Notices

Thread: Axial News - Bad News?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2018, 03:48 PM   #161
I wanna be Dave

Default Axial News - Bad News?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm25x View Post
When people are left in the dark all they can do is speculate. Just saying. Not a dig at you but at corporate mentality.

So the “corporate mentality” should allow the Chinese copy cats to introduce it earlier.... maybe before the original ? A good corporation keeps all in the dark until
The whole deal is planned, release after manufacturing, with spares and warranty parts.
Great example is the VS4.....
BOOM it was here and warranty support started immediately with needed spares on hand. Unlike GMade, they plaster the media, 8 weeks later shipped, another 8 weeks part’s trickle out.

Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 12-26-2018 at 05:54 PM.
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2018, 05:06 PM   #162
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axial News - Bad News?

Anyone that doesn't do 24 seconds worth of research on companies like gmade (the g stands for garbage) or cross rc deserves to own that trash.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:03 PM   #163
RCC Addict

Toy boxes... from china...

Edit: I better pick up a K10 before you just can't get them anymore. Will consider it my 'axial rbk'.

Last edited by Browneye; 12-26-2018 at 06:41 PM.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:10 PM   #164
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
So the “corporate mentality” should allow the Chinese copy cats to introduce it earlier.... maybe before the original ? A good corporation keeps all in the dark until
The whole deal is planned, release after manufacturing, with spares and warranty parts.
Great example is the VS4.....
BOOM it was here and warranty support started immediately with needed spares on hand. Unlike GMade, they plaster the media, 8 weeks later shipped, another 8 weeks part’s trickle out.

Hang up and Drive

You realize that you couldn't buy 10.2 parts for a solid year-18 months after release, right?

Vanquish is a small company that diverted most of their production to the vs410, leaving just about everything else run out of stock.

Releasing a new product is always a sketchy time, there's no way to predict what will happen or how to prepare for it.

Hobbico going under will have major effects in the industry that have yet to be realized.
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:39 PM   #165
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Anyone that doesn't do 24 seconds worth of research on companies like gmade (the g stands for garbage) or cross rc deserves to own that trash.
Eh.. YMMV. I've been ok with GMADE so far from my own personal experience. Can't speak for others. Have not tried Cross RC though.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:07 AM   #166
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Eh.. YMMV. I've been ok with GMADE so far from my own personal experience. Can't speak for others. Have not tried Cross RC though.
Gmade shocks are ok but their vehicles are craptastic. Don't waste your time with cross unless you want a very nice looking model to sit on a shelf. If you want to actually drive it you will likely be disappointed in its performance.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:30 AM   #167
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
You realize that you couldn't buy 10.2 parts for a solid year-18 months after release, right? .

Getting a topshaft for a kit transmission was brutal.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:28 AM   #168

Quote:
Gmade shocks are ok but their vehicles are craptastic. Don't waste your time with cross unless you want a very nice looking model to sit on a shelf. If you want to actually drive it you will likely be disappointed in its performance.
Not even close to true. I'll put my Sawbacks durability up against any stock SCX10 or SCX10 II any day. And the BOM seems like a better SCX10 II.

And by most accounts Cross is higher quality than RC4WD.

I'm curious as to how many GMade and Cross RC vehicles you've owned.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:40 AM   #169
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Not even close to true. I'll put my Sawbacks durability up against any stock SCX10 or SCX10 II any day. And the BOM seems like a better SCX10 II.

You're asking WT if he's owned any other 'gaylers' now .

FWIW I've wanted a sawback since I've seen a couple get abused at the local comps without really breaking. One guy has his on 4500kv brushless and I've only seen him explode some Junfac driveshafts. While I think the GOM was a miss the BOM seems like a much better release.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:26 AM   #170
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Sawback, seriously? leaf sprung, incapable turd. Stock for stock durability means nothing to a whole lot of people out there but the scx10.2 is a rather solid rig and if something does break parts are immediately available in stock or aftermarket form.

Cross higher quality than rc4wd? Not sure what you're smoking but that isnt exactly a difficult thing to achieve and it isn't true in my experience anyway. I had an sg4-c demon I was building for a friend and while it was very scale in the body the rest was pot metal and bad designs. The axles are garbage, the shocks are lower quality than the standard chinesium ebay junk, the drivelines are not made to phase correctly either. I realize it is designed for slow operation but driveline joints being out of phase due to the pin holes being drilled willy nilly doesn't inspire confidence. The fact that the driveline hardware doesn't actually fit the pinions is pretty awesome too.

