Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Vanquish 20% off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2019, 11:10 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Vanquish 20% off

I try to place an order for a pair of Currie RockJock for SCX10-II but international shipping is to much expensive, Amain hobbies offers better shipping options
antigacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2019, 08:12 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbs View Post
I have 3 RC4WD kits, Gelande and 2 TF2's and they all had some messed up holes and threads. But they were not $900 kits. A hole towards the front in the left rail had to be drilled out to align properly. Two holes in the sliders had to be tapped. Not a big deal to fix just did not expect it in that level kit.
Then you should be used to mediocrity.

Honestly, any modern RC from a top tier manufacturer, including Axial and RC4WD, should come out of the box perfectly. And that's what people should expect. Too many people just accept issues because of the do-it-yourself nature of this hobby. We are passed those days. We are much better in manufacturing and things should be made as designed. Sure, every manufacturer has defects that slip through quality control and out the door, but a good company will make it right and it should not be the norm.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:01 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Then you should be used to mediocrity.

Honestly, any modern RC from a top tier manufacturer, including Axial and RC4WD, should come out of the box perfectly. And that's what people should expect. Too many people just accept issues because of the do-it-yourself nature of this hobby. We are passed those days. We are much better in manufacturing and things should be made as designed. Sure, every manufacturer has defects that slip through quality control and out the door, but a good company will make it right and it should not be the norm.
I do accept it as being part of the hobby, small issues such as a hole alignment and a couple needing to be re-tapped was not a big enough deal to bother with a call to Vanquish. I was just surprised it happened with their kit. The VS4-10 was my first Vanquish product I have purchased so I have had no experience with them until now. Any of the issues I have had with RC4WD builds also were not big enough to warrant a call. I expect that there should not be problems with parts or missing items but little things are just not worth the time to me or the waiting. Example- I had a miss molded dash for a Cross Military Kit, HRP was great in the customer service department, but it was a month to get one as they did not stock that part. A part such as that I understand not having as it is not critical for the use of the vehicle. The items I tried to order from Vanquish were spares that actually are needed for operation.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Wow! 20%! Thanks Vanquish Products!
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:06 AM   #45

Quote:
I do accept it as being part of the hobby, small issues such as a hole alignment and a couple needing to be re-tapped was not a big enough deal to bother with a call to Vanquish. I was just surprised it happened with their kit. The VS4-10 was my first Vanquish product I have purchased so I have had no experience with them until now. Any of the issues I have had with RC4WD builds also were not big enough to warrant a call. I expect that there should not be problems with parts or missing items but little things are just not worth the time to me or the waiting. Example- I had a miss molded dash for a Cross Military Kit, HRP was great in the customer service department, but it was a month to get one as they did not stock that part. A part such as that I understand not having as it is not critical for the use of the vehicle. The items I tried to order from Vanquish were spares that actually are needed for operation.
My point was the exact opposite. You should NOT accept issues. You should notify the manufacturer. A good manufacturer will want to know about the issue and see if it was an anomaly or if there is a production issue.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:15 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
My point was the exact opposite. You should NOT accept issues. You should notify the manufacturer. A good manufacturer will want to know about the issue and see if it was an anomaly or if there is a production issue.

That’s how VP responded to the issue with a batch of bearing carriers on the VS4. Replacement and return old parts, they identified the shift that production was bad on and adjusted. Then the came out with the new cnc chassis brace mod.
I’ve always gotten a response from VP, not the others

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:01 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I am curious to the tapping issue. I 100% have the machine check any tap that taps a part to make sure it was there after its work. Meaning, if the machine taps a part. Before tool change I put in code so the machine runs the tool across the laser and makes sure the tool tip is still in place with in .01 thou from the original tool offset. Anything else it alarms the machine.

As for extra parts, with out an email we may not be able to help you. We do keep parts off the site to make sure we can service customers of the vs4-10.
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:52 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post
I am curious to the tapping issue. I 100% have the machine check any tap that taps a part to make sure it was there after its work. Meaning, if the machine taps a part. Before tool change I put in code so the machine runs the tool across the laser and makes sure the tool tip is still in place with in .01 thou from the original tool offset. Anything else it alarms the machine.

As for extra parts, with out an email we may not be able to help you. We do keep parts off the site to make sure we can service customers of the vs4-10.
There were two 3mm holes on the left slider that I re-tapped, Screws did not want to start without force so out came the tap. purchased because of some RC4WD holes on a previous kit. It was less time to tap the holes than it would have taken to email or call. I will email Wednesday night for the spares. I did order 3 items today you had but not the 4 from Monday that were out. Thanks for your interest in the kit,
Old 03-06-2019, 06:20 AM   #49

I spent a little chunk of change ($33 last night before the VP sale ended. I finally pulled the trigger on OCP V2 axles for my 2.2 SMT10 build. I've been wanting these axles for a long time, but kept telling myself I didn't need them. Well I couldn't resist last night. I almost got the Curries instead, but they were out of stock every time I looked. Plus, I already have the Stage One kit and truss from VP so I really just needed the axle housings.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:29 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

Well, the perfect recipe. Taxes are a fraction of last year, im off work for a (4th) spinal cord/neck surgery, and Vanquish drops a 20% off sale.... it's time to treat yo self (and your oldest son lol) and update a few rigs Just waiting on Toyzuki now!

