Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Axial News - Bad News?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #121
Sr. Product Developer

Default Re: Axial News - Bad News?

I gotta admit, it's pretty entertaining reading all the speculation and thoughts about who or what or when or why things are happening or not happening or are probably going to happen or wouldn't doubt are going to happen.

I obviously (or hope it is obvious) can't share what are plans are or strategy is or is going to be as I want to keep my job. Rest assured that Axial is in good hands. Horizon is a solid and healthy company that has a lot of enthusiasts and passionate people that still consider our job our hobby as well.

Rich
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2018, 02:06 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

I for one, prefer the kit trans over the rtr trans..it is geared a bit different and its just enough to improve my low end resolution on my rigs that have it so far. I will eventually put it in all of my axial based rigs if at all possible....
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:40 PM   #123
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
I for one, prefer the kit trans over the rtr trans..it is geared a bit different and its just enough to improve my low end resolution on my rigs that have it so far. I will eventually put it in all of my axial based rigs if at all possible....
Exactly. Also, the drive shafts angles are so much better than the old, outdated AX10 transmission.
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:49 PM   #124
I wanna be Dave

im still waiting for a lnc kit or lcc kit. Rich
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:42 PM   #125
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
I gotta admit, it's pretty entertaining reading all the speculation and thoughts about who or what or when or why things are happening or not happening or are probably going to happen or wouldn't doubt are going to happen.

I obviously (or hope it is obvious) can't share what are plans are or strategy is or is going to be as I want to keep my job. Rest assured that Axial is in good hands. Horizon is a solid and healthy company that has a lot of enthusiasts and passionate people that still consider our job our hobby as well.

Rich
I understand that its not somthing you can discuss, but the end of the SMT10 Is quite sad to me.
Not here to point out its high's and lows, just sad its going away.
What really got my boys down, was both grandparents (my dad, and father-in-law) wanted to pick up MAX-D kits. not because they are RC hobbists or fans of axial, but they liked MAX D, and wanted to play in the snow with grandkids. sure there is a few random kits out their left, but they are way over the nomial price tag. They have both played with my personal truck in the snow,loved it, and it almost seems as these trucks were made for ohio if anything ever was. (snow hoppin!)
we will continue to play with ours, and probaly still have random people inquire(we find open parking lots with lots of snow) but i am not sure what to say if anything anymore. "its cool truck, but no longer made? - but its not nice, so prob just say, check your local hobby shop)
no doubt axial is in better hands now, and its a positive step, just please keep in the back of your thoughts, RC monster trucks help draw new folks, and always have into our everchanging hobby.

PS: Without too much info, is it possible to think that their will ever be a competetor to the MINI-Z monster? (kyosho hit a grand slam with that one)

mprudic0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:06 PM   #126
I wanna be Dave

Honestly, I think a lot of monster truck fans buy rigs like the Traxxas Stampede-based ones if they are on a budget, and Traxxas Revo or Arrma stunt trucks if they've got money to burn - it seems to be more about being able to stunt-jump the rigs and have them survive high-speed carnage than it is about scale-accuracy.

Sad but true...

Last edited by durok; 12-14-2018 at 08:35 PM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The Yeti seemed to get some love, but not a ton.
I think the Yeti is a real candidate for an update. Look at all of the IFS solid rear platforms that are out now. Yeti, Twin Hammers, Rock/Baja Rey, UDR, Super Baja/Rock Rey, and a shitload of off-brand 1/12 scale trucks. This architecture is clearly popular, and the Yeti is probably the most popular of the bunch (or a close second behind the Twin Hammers). The Yeti is flawed, but a proper redesign that addressed its issues would be a great truck, and now with the whole Horizon catalog at Axial's disposal, there's no reason why it can't be done cheaply and effectively. Imagine the Yeti 2 with the front suspension off one of the Arrma bashers and a beefed up rear axle. It would be a fantastic truck.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:05 PM   #128
Slow is the new Fast

An IFS Bomber with a fresh front suspension design would be fun. Let the Exo Terra Rest In Peace.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:08 PM   #129

I'd like to see the Bomber stay as a solid front axle vehicle, but the new Yeti could definitely migrate more in that direction, although I think the Yeti platform needs to retain the versatility to provide a trophy truck option for it to remain sucessful. I like how my Yeti handles. A more durable version of what already exists would be a great truck.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:09 PM   #130
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
An IFS Bomber with a fresh front suspension design would be fun. Let the Exo Terra Rest In Peace.
I think this would be a good seller....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:17 PM   #131
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
I think this would be a good seller....

