Notices

Thread: Never fear... Tower Hobbies AxFest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2019, 08:30 AM   #181
Sr. Product Developer

Default Re: Never fear... Tower Hobbies AxFest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Rich Thanks , but you realize Farcebeek is many rumongers source of facts., and doubt that will stop, with a little carryover here. Just keep the news and facts coming, many do appreciate it !

Hang up and Drive
Ya, i just don't have the bandwidth to address all of them too lol...maybe my buddies here can share the info
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2019, 08:02 PM   #182
Quarry Creeper

Little update.

RECON G6 is excited to announce a multi-event partnership with Axial Racing & Horizon Hobby.

There will be plenty more info about this coming soon. As for now, scale adventure fun has come full circle & RECON G6 will be hosting AxialFest2019, but don't call it a comeback, it's a family reunion of awesomeness held at the place where it all began; Donner Ski Ranch!

See y'all there!

And

Axial is super excited to announce our partnership with Brian parker/G6. Brian will be working closely with us on a number of different events throughout the year. These events will include Axialfest, RC Fest, Airmeet, and Motorama. We will also be sitting down with Brian and chatting with him about being back with Axial at the Motorama event which is going on this weekend!
cherokee95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:47 AM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
I just don't understand why everyone thinks Axial is doomed....for almost 2 years, Axial couldn't do anything....we have some much cool stuff in the pipeline that all this chatter will go away.

Hopefully i won't have to point this out again in the future.

Rich
I'm glad you pointed this out. It's hilarious that people don't realize that Axial sucked on its own toward the end. Did people forget the year or two of no parts supply from Axial?

I expect Horizon to make Axial better - better quality, better materials, and better engineering.

As I've said numerous times, my concern with Horizon taking over Axial is for Vaterra not Axial. I'm pretty sure Horizon isn't going to kill off the biggest name in scale crawling (Axial), but hopefully they also improve Vaterra and give us the Ascender 2.0 that that platform and its loyal fans deserve. If not, I at least have the TRX-4 platform because I can't see myself ever owning another Axial unless they come out with a great kit and improve quality and materials substantially.

I did notice a ton of Horizon Hobby shirts around the scaler comp portion of Motorama in the photos I've seen. I don't remember seeing this before. Is Horizon's presence at the scale comp Motorama new? I know Horizon has been involved in the RC racing there for years.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 02-20-2019 at 06:49 AM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:02 AM   #184
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I did notice a ton of Horizon Hobby shirts around the scaler comp portion of Motorama in the photos I've seen. I don't remember seeing this before. Is Horizon's presence at the scale comp Motorama new? I know Horizon has been involved in the RC racing there for years.

Motorama and Horizon Hobby----Rich please feel to correct any misinformation.

Horizon Hobby was all over Motorama as the title sponsor, as a major rig vendor booth, and as it seems Axial and Recon are working together again.

Horizon had a massive display in the main hall, that included not one but 2 small crawler courses, and had all the crawlers on display. They included a social media challenge where motorama participants had to take a picture at the Horizon booth, #tag it and show the recon guys the picture.

I walked away with a brand new Deadbolt just for taking a walk and grabbing a picture.

All of the judges had the blue horizon hobby shirts on, all of the raffle trucks were a mix between Axial and Vaterra. I am sure that there was Horizon staff milling around in blue shirts too.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:12 AM   #185
I wanna be Dave

Theres a axial comercial on you tube but its for the scx10ii blazer thats cool but weres the new stuff
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:42 AM   #186
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I'm glad you pointed this out. It's hilarious that people don't realize that Axial sucked on its own toward the end. Did people forget the year or two of no parts supply from Axial?

I expect Horizon to make Axial better - better quality, better materials, and better engineering.

As I've said numerous times, my concern with Horizon taking over Axial is for Vaterra not Axial. I'm pretty sure Horizon isn't going to kill off the biggest name in scale crawling (Axial), but hopefully they also improve Vaterra and give us the Ascender 2.0 that that platform and its loyal fans deserve. If not, I at least have the TRX-4 platform because I can't see myself ever owning another Axial unless they come out with a great kit and improve quality and materials substantially.

Cool part about us working with Axial is now we get to share factories, materials, tolerance call outs etc. Axial has a killer eye for looks. Combining these only means better things. It will take some time to make a full transition for all brands but so far it's been fun working with the guys that used to be my direct competitors.

As for Motorama, Horizon has been sponsoring it for a couple years now. I think we're just bigger on the radar this year with having Axial now and more people paying attention or just waiting for Horizon to screw it up lol.
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:45 AM   #187

Quote:
Cool part about us working with Axial is now we get to share factories, materials, tolerance call outs etc. Axial has a killer eye for looks. Combining these only means better things. It will take some time to make a full transition for all brands but so far it's been fun working with the guys that used to be my direct competitors.

As for Motorama, Horizon has been sponsoring it for a couple years now. I think we're just bigger on the radar this year with having Axial now and more people paying attention or just waiting for Horizon to screw it up lol.
I know it'll take time. I'm looking forward to what the future holds for the Axial/Horizon/Vaterra new scaler.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #188
RCC Addict

Quote:
more people paying attention or just waiting for Horizon to screw it up lol.

A little booth or section to buy replacement parts next year, please. I gave away two motors because people couldn't find any parts and didn't bring theirs spares and thats just what we do for each other.

When we are at it, my kid played all day with his 1/24, so many people asked him about it. If horizon had them down at the scale trials they would have sold the shit out of them. As it was I didn't find the horizon booth until the second days near the end, or I would have directed people to you.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:57 PM   #189
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
A little booth or section to buy replacement parts .
This should be a staple at every event axial or horizon the trucks are nice but having parts available or on display goes along way when your trying to sell trucks it gives the buyer confidence in the company especialy if you dont know much about rc and like me i wait to buy parts at the events i go to like last year at proline by the fire there were no parts anywere i needed some scx10 axle shafts and there weren't any there
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:00 PM   #190
RCC Addict

Can we get a link to the official event page on the first post of this thread?
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote

Never fear... Tower Hobbies AxFest - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Tower Hobbies Done? NFA Fabrication General Crawlers 20 01-17-2018 11:56 PM
tower hobbies dkchance74 Newbie General 18 09-08-2014 11:33 PM
Tower Hobbies jhtoy Chit Chat 34 03-06-2012 06:28 AM
tower hobbies again rockmahala Chit Chat 6 11-29-2009 06:26 PM
Tower Hobbies plyr2k Chit Chat 16 06-09-2006 11:01 PM