Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
Its been 3 days, the 5 things they had in stock to start with are sold out
My thoughts exactly.
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2019, 06:07 AM   #22

Default Re: Vanquish 20% off

Well Vanquish did add at least one item to their site over the weekend - new Method 101 wheels in grey. So they are trying.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:34 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Well Vanquish did add at least one item to their site over the weekend - new Method 101 wheels in grey. So they are trying.
Hooray for trying, but it still makes you wonder. If you're already having problems keeping anything in stock, why do a 20% off sale? If you think a 20% off sale would be a good business move, at least build up your inventory, THEN have the sale.

I hope they use whatever revenue they got from this sale to hire a logistics manager. These guys need to stop letting their Engineers run the business.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:41 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
Hooray for trying, but it still makes you wonder. If you're already having problems keeping anything in stock, why do a 20% off sale? If you think a 20% off sale would be a good business move, at least build up your inventory, THEN have the sale.

I hope they use whatever revenue they got from this sale to hire a logistics manager. These guys need to stop letting their Engineers run the business.
Probably to clear out some of the slow moving stuff. That's my guess. They don't need to give 20% off on popular stuff because it's going to sell out anyway.

Some engineers are good business men, but not always.

They are kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. I mean, sure, they could outsource and get lots of help. But then people would complain about the outsourcing. If they outsource to other US machine shops the prices would surely have to increase. Personally, I think their product line has become too vast for their current manufacturing capabilities.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:03 AM   #25

Quote:
Personally, I think their product line has become too vast for their current manufacturing capabilities.
I think that's absolutely the case. If you intend to grow, you've got to invest in your business to have the equipment and the personnel to allow for that to happen. You can't just let your Engineers/designers play in the sand box and come up with a million ideas if you don't have the facilities to actually produce them. A slower, more organic growth where they introduce a set number of products over a scheduled time frame would help them to adjust their manufacturing needs accordingly. Part of it may require discontinuing older items in order to reallocate the resources toward the newer parts.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:40 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

They can't win. First it's too expensive, then they don't have your specific item, then they put everything on sale which is upsetting because your item is not in stock to take advantage of the sale, then they reduce their catalog and you get upset that your specific item is no longer available.......
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:56 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I tried to order 4 different items, they did not have a one of them. Are they going Belly-Up? If they are not they should find a new Manager for inventory control. Business 101, in order to be profitable and keep customers coming back out of stock items must be kept at under 10%.

Last edited by sherbs; 03-04-2019 at 09:59 AM.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:36 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Odd.....they keep bringing quality out.
I,m also sure Dan Wilson loves the advice posted here by experts.

I know they could move to Hong Kong, cut prices in half and double production.........
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:47 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Odd.....they keep bringing quality out.
I,m also sure Dan Wilson loves the advice posted here by experts.

I know they could move to Hong Kong, cut prices in half and double production.........
Expert, Yes, what I did for 34 years was inventory control and levels. Offshore also a yes, it appears at least half of my VS4-10 is Taiwan made. The kit is high end but still a lot of it is from off shore.

Last edited by sherbs; 03-04-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:30 AM   #30
RCC Addict

I think the problem is definitely inventory, since you need a button to filter in stock items on the site at this point. Dozens of wheels offered but only handfuls available, axle pairs not being in stock (front is but rear isn't, etc.). It'd be like walking into a physical store with the sale sign out front and finding bare shelves with random items scattered between, it's just not the best look even if Vanquish is doing fine.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:36 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Things came and went over the weekend too. Portals sold out last week then they were back over the weekend and sold out again. My black vs4-10 came in the original vs4-10 box lol. Pre production model? Lol definitely cleaning up some stuff!
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:36 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbs View Post
I tried to order 4 different items, they did not have a one of them. Are they going Belly-Up? If they are not they should find a new Manager for inventory control. Business 101, in order to be profitable and keep customers coming back out of stock items must be kept at under 10%.
Well this isn't business 101......

That aside VP has a unique niche. IF you understand the business model they are using, you would not make such stupid statements Most of us understand the machines are scheduled for production in Sacramento, Incision products are made to VPspecs and inspected here. Most HK products are always hit and miss, unlike VP or Incision which always fit and are first quality.

Old 03-04-2019, 02:30 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Well this isn't business 101......

That aside VP has a unique niche. IF you understand the business model they are using, you would not make such stupid statements Most of us understand the machines are scheduled for production in Sacramento, Incision products are made to VPspecs and inspected here. Most HK products are always hit and miss, unlike VP or Incision which always fit and are first quality.

That would be my error, I have never been involved with a business model and plan of that type. I do own a specialized brick and mortar retail store but that is for single shot firearms, but using their plan I would have been out in a few years instead of being in the same location since 1991. You seem to know about them, who made the VS4 Chassis parts? First kit I have built where I had to re-drill out under size holes and tap them.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:19 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

So much conspiracy theory

Quote:
Quite a few items were added and purchased this weekend. But people will focus on the one item they want.

Quote:

To be honest, you do not know what goes on inside our company, and just making an assumption. Plenty of inventory was built up for a sale. But what people did not see, immediately when the sale started quite a few stores came in and bought heavy. Hence some popular products went out of stock quick. And we try and take care of our stores. So that means, ship it to them first over a direct customer.

Quote:
Probably to clear out some of the slow moving stuff. That's my guess. They don't need to give 20% off on popular stuff because it's going to sell out anyway.

Some engineers are good business men, but not always.

They are kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. I mean, sure, they could outsource and get lots of help. But then people would complain about the outsourcing. If they outsource to other US machine shops the prices would surely have to increase. Personally, I think their product line has become too vast for their current manufacturing capabilities.
Every says we are over priced, but I can not find a domestic machine shop to to do the product for the price we need to sell it to a customer. So we keep everything in house.