The Bomber is a fun platform, I would be in line for its IFS variants.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:20 PM   #132
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The Bomber is a fun platform, I would be in line for its IFS variants.
I love my B1B Bomber, but I could see some people shying away from it due to cost and effort to install

Which is why I bet an OEM version would do well...

Old 12-14-2018, 10:22 PM   #133
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Honestly, I think a lot of monster truck fans buy rigs like the Traxxas Stampede-based ones if they are on a budget, and Traxxas Revo or Arrma stunt trucks if they've got money to burn - it seems to be more about being able to stunt-jump the rigs and have them survive high-speed carnage than it is about scale-accuracy.

Sad but true...
your right,

and in the same notion, the ones who used to enjoy this hobby, are slowly comming back, and for those, they prefer the , they did prefer,,, the axial offerings. solid axle is so great.

traxxas is great, not my thing though..
Old 12-14-2018, 10:30 PM   #134
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
I love my B1B Bomber, but I could see some people shying away from it due to cost and effort to install

Cost is exactly what kept me away. Don’t want to rip apart my SFA Bomber or my Exo Terra either. They are too much fun as is.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:35 PM   #135
Pebble Pounder

All the tech and world at its reach now, wouldnt it be cool to see a AXIAL car based on a amercian muscle car. (muscle car is loose term, could be a late gen Fbody, or a first gen classic car) a rc car with a solid rear axle would be fun, perhaps not the best in racing, but def a fan fav...
(scraches head... hmm this wouldnt be too hard to build right now,... might consider a side project..)
Old 12-15-2018, 07:05 AM   #136
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Just heard that axial is moving to pay all the outstanding invoices with media partners, youtubers, etc. seems like there was quite a few people that did contract media work for them and didn’t get paid. I was reaaaaly hoping to hear they were going to catch back up and not simply burn bridges and try to move forward without the media communities support they had cultivated.

Keep the good news coming!!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:42 PM   #137
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Serious question...How does an IFS Bomber differ from a Yeti?
elRayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:48 PM   #138
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by elRayRay View Post
Chassis bottom is a lot narrower, less prone to hang up.

Some of us also think it looks a lot cooler, lol

Old 12-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I am currently putting a B1B together and it can be a daunting task to finish...
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 01:20 PM   #140
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by elRayRay View Post
As JSterrett said, the Bomber chassis is narrower, but I couldnt actually tell you the difference because I dont have an IFS Bomber. My Bomber has an SFA like they are out of the box. I can tell you that the Bomber and Yeti perform quite differently. I enjoy my Bomber endlessly, it is playful and nimble in my experience but yet remains challenging to control. As was pointed out a few posts up, the Yeti has a stability that I could see being beneficial for a scale Trophy Truck . Personally I find the Yeti too wide to be diverse, and fully independent suspension trucks are way smooth at high speed from all I have experienced so I prefer my exo terra over my yeti in the speed dept. I have gotten way better performance from my IFS Twin Hammers than my Yeti. I think the Yeti is a doomed platform...

All personal experience and opinion. Some folks obviously love their Yeti. My kid enjoyed it. He beat the snot out of ours. I upgraded everything. He couldnt break the twin hammers.

Last edited by smog; 12-15-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Axial News - Bad News? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good News/Bad News Duuuuuuuude Vendors Market 0 04-11-2016 02:53 PM
good news and bad news foproy South Carolina 3 06-13-2011 02:45 PM
Good News, Bad News thumper68 Chit Chat 12 06-02-2010 12:56 PM
Good news and bad news.... Jeckler Chit Chat 6 03-17-2005 12:42 PM