Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New DELTA Chassis in the works from GCM Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2018, 05:30 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default New DELTA Chassis in the works from GCM Racing

GCM Racing has a new Chassis coming soon that they're calling the Delta

From the video description: Our new GCM DELTΔ chassis is a cool short wheelbase design, made for competition, and ready for LOW cargo interior. Check out our couple of weeks of video footage compiled into one video. Join the discussion here at SBG: http://scalebuildersguild.com/forum/...-Info-and-Tech

I'm exited to see this new chassis and the timing was awesome for me as I'm just looking around for a chassis for a short wheelbase project at the moment.

There arent too many details out yet and theres no product page up yet, but hopefully soon.
The mentioned that they should be available in about 3 weeks.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 12-11-2018 at 05:48 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2018, 12:46 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: New DELTA Chassis in the works from GCM Racing

The roller page is available on their site, lists some specifics.
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:07 PM   #3

Low COG, but also low ground clearance. Looks interesting.

I haven't had the chance to buy a GCM chassis yet.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:25 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

If you haven't seen, GCM offers almost all the Delta accessories on Shapeways available for download and printing at home.

Pretty much everything in this setup could be done by anyone with a printer.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:50 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

GCM Webstore Canada International - DELT

Wow Canadian pricing is scary, after the conversion $837 Cad = $627.11 US dollars (for the roller).

Actually the more I see the more I think this isn't the most appropriate for my next build. I was expecting it to be similar to the CMAX in being modular and aimed at scratch building.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
If you haven't seen, GCM offers almost all the Delta accessories on Shapeways available for download and printing at home.

GCM chassis are notoriously expensive to begin with. Tacking on all that Shapeways stuff which is, again, expensive means that'll be a close $1,000 rig before you even add any non-GCM parts assuming the current price on their website is correct.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:04 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
GCM Webstore Canada International - DELT

Wow Canadian pricing is scary, after the conversion $837 Cad = $627.11 US dollars (for the roller).

Actually the more I see the more I think this isn't the most appropriate for my next build. I was expecting it to be similar to the CMAX in being modular and aimed at scratch building.
Kits are supposed to be available in the future which should be more in line with the Cmax varieties. Apparently, people love prebuilt trucks which is why that is the first version available.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:39 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Thats true, he's only talking about the prebuilt kits at this point. I'll hold tight for the chassis starter kit.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:44 AM   #9
RCC Addict

So, who is going to compete with these chassiss? It seems all sold out right?

Sent from my vivo 1723 using Tapatalk
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:10 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
So, who is going to compete with these chassiss? It seems all sold out right?

Sent from my vivo 1723 using Tapatalk

I don't think you can compete with these chassis. Most of the rigs I see build on GCM chassis are small tire rigs, it seems to be their thing. Class 1 rigs have to have a C channel chassis, which eliminates these rigs.

Or dd you mean who is going to compete with them for sales?
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #11

The chassis really limits axle selection. According to GCM, "You MUST use a very offset front diff and no center links or truss. Obviously our TMX Delta axle is a perfect match, though."

That's a bummer and something that quickly turned me off to this chassis.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:35 AM   #12

Default New DELTA Chassis in the works from GCM Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
I don't think you can compete with these chassis. Most of the rigs I see build on GCM chassis are small tire rigs, it seems to be their thing. Class 1 rigs have to have a C channel chassis, which eliminates these rigs.

Where does it say that class 1 vehicle needs a C frame chassis? I just got done looking over the SORRCA class 1 rules and I couldn’t find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Hintonrc51; 12-24-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Hintonrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hintonrc51 View Post
Where does it say that class 1 vehicle needs a C frame chassis? I just got done looking over the SORRCA class 1 rules and I couldn’t find it.

Honestly I didn't look in the 2019 rules, it was changed in 17 or 18. I don't remember exactly when. All I can say it I asked the question on FB a couple years ago posted a picture of the laser cut chassis and the "offical ruling" was not in class 1. After that point I said f'em and stopped running any events that ran sorrca rules.

My chassis, was cut just like that chassis, except it that shock hoops cut out it.

