With APC, I can’t track the shipment anymore. But, they did what they had to do in order to maintain the $1.99 shipping charge so it’s hard to complain too much.

The strikes didn’t really affect anything for me up until the last couple weeks, now I have a bunch of parcels sitting in warehouses being delayed. Hopefully they show up soon!

In terms of taxes, I usually only get hit if the value of goods is around $100 CAD or greater. Anything less usually they let slide.

MasteroFlego 11-26-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSXGMC (Post 5887130)
In terms or taxes, I usually only get hit if the value of goods is around $100 CAD or greater. Anything less usually they let slide.

This has mostly been my experience as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by smog (Post 5887126)
Do you ever get charged for taxes and brokerage?

smog 11-26-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

I’ve been averaging three weeks long before the CP strike - it was ever since they switched to APC as their provider instead of USPS, which was averaging 1-1.5 weeks at the most.

With APC, I can’t track the shipment anymore. But, they did what they had to do in order to maintain the $1.99 shipping charge so it’s hard to complain too much.

The strikes didn’t really affect anything for me up until the last couple weeks, now I have a bunch of parcels sitting in warehouses being delayed. Hopefully they show up soon!

In terms of taxes, I usually only get hit if the value of goods is around $100 CAD or greater. Anything less usually they let slide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasteroFlego (Post 5887132)
This has mostly been my experience as well

Ah, yeah. This was well above that mark.

With USPS I have never been charged brokerage, only tax. I am unfamiliar with APC, but am never too happy about being hit with the brokerage fee.

Chris-NL 11-26-2018 10:57 AM

AMain Hobbies

Quote:

1 week shipping to The Netherlands, anything above roughly $24,- is charged with import fees [emoji20]... but for $1,99 flat fee shipping I can order multiple smaller amounts

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

sherbs 11-27-2018 06:45 PM

AMain definitely has one up on shipping speed over Horizon.

mewalsh100 11-28-2018 04:32 AM

I like AMAIN Hobbies, but I’ve always experienced quicker shipping and delivery with RPP.

sherbs 11-28-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mewalsh100 (Post 5887582)
I like AMAIN Hobbies, but I’ve always experienced quicker shipping and delivery with RPP.

And less expensive than RPP.

TheLetterJ 11-28-2018 11:28 AM

Alright, I'll say it. My last order from Amain took 8 days, and I'm in the same state! Though 5-6 days has been more typical. It's been the same with RPP, and Tower Hobbies for that matter. Yet, somehow, when I order from stores on the East coast, I generally have my order in 2-3 days. That's not really a knock on any of them as the orders where packed/shipped within a day, so it's entirely in the delivery service's hands, but I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't a factor when deciding where to order from. I'd understand if I lived in BFE, but that's not the case.