Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: king of the hammers 2019

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2019, 08:05 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default king of the hammers 2019

Will axial be there ?will ckrc still do the booth? is there any plans for a trail ride on saterday like usual ?
If there isent any plans anyone want to have a gtg on saterday or during the week i have a house by soggy lake we can meet at so it dosent step on anyones toes and its a short trek to the rock trails
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2019, 08:11 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: king of the hammers 2019

Subscribed...
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:23 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

i can only manage to escape for 1 weekend per year and right now that's proline.
however i'd be lying if i said i didn't want to go to at least one KOH in my life.

im very interested to see how this GTG turns out. pics and vid please!!!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:28 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Bump for more info
Old 01-16-2019, 05:42 PM   #5
RCC Addict

CKRC is gone. Someone posted Horizon's upcoming events and King of the Hammers was on the schedule. I might be able to make it but not sure. I know I wont be staying for that whole week.
Col_Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:09 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

It looks like horizon will be there but i dont see anything about axial or any info about a trail run
Old 01-17-2019, 09:01 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Keep us posted...I might be up for a day or two or something, especially if it involves RC trucks.

Do they still do the bikes the Sunday before? The the KOH main event on the Friday following?
Old 01-17-2019, 09:22 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

If you go to ultra4.com you can see the hammer town map and it shows a vendor booth for axial. I don't see one for horizon. Just my 2 cents of knowledge .
chevy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:55 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Keep us posted...I might be up for a day or two or something, especially if it involves RC trucks.

Do they still do the bikes the Sunday before? The the KOH main event on the Friday following?
King of the Motos got knocked out for the Trophy Trucks. Here is this year's schedule :
Friday 1/2 - Hammertown opening
Saturday 2/2 - UTV Qualifying
Sunday 3 / 2- UTV race
Monday 4/2 - 4500/4600/4800 Qualifying & Shootout (evening)
Tuesday 5/2 - 4400 Qualifying
Wednesday 6/2 - Every Man Challenge race (EMC)
Thursday 7/2 - Toyo Desert Invitational Presented by Monster Energy (new Trophy Truck event)
Friday 8/2 - Nitto King of the Hammers race powered by Optima Batteries (KOH)
Saturday 9/2 - Awards Ceremony UTV – KOH – EMC - Genright KOH The Experience
Chiphead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:26 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy4life View Post
If you go to ultra4.com you can see the hammer town map and it shows a vendor booth for axial. I don't see one for horizon. Just my 2 cents of knowledge .
I dident think of looking there

Last year axial had a complete schedule layed out on there site and the u4 site had the rc trail ride on there schedule
Old 01-18-2019, 09:05 AM   #11
Sr. Product Developer

This event had been scratched off the schedule by previous management but at the last second we have decided to attend anyways. We will have a booth there to show product. This will be on a smaller scale compared to years past as we (Horizon) get a lay of the land. If you are attending KOH, please stop by and say hi. We'll have guys from our Axial, Losi, Vaterra, ECX, TLR and Pro Boat team on hand (yes even the boat guy will be there LOL).

Rich
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:14 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
This event had been scratched off the schedule by previous management but at the last second we have decided to attend anyways. We will have a booth there to show product. This will be on a smaller scale compared to years past as we (Horizon) get a lay of the land. If you are attending KOH, please stop by and say hi. We'll have guys from our Axial, Losi, Vaterra, ECX, TLR and Pro Boat team on hand (yes even the boat guy will be there LOL).

Rich
Now that is awsome!
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:00 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post

Rich
So are there any plans for a trail run is there gona be a small track at the booth

What are the plans
im already on site so let me know if i can help

Maybe do some scouting or course layout or whatever
Old 01-18-2019, 11:28 AM   #14
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
So are there any plans for a trail run is there gona be a small track at the booth

What are the plans
im already on site so let me know if i can help

Maybe do some scouting or course layout or whatever
I really appreciate the offer but this year we will just have the booth. I'm sure next year when we have more time and staff we'll do something bigger.

Thanks for the offer
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #15
RCC Addict

If there are crawler people going out for the event there could be a meet up time and place and do our own trail walk, take in the sites, drive trucks.

I have not been out for the actual race event, just the motorcycles on the previous Sunday, and it's been a few years.
I could never figure out why they did it over the weekday with the main event on Friday. I guess you have to either be retired, independently wealthy, or take vacation to attend. I don't fall under any of those categories, but could take a vacation day if there was enough interest.

I have not seen anything on the local FB posts by the various crawler clubs. I'll go look again. Some of them are even out that way, there's an Apple Valley club for sure.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:24 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Well my place is a bit out of the way im by soggy lake about middle of the park but im down to have people meet out here there are some cool trails very close by im trying to establish ive been running them my self with freinds for about 4 years now or just meet up by the booth and go out from there to were ever maybe ill take a shovel out to means lake before they set up

Last edited by ferp420; 01-18-2019 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Renegade Rock Runners RC Club just posted a trailrun for Saturday. They're going out Thursday, Friday is the big event, then stay for the weekend. We're gonna look at the calendar and decide. Find them on FB.

Seems like it's $25 a head now. Yeah, to walk in the dirt, camp in the dez. BLM closes the whole freakin' desert for it. LOL
Old 01-18-2019, 09:18 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

My house is in the park they cant stop me from watching the race they go by just up the road i can see them out the front window i always get a ticket though just to hang out at the jumbotron lol please post up the trail run info here i dont facebook
Old 01-19-2019, 06:01 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Okay...finally getting up to speed on this event...I think the last time I went was for KIng of Motos the sunday prior to the actual koh, probly about 4 years ago. That part of the event has been discontinued - Jimmy Lewis organizer and offroad riding coach whom I have known for quite a long time. And I used to ride with the trials group that Cody Webb is from - he won the last four years moto event. Nice young kid. Very good rider.

The koh main event is still Friday, but it starts the Friday before with stuff going on all week long. Awards Saturday and everybody packs up and heads out. A group of the local crawlers - Renegade - Stephen Richardson and Jody Sumerald are staying 'till sunday, invited peeps out for a trailrun early Saturday morning. Details on FB, will update here.

We are about 50-50 going right now. Tomorrow is the last day for pre-tickets for $20, plus $20 for a camping pass. Yep, now $20 to camp in the open desert. LOL

It continues to grow and is now the biggest offroad event in the US, 500 competitors and 50K spectators. That last number has given me pause. Frankly I'm too old for all that confusion. Ha ha.

Renegade post and coordinates from FB:

Stephen Richardson:
(34.4021610, -116.5355820)
These are the gps coordinates. This is the start of the trail. We will be camp just to the east of that spot. I will post more info later.
8am Saturday 2-9

Last edited by Browneye; 01-19-2019 at 06:04 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:34 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

I thought i saw king of the motos on there list this year but hay thats not why i go there also doing some kind of trophy truck event this year that might be fun

I realy feel like we need to establish some perminit scale trails out here i think they would be fun

Anyway thanks for the info keep us posted
i might go check out that spot and see whats up

Last edited by ferp420; 01-19-2019 at 08:10 AM.

king of the hammers 2019 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 U4RC Winter Nationals Feb. 16th 2019! TheAxialNut U4RC 8 02-21-2019 09:50 PM
Twin Hammers King of the Hammers build questions Genghis Ken Vaterra Twin Hammers 3 03-08-2018 03:51 PM
king of the hammers ben10 California 0 02-01-2012 05:44 PM
King of the Hammers jason 1:1 Full Size Vehicles 108 03-03-2009 10:54 PM