Maybe it changed, they make exception or I'm wrong in my recollection, but I would go ask then questions before investing the money and time.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Honestly I didn't look in the 2019 rules, it was changed in 17 or 18. I don't remember exactly when. All I can say it I asked the question on FB a couple years ago posted a picture of the laser cut chassis and the "offical ruling" was not in class 1. After that point I said f'em and stopped running any events that ran sorrca rules.

My chassis, was cut just like that chassis, except it that shock hoops cut out it.

Maybe it changed, they make exception or I'm wrong in my recollection, but I would go ask then questions before investing the money and time.

Sounds good. I’m just starting to get into the scale sport and I’ve been watching all that GCM does. I also just pre ordered the BRX01. When I saw your post I felt I’ve made a mistake since it’s not a c chassis. I was just double checking I didn’t miss something.

Hintonrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:28 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The chassis really limits axle selection. According to GCM, "You MUST use a very offset front diff and no center links or truss. Obviously our TMX Delta axle is a perfect match, though."

Likely, ya. Here's some reasons: We do indeed intend to hit replica suspensions (radius arms, diamond mount rubber bushings, split coil/shocks etc.) as well as ALL our truck builds demand offset front diffs. (same as a full size truck, actually.... none of them have centered diffs) Mostly the reason DELTA limits the diff selection so much is that there's very precious little space in a chassis that already has a 9.8 inch wheelbase, full dropped transfer case, scale trans, and correct motor placement for engine bay. There's no room left in this compact thing for centered diff links or driveshafts. Much like a full size truck, actually. That's the reason for that statement. We will build a bunch with K44s also to get them in the circulation, but have to make sure we can do the linkage correctly for good driving before I recommend that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hintonrc51 View Post
Sounds good. I’m just starting to get into the scale sport and I’ve been watching all that GCM does. I also just pre ordered the BRX01. When I saw your post I felt I’ve made a mistake since it’s not a c chassis. I was just double checking I didn’t miss something.
C channel frame isn't SORRCA required, or it would eliminate all the RC4wd and all the Boom chassis... and they're not going to do that.

BRX looks good! I hope they drive nice. They are nice and thick and look tough enough for anyone. I'm pleased they got the price down to $600, they were reporting around $900 last year, so that's great news! Unfortunately manufacturing in Canada doesn't allow us to get that low on pricing.
Generis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:40 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post

Where do you buy the files? I only see the parts that you can buy off of Shapeways.
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:40 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomp View Post
Where do you buy the files? I only see the parts that you can buy off of Shapeways.
You have to be logged in to Shapeways then there is a download button at the bottom of the page.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:49 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

I added a few more print bits to the shapeways store yesterday. Jeep 2dr Mount parts and Sliders.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Generis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:47 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

In SORRCA, it has to be a rail chassis, not c-channel. That requirement would eliminate all kinds of aftermarket chassis designs, and that's not a thing. The Delta chassis was built to be legal. That said, 2019 rules state that it does have to be metal, so things are getting a bit more complicated for the aftermarket in C1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

So use a RC4WD axle, or a Bowhouse axle housing and Vaterra parts, if you don't feel like using a GCM one. In fact, an enterprising builder could probably make a Vanquish or Axial axle work with a little modifying.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:26 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
So use a RC4WD axle, or a Bowhouse axle housing and Vaterra parts, if you don't feel like using a GCM one. In fact, an enterprising builder could probably make a Vanquish or Axial axle work with a little modifying.
RC4WD axles on a GCM chassis? That would be like putting Walmart parts on a Lamborghini!

Obviously, with enough effort you could put any axles you'd like on this chassis. I was just relaying the information stated by GCM.

New DELTA Chassis in the works from GCM Racing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Robinson Racing Gen 3 slipper for 1/10 Yeti works. Fordfreak95 Axial Yeti XL 86 11-20-2020 07:07 PM
Customised Jeep JK - GCM Racing Chassis Retrocosm 1.9 Scale Rigs 27 09-10-2016 01:07 PM
Jeep JK 2 Door GCM Racing Chassis - Scale Tour Swedish Forest charly76 Videos! 0 07-13-2015 09:09 AM