The link situation is abysmal on its best day as well. Absolute garbage geometry. Not only are the upper and lower links mounted to the same screw but that screw attaches to a sheet metal tab hanging under the skid plate. Under. The. Skid plate. These sheet metal tabs bend easily so after a bunch of customer complaints they came out with a fix it kit. 2 aluminum tlthreaded tubes to go between the links. So now you have bars tying the links together parallel to the axles at the skid. No missing them now.

The rest of the rig seems fine for what it is and that's a static model that may get driven in the house.

I traded the cross junk for a trx4, that's a solid out of the box gayler if there ever was one. All I've changed in the drivetrain is the servo and it came with 2661 big bores on it. It's a hoot.

How many of these turds have I owned? I watch the local scalers break and wait for parts on their gmade junk regularly so I know better. That gom transmission sure is neat if it holds together for a whole battery. otherwise it's a copy of a mildly modified wraith so if you like its designed you're a closet axial fan.

The sg4c never saw power, I've been doing this rc thing for a minute so I can spot junk a mile away especially when it's in my hands.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:07 PM   #171
Slow is the new Fast

this place is wet with piss
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:10 PM   #172

Quote:
Sawback, seriously? leaf sprung, incapable turd. Stock for stock durability means nothing to a whole lot of people out there but the scx10.2 is a rather solid rig and if something does break parts are immediately available in stock or aftermarket form.

Cross higher quality than rc4wd? Not sure what you're smoking but that isnt exactly a difficult thing to achieve and it isn't true in my experience anyway. I had an sg4-c demon I was building for a friend and while it was very scale in the body the rest was pot metal and bad designs. The axles are garbage, the shocks are lower quality than the standard chinesium ebay junk, the drivelines are not made to phase correctly either. I realize it is designed for slow operation but driveline joints being out of phase due to the pin holes being drilled willy nilly doesn't inspire confidence. The fact that the driveline hardware doesn't actually fit the pinions is pretty awesome too.

The link situation is abysmal on its best day as well. Absolute garbage geometry. Not only are the upper and lower links mounted to the same screw but that screw attaches to a sheet metal tab hanging under the skid plate. Under. The. Skid plate. These sheet metal tabs bend easily so after a bunch of customer complaints they came out with a fix it kit. 2 aluminum tlthreaded tubes to go between the links. So now you have bars tying the links together parallel to the axles at the skid. No missing them now.

The rest of the rig seems fine for what it is and that's a static model that may get driven in the house.

I traded the cross junk for a trx4, that's a solid out of the box gayler if there ever was one. All I've changed in the drivetrain is the servo and it came with 2661 big bores on it. It's a hoot.

How many of these turds have I owned? I watch the local scalers break and wait for parts on their gmade junk regularly so I know better. That gom transmission sure is neat if it holds together for a whole battery. otherwise it's a copy of a mildly modified wraith so if you like its designed you're a closet axial fan.

The sg4c never saw power, I've been doing this rc thing for a minute so I can spot junk a mile away especially when it's in my hands.
Come on, man. You're just trolling now.

You don't have to like the Sawback or the Cross or any other rig, but to say they're garbage is just wrong.

You always bail out the SCX10 II by saying "But there's a huge aftermarket." Who gives a shit? When most people compare rigs, their durability and their performance they typically mean out of the box. Of course upgraded rigs will be stronger. But out of the box there isn't much lower quality than an SCX10 II. If you want to talk about Chinesium just checkout Axial plastics, which is most components on their vehicles, their shocks, etc.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:30 PM   #173
RCC Addict

Quote:
You always bail out the SCX10 II by saying "But there's a huge aftermarket." Who gives a shit? When most people compare rigs, their durability and their performance they typically mean out of the box. Of course upgraded rigs will be stronger. But out of the box there isn't much lower quality than an SCX10 II. If you want to talk about Chinesium just checkout Axial plastics, which is most components on their vehicles, their shocks, etc.

And you always bag on Axial plastic, when you dam well know that it is flexible so that the RTR rigs don't break.

Leave a scx10 alone, un modded, and run the recommended 2s battery through it and there is now way its going to break.

It is designed for the sole purpose of surviving the RTR crowd. Everything is set up for survival from the poor traction tires to the weak servo.

I just played with some stock wraith links, I can bend that plastic around by finger without it breaking.

