Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Carisma SCA-1E Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2019, 06:21 PM   #1

Default Carisma SCA-1E Crawler

Anybody have a Carisma Coyote & if you do do you know of any upgrades or Hop-up's for it ty.
Machine96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2019, 01:07 PM   #2
wyd
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Carisma SCA-1E Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine96 View Post
Anybody have a Carisma Coyote & if you do do you know of any upgrades or Hop-up's for it ty.
I just built the kit version Coyote. The hop ups I bought for it where the aluminum steering knuckles, brass wheel hexes, aluminum and aluminum steer steering link. All the parts are ones from Carisma. Like most I also have a few different sets of tires I can rotate between my Ascender and my Carisma. The aluminum shocks, servo setup, battery setup and shock towers are all the new stuff that comes in the kit version (The RTR version don't have the new stuff). Asiatees has a lot of stuff for the truck hop up wise. I'm in the US so all my stuff came stateside other than the brass hexes as they came from Asiatees.

I trailed mine for the first time this weekend and it was a fun truck. Really the only thing vs my Ascender is the Carisma don't have as tight of a turning radium but otherwise it crawler just as well for me so I'm plenty happy with it and will use it most of the time and run the Ascender for a change or if I need something with lights as I didn't add lights to the Coyote.

Last edited by wyd; 01-29-2019 at 01:09 PM.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:13 PM   #3

One of the guys in our club has one and it keeps up if not matches every other brand well enough. I love their bodies and for the price they are quite competitive.
elirgraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:50 AM   #4
wyd
Rock Crawler

Added a little more to my Coyote. Just some lettering on the hood. Been a great truck for me overall. Only one problem since I built it as I had a screw come loose in the rear diff that I didn't thread lock (builders error) but other than that it's been a fun crawler for me to run. Something a little different.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
I just built the kit version Coyote. The hop ups I bought for it where the aluminum steering knuckles, brass wheel hexes, aluminum and aluminum steer steering link. All the parts are ones from Carisma. Like most I also have a few different sets of tires I can rotate between my Ascender and my Carisma. The aluminum shocks, servo setup, battery setup and shock towers are all the new stuff that comes in the kit version (The RTR version don't have the new stuff). Asiatees has a lot of stuff for the truck hop up wise. I'm in the US so all my stuff came stateside other than the brass hexes as they came from Asiatees.

I trailed mine for the first time this weekend and it was a fun truck. Really the only thing vs my Ascender is the Carisma don't have as tight of a turning radium but otherwise it crawler just as well for me so I'm plenty happy with it and will use it most of the time and run the Ascender for a change or if I need something with lights as I didn't add lights to the Coyote.
I am trying to decide between the Coyote RTR and the Ascender F100 BND myself... I'm reading/hearing mixed things about the Coyote, and some seem really stiff and don't articulate nearly as much as the Ascender... I am a tinkerer and enjoy problem solving and making things work better, but I'm not looking for something to throw money at (I like to get creative and make my own mods/parts).

However, if I do venture to modding other brands' parts (ie:Axial) to fit, which one is more likely to accept upgrades?

One thing about the Ascender that intrigues me is that there are 2-speed transmission options, would that be possible with the Coyote via retrofit?
gotdurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:51 PM   #6

Oh jeez where to begin. Let's start with my coyot has a custom dropped bed with added weight. Custom fog and rock light set. 105mm light bar up top. Custom light set. Yea it has a ultra matte paint job (love the black). 1.9 aluminum beadlock with 121mm super swampers. Boomracing 90mm internal shocks as long as the aluminum shock towers and braces (Front and back). Boomracing rear bumper and bumper mount. Avid revolution bearings throughout. Scx Alloy transmission, slipper clutch, all metal gears. Waterproof Hw1080 esc. Hoppyporter 7ch transmitter receiver. Aluminum steering knuckles and steering links. 15kg Savox waterproof servo with aluminum servo horn. Chasis mounted servo. Still underconstruction!!
Don't know how to post pics from my phone otherwise I would. On Facebook Check out Central Pa RC Crawler Club for pics.

Last edited by Kweez; 06-06-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Kweez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:25 PM   #7
wyd
Rock Crawler

Had my Coyote out again today and it's really dialed in and working great. For a budget crawler it's as dialed as my friends TRX4's and SCX10's. It has really been a very reliable and great working truck. The suspension tweaking I been working on are really paying off.

Old 07-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #8
wyd
Rock Crawler

Some new parts out for the Carisma SCA-1. Brass pumpkin covers. http://www.carisma-shop.com/en/produ...il.php?id=1506
Aluminum axles for the F150 version Carisma. https://www.asiatees.com/display?Car...d=159619&pid=1
And for the Lynx/Coyote. https://www.asiatees.com/display?Car...d=159619&pid=1
I have had my Carisma out trailing many more times since my last post. I really enjoy running it. I also have an Ascender and HPI Venture so I run different ones all the time as I just rotate which one I take out.

