Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Broken savox case,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2019, 08:15 AM   #1

Default Broken savox case,

I smashed the front case of my savox and see I can get replacement ones for cheep so that is awesome , but can I just get the metal one for my sa1231?. I would imagine each one is a bit different and may not work. Anyone with experience in this?
Snakeob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2019, 10:22 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Broken savox case,

I know the 1230 and 1231 are interchangeable, but beyond that, I think you'd have issues with different gear set sizing and what not. Get yourself the metal vanquish servo clamps and you won't have anymore issue sheering the mounting ears off. Ask me how I know.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:49 AM   #3

My ears are still there, it still bolts to mount but 3 cracks all the way to main bearing bore and to the shaft hole. Will the metal clamps still help from the head on collision? I guessing the hit it took would demolish about any servo that isn't metal case. Probably can't run that hard and expect to not break. (Direct hit to servo and horn while airborne from a tree)
Old 01-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeob View Post
My ears are still there, it still bolts to mount but 3 cracks all the way to main bearing bore and to the shaft hole. Will the metal clamps still help from the head on collision? I guessing the hit it took would demolish about any servo that isn't metal case. Probably can't run that hard and expect to not break. (Direct hit to servo and horn while airborne from a tree)
yeah I'd say you'd break it in that scenario regardless of clamps or not. Go ahead and get a replacement case for the 1231 to keep it since mechanically its fine and buy yourself a 2290 for whatever that car is. Keep the 1231 for a CMS setup on whatever. If you wanted to get rid of it, I think I actually have a spare 1231 case at home, I may be interested in the servo as is if the price was right and I do in fact have that spare case, I'll have to check. I happen to have a redcat gen8 who would love a new servo.

EDIT: A few companies out there make servo on axle guards, I don't remember off hand who, but you can search them out if thats the route you wanted to take.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:09 PM   #5

Looks like i was somewhat successful in fixing this.Temporarily at best im sure. Im also going to have new spare front case piece on hand for when it does fail again.
I did contact Savox on if they had a metal case option for replacement. As foreseen every one or almost every one is specific to servo spec. No luck on this idea but was worth a look. I will still be looking at new metal cased ones when i can swing it and keep the 1231 for spare or new project. Probably mix in metal clamp set up too.

Broken savox case, - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Savox 1256 case upgrade. tuner Electronics 3 03-28-2012 08:19 AM