Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Noob to Crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2019, 03:35 PM   #1

Default Noob to Crawling

I just fell into another RC rabbit hole and my wallet is a lot lighter thanks to the TRX4 Bronco.

As if RC Helis didn't take enough of my time, I stumble upon YouTube videos of Scale Crawling and fell in love with the realism of the TRX4 Bronco.

So now that I have this thing, does anyone have any tips on building those cool obstacles (ie. Rope bridges, a see-saw looking thing, or anything else that's cool)? Maybe course suggestions? Anyone in Southern Maryland, Hughesville area?

Hope to meet some new Crawling friends soon!
TeamNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2019, 04:05 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Noob to Crawling

First, Welcome to RCC! There are a lot of threads here where people are building backyard crawler courses which are full of ideas you just need to start reading. For example here is one that just came back from the dead;

Personal rock courses?

As for the TRX4 it responds well to weight down low so for a first mod I recommend installing some portal weights. Also be aware that the stock steering servo and ESC are notoriously weak so a good upgrade steering servo like the Pro Modeler 470 or Savox 1230SG and a Hobby Wing Quicrun 1080 ESC make for nice electronic upgrades.

Last edited by Inspector86; 02-13-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:56 PM   #3

Awesome, thanks for the advice and link!
TeamNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:25 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
First, Welcome to RCC! There are a lot of threads here where people are building backyard crawler courses which are full of ideas you just need to start reading. For example here is one that just came back from the dead;

Personal rock courses?

As for the TRX4 it responds well to weight down low so for a first mod I recommend installing some portal weights. Also be aware that the stock steering servo and ESC are notoriously weak so a good upgrade steering servo like the Pro Modeler 470 or Savox 1230SG and a Hobby Wing Quicrun 1080 ESC make for nice electronic upgrades.
I tryed to post that link n couldnt get it to do it. Alot of good info in there. Lookin at startin my own course soon

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is online now   Reply With Quote

Noob to Crawling - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Noob to Crawling Stink-Bait South Carolina 15 06-16-2013 01:57 PM
What should a rock crawling noob do.... DarkFrost Newbie General 12 12-14-2009 11:48 AM
Why I like being a noob to crawling kikcaffine Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 09-25-2008 03:19 PM
NOOB to crawling looking to get into it dnj89 Newbie General 4 06-19-2007 03:43 PM