Quote:
I think that's absolutely the case. If you intend to grow, you've got to invest in your business to have the equipment and the personnel to allow for that to happen. You can't just let your Engineers/designers play in the sand box and come up with a million ideas if you don't have the facilities to actually produce them. A slower, more organic growth where they introduce a set number of products over a scheduled time frame would help them to adjust their manufacturing needs accordingly. Part of it may require discontinuing older items in order to reallocate the resources toward the newer parts.

Again making assumptions. Do you think we are sitting around manning 1 mill and 1 lathe to make our products? Easy to say to reinvest in the company. Easier say it, when it is not your ass if you do not make bills. We are competing with over seas labor that we can not match their labor. So they can put a 80k mill on the floor and run 3 shifts. We need to put a 400-600k mill on the floor with automation to run 24 hours, while running one shift to compete. How many 8k-12k a month payments would you want to have? So we have a way bigger investment in machines than our counterparts. We also do not just sit here stealing everyone's ideas.

Quote:
Far from belly up. Which items do you focus on? The item that sat on a shelf for 12 months then some how got popular and vanished off your website? Or the latest item that has never seen a decrease in sales? These are questions we consider.

Quote:
Expert, Yes, what I did for 34 years was inventory control and levels. Offshore also a yes, it appears at least half of my VS4-10 is Taiwan made. The kit is high end but still a lot of it is from off shore.
Value added from over seas to domestic is more like 20% from over seas, 80% here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
I think the problem is definitely inventory, since you need a button to filter in stock items on the site at this point. Dozens of wheels offered but only handfuls available, axle pairs not being in stock (front is but rear isn't, etc.). It'd be like walking into a physical store with the sale sign out front and finding bare shelves with random items scattered between, it's just not the best look even if Vanquish is doing fine.
This is what we are working on this year. No easy task to filter through all the stuff in so many categories. In process, ordered, wip, website, in process, back ordered. They all play a factor and hard to figure out where you are at any given day.

We finally have something in place to account for all those categories and sort what we need in the order we should make them, based on what is in stock, what is back ordered, what just needs assembly, what just needs one last items made. This will be a huge step for us as a company to focus as close to exactly our resources should be on.

Quote:
That would be my error, I have never been involved with a business model and plan of that type. I do own a specialized brick and mortar retail store but that is for single shot firearms, but using their plan I would have been out in a few years instead of being in the same location since 1991. You seem to know about them, who made the VS4 Chassis parts? First kit I have built where I had to re-drill out under size holes and tap them.
Firearms and our aftermarket business are completely different animals. You buy bullets, you know you will sell bullets. We make an item, we never know if it will be popular and sell. And items that have not sold, all the sudden sell. This make it very hard to know exactly what to do and when to do it.

With all that said, I have already said we are working on out of stock items, re fixturing and reprogramming our current equipment for more efficiency and longer runs. This will make more product in a day, hence more product, less out of stock.

We finally have a system in place to focus us as a company to make the proper items in stock. I am very excited for this to be in place. But as I attack items that are top of the list one by one. It will still take time to get them all re fixtured and reprogrammed.
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:34 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

That was refreshing!!
Thanks for the products!

Hang up and Drive
Old 03-04-2019, 03:40 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You seem to know about them, who made the VS4 Chassis parts? First kit I have built where I had to re-drill out under size holes and tap them.

What chassis parts are you asking about? The stamped rails , the molded braces and shock hoops?

Are you asking about the added cnc front brace that requires your one hole drilled out?

This was the first kit everything was top shelf and didn’t require upgrades to run, but I’m no expert just a savvy consumer that does his research on products.

Hang up and Drive
Old 03-04-2019, 03:43 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Vp Monkey, We know you guys are working your butts off and we do appreciate that!

Last edited by Inspector86; 03-04-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:38 PM   #38

Quote:
I take it you've never built an Axial or RC4WD kit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post
Every says we are over priced, but I can not find a domestic machine shop to to do the product for the price we need to sell it to a customer. So we keep everything in house.
I 100% believe it. We don't machine in-house where I work so I'm often sending parts out for pricing. Most people wouldn't believe the cost of machining, especially in small quantities. On top of that you guys usually have very smooth machining and high quality anodizing on top of that. You know I was a very vocal antagonist, but you guys won me over and I'm now a fan. Just got some OMFs delivered before they disappear forever and I plan on ordering more stuff from you guys before the sale ends.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:59 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I take it you've never built an Axial or RC4WD kit...

I 100% believe it. We don't machine in-house where I work so I'm often sending parts out for pricing. Most people wouldn't believe the cost of machining, especially in small quantities. On top of that you guys usually have very smooth machining and high quality anodizing on top of that. You know I was a very vocal antagonist, but you guys won me over and I'm now a fan. Just got some OMFs delivered before they disappear forever and I plan on ordering more stuff from you guys before the sale ends.
I have 3 RC4WD kits, Gelande and 2 TF2's and they all had some messed up holes and threads. But they were not $900 kits. A hole towards the front in the left rail had to be drilled out to align properly. Two holes in the sliders had to be tapped. Not a big deal to fix just did not expect it in that level kit.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:49 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Portals and the SCX10II F9's popped in stock again!!!

EDIT: Steve...... If you have any silver portals available.... PM me please, ill take them Ill call you tmrw to check anyways lol
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish 20% off - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanquish Currie F9? Vanquish Jockrocks? SSD Diamond Axles? 701scaler 1.9 Scale Rigs 15 01-04-2016 09:39 PM
vanquish wraith link on ar60 axle with vanquish xr10 knuckles? T3rry Axial AX10 2nd-gen 2 04-28-2013 06:11 PM