To claim anything else is disingenuous. Its not crap, it just isn't up to par when comparing it against the highly modified rigs we use.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:33 PM   #174
RCC Addict

In my mind...
1. Ascender
2. SCX10II
3. Traxxas
4. The rest of all the other junk out there. LOL

Some are gonna like the TRX - I have only experienced them through my crawling buddies and some of you guys here - it's well liked. I would rather take a SCX10 and mod the hell out of it. [shrug]

The local guys seem to like their china imports, cms and rcwwd, redcats, etc. I just let them play with what they want.

And yes, Vanquish put all their eggs in the Origin basket - as much as told me so when I couldn't get axle parts for their Ascender version - "There just isn't enough call for them" Well duh, they rarely break, and if they do you can replace them with factory ones that are pretty darn decent and cost a third less.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:34 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
And you always bag on Axial plastic, when you dam well know that it is flexible so that the RTR rigs don't break.

Leave a scx10 alone, un modded, and run the recommended 2s battery through it and there is now way its going to break.

It is designed for the sole purpose of surviving the RTR crowd. Everything is set up for survival from the poor traction tires to the weak servo.

I just played with some stock wraith links, I can bend that plastic around by finger without it breaking.

To claim anything else is disingenuous. Its not crap, it just isn't up to par when comparing it against the highly modified rigs we use.
I do bag Axial. They are made from shit components, but at the end of the day they work well as a whole.

But I can't agree that Axial plastics don't break. I've broken plenty in my day. I haven't broken anything on the SCX10 II, but I've only run it once.

You can use the RTR excuse for the rubbery plastics, but I don't buy it. The TRX-4 is made for the RTR crowd, that's typically the dumbest of them all, and that thing is a beast. It's a solid truck not a rubbery mess.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:39 PM   #176
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Come on, man. You're just trolling now.

You don't have to like the Sawback or the Cross or any other rig, but to say they're garbage is just wrong.

Garbage Made is terrible and cross makes model cars barely good enough to drive indoors. You don't have to accept the facts if you don't want to I guess

Chinesium is a low grade mystery alloy, not plastic.

I've beat on many rtr 10.2s and the only real issue has been the dogboned and craptastic shocks. Not a big fan of the ae5 but like traxxas's xl5 it'll live forever on 2s.

I'll bail out any rig that has an aftermarket there to fix their flaws & shortcomings. Without the aftermarket you are stuck replacing broken or worn out parts with more of the same and that is insanity. What do you do when the gom transmission breaks again? Keep throwing more stock parts at it?
Old 12-27-2018, 12:50 PM   #177

Quote:
Garbage Made is terrible and cross makes model cars barely good enough to drive indoors. You don't have to accept the facts if you don't want to I guess

Chinesium is a low grade mystery alloy, not plastic.

I've beat on many rtr 10.2s and the only real issue has been the dogboned and craptastic shocks. Not a big fan of the ae5 but like traxxas's xl5 it'll live forever on 2s.

I'll bail out any rig that has an aftermarket there to fix their flaws & shortcomings. Without the aftermarket you are stuck replacing broken or worn out parts with more of the same and that is insanity. What do you do when the gom transmission breaks again? Keep throwing more stock parts at it?
Opinions aren't facts. We'll agree to disagree here.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:08 PM   #178
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Opinions aren't facts. We'll agree to disagree here.
Opinions are facts as seen by the holder of the opinion. Don't blame me because you're usually wrong.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:26 PM   #179

Quote:
Opinions are facts as seen by the holder of the opinion. Don't blame me because you're usually wrong.
Yeah, yeah... But you still love me!
Old 12-27-2018, 03:34 PM   #180
I wanna be Dave

Well Trashman , I’ve owned and BEAT a GMade on 3s.
Not ONE gear or frame failure. Period, not even a hint. Non stop fun and run. Holmes BLE Tekin sensored Motor . I ate the small portal bearings, and the carbon junfac upgraded drive shafts. I wish I could say that about any Axial I’ve owned, none survived stock.
That is why my VS4 makes me smile and laugh.i did wear out one part, the tires worked so well, I bought another set!
I’m laughing at all
Who don’t get it, but like to moan!
I also love the design of many, that’s part of the allure of RC

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote

Axial News - Bad News? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good News/Bad News Duuuuuuuude Vendors Market 0 04-11-2016 02:53 PM
good news and bad news foproy South Carolina 3 06-13-2011 02:45 PM
Good News, Bad News thumper68 Chit Chat 12 06-02-2010 12:56 PM
Good news and bad news.... Jeckler Chit Chat 6 03-17-2005 12:42 PM