I have some high clearance steering linkage that a buddy made for me.

Last edited by wyd; 07-14-2019 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:58 AM   #9

I'm pretty new to crawling, but updated my steering link with boomracing links, also changed out the esc with Hobbywing 1080, way better then Carisma one. I've also started my bearings upgrades. Have done all the 10 x 15 x 4 bearings.

Waiting on second pack of 5 x 10 x 4 to finish up. Really smooth and maybe even a bit quieter. My next upgrade is going to wheels and tires. Loving the Coyote. Should have some video up over the next week or so.
jp735i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:09 PM   #10
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp735i View Post
I'm pretty new to crawling, but updated my steering link with boomracing links, also changed out the esc with Hobbywing 1080, way better then Carisma one. I've also started my bearings upgrades. Have done all the 10 x 15 x 4 bearings.

Waiting on second pack of 5 x 10 x 4 to finish up. Really smooth and maybe even a bit quieter. My next upgrade is going to wheels and tires. Loving the Coyote. Should have some video up over the next week or so.
Nice. Tires are a really nice upgrade for the Coyote for sure. I'm waiting for the new brass diff covers to come in stock at HRP so my shop can order them from the distributor. I could order overseas but don't need them that badly so I will just wait and save on shipping and my shop will give me a better deal anyways.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Some new parts out for the Carisma SCA-1. Brass pumpkin covers. http://www.carisma-shop.com/en/produ...il.php?id=1506
Aluminum axles for the F150 version Carisma. https://www.asiatees.com/display?Car...d=159619&pid=1
And for the Lynx/Coyote. https://www.asiatees.com/display?Car...d=159619&pid=1
I have had my Carisma out trailing many more times since my last post. I really enjoy running it. I also have an Ascender and HPI Venture so I run different ones all the time as I just rotate which one I take out.

I have some high clearance steering linkage that a buddy made for me.
Really liking the custom steering links. Nice job
jp735i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:25 PM   #12
wyd
Rock Crawler

Thanks. The links worked out nicely and didn't catch on stuff like the stock setup or the aluminum hop up from Carisma.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:15 AM   #13
wyd
Rock Crawler

Think the next time I do take the Coyote out I'm going to change the shock oil to a little heavier and see how it goes. I did go lighter thinking I wanted a little more plush but I'm rethinking that a little and my thought is I should actually go a little heavier and try it out.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:09 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Think the next time I do take the Coyote out I'm going to change the shock oil to a little heavier and see how it goes. I did go lighter thinking I wanted a little more plush but I'm rethinking that a little and my thought is I should actually go a little heavier and try it out.
Love the Coyote body too!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:24 AM   #15
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Love the Coyote body too!
Thanks.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:37 AM   #16

Post Re: Carisma SCA-1E Crawler

I'm running an SCA-1E Brat with 1.9 Traxxas 24-Lug Bead-lockers and Pro-Line Hyrax 4.73" tires with the Predator compound. It's crawling and climbing really well; the tires are phenomenal.

Everything else is stock so far, but I'm leaning toward the Hobbywing 1080 ESC next; the Carisma ARC-1 just doesn't cut it, and the ARC-2 doesn't seem to be available anywhere at the moment. We'll see. Going to follow this thread to see what everyone's doing on these Carisma units. Nobody in my area seems to stock anything for Carisma though, which is slightly annoying - since they're pretty cool cars.
Northeastmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:28 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Running the SCA-1E Brat and for the price it's hard to beat.

1080 Hobbywing and 550 45t Holmes motor with 17t pinion. I like the extra weight of the 550 and smooth throttle control.

Boom Racing 1.9 S100 Steelie https://www.asiatees.com/display?Mis...d=162909&pid=1
With RC4WD mud pluggers. Great looking wheel/tire combo for this rig.

Put internal spacer in the shocks to lower ride height a bit and using just a few drops of #7000 diff fluid. Also using softer Tamiya big bore springs from a TRF211 Kit.
MAGNUMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:49 PM   #18

Anyone know what sound simulator speaker would fit the carisma coyote?
TMagee is offline   Reply With Quote

Carisma SCA-1E Crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NOW IN STOCK the NEW Carisma Coyote SCA-1E Deluxe Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 12-19-2018 12:27 PM
Featured product of the week! The Carisma SCA-1E 1/10 Scale Coyote 4WD Scaler RTR! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 11-05-2018 11:00 AM
PRE-ORDER NOW the NEW Carisma SCA-1E '76 Ford Motor Company RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 08-02-2018 11:55 AM
Carisma Coyote SCA-1E dwblue00 General Crawlers 6 12-03-2017 11:14 PM
New Carisma SCA-1E Coyote Scaler RTR - Pre-order Open! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 09-08-2017 03:35 PM