I think my Black edition is OG. Came in box like original silver lol.

HUGE THANK YOU TO VP FOR THIS SALE! You guys are awesome, this really brought my spirits up with what I've been dealing with for months again, no better timing for me!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:23 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Whoa, whoa, whoa, not nice. I feel triggered seeing the clearly lavish and irresponsible lifestyle you live and Elizabeth Warren told me this is not ok. If you have a VS4 I should have one and if you have 2... you must have voted for Donald Trump didn’t you?

I apologize, it was meant as a joke. Just a little jealous. I can only dream of dumping that much at once on an RC purchase. My wife would have my manhood lol

Last edited by Brian5582; 03-07-2019 at 06:52 AM.
Brian5582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:34 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshs4x4toyz View Post
Well, the perfect recipe. Taxes are a fraction of last year, im off work for a (4th) spinal cord/neck surgery, and Vanquish drops a 20% off sale.... it's time to treat yo self (and your oldest son lol) and update a few rigs Just waiting on Toyzuki now!

I think my Black edition is OG. Came in box like original silver lol.

HUGE THANK YOU TO VP FOR THIS SALE! You guys are awesome, this really brought my spirits up with what I've been dealing with for months again, no better timing for me!!!
Nice score! I was shocked both kits were in stock during the 20% off sale. I almost got one, but they are just too similar to an SCX10 for my liking. I'm looking forward to the Origin 2 with the hopes the drive train is more scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5582 View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa, not nice. I feel triggered seeing the clearly lavish and irresponsible lifestyle you live and Elizabeth Warren told me this is not ok. If you have a VS4 I should have one and if you have 2... you must have voted for Donald Trump didn’t you?
Please don't start that crap here. Go to chit chat.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:57 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

Thanks guys, I really contemplated even posting, but I havent made a killer purchase in the RC world for awhile. I have been a lineman 13 yrs (I am 35 now) and it looks like I am done for good. It is just wreaking havok on my body from an injury in 2012. 2 fusions, 6 replaced vertibrate and a DREZ procedure to rid some of the nerve pain, which didnt quite work..... My right arm has lost basically all feeling and literally 60% of its function from nerve damage, not to mention rest of body. So I get a spinal cord stimulator and a firm "this is it, we cant go in anymore". So fingers crossed, like I said perfect storm.

Not something I do everyday or even once a year There are much more expensive things we have to spend money on growing up, Its just a shiny picture and I wanted to build another toyzuki comp rig to meet up with groups again. So, thats my life for the internet today.

Maybe I should start a BLOG lol.
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 03:33 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I messaged Vp Monkey with my serial number then emailed parts need for my VS4-10 and here are the results- 1) Axle Bearing Set FEB00009 in stock and ordered, 2) VPS08082 Rear Axle, Axles in stock and ordered,3) VPS08330 Axle Gear Set, Not In Stock, and last of my wanted repair parts, 4) Front Axle, Axles Short Side and Long Side, Vanquish will not sell me these.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:37 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I messaged Vp Monkey with my serial number then emailed parts need for my VS4-10 and here are the results- 1) Axle Bearing Set FEB00009 in stock and ordered, 2) VPS08082 Rear Axle, Axles in stock and ordered,3) VPS08330 Axle Gear Set, Not In Stock, and last of my wanted repair parts, 4) Front Axle, Axles Short Side and Long Side, Vanquish will not sell me these.

Some of the items you have requested we do not currently offer for sell through the site but here are the part numbers for the items we do offer.

VPS08330 - Ring and Pinion - screws are included in the package
FEB00009 - Axle bearing set
VPS08082 - Rear Axle shaft

We will have the front axle shaft sometime in the near future. Here's a link to all of the parts we have for the VS4-10 kit https://www.vanquishproducts.com/vanquish-vs4-10-parts/

Regards,
Michael Pham

This was the response. I’m confused did all these items break, and if so how? And you need them. Since you say “last of my repair parts”
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:52 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Some of the items you have requested we do not currently offer for sell through the site but here are the part numbers for the items we do offer.

VPS08330 - Ring and Pinion - screws are included in the package
FEB00009 - Axle bearing set
VPS08082 - Rear Axle shaft

We will have the front axle shaft sometime in the near future. Here's a link to all of the parts we have for the VS4-10 kit https://www.vanquishproducts.com/vanquish-vs4-10-parts/

Regards,
Michael Pham

This was the response. I’m confused did all these items break, and if so how? And you need them. Since you say “last of my repair parts”
Right side front axle I broke using the vehicle, my fault, wheel was wedged and I gave it the juice. The other parts are for spares as it seems tough to get parts at times. The term "last of my repair parts" Means the last to be found and ordered. The only part actually broken is the one part you won't sell. Have found all others either from you direct or secondary market. The closest Hobby Shop for me is a 3 hour drive and they do not handle Axial or Vanquish. The next closest was "Norwood Hobby Shop" and Ray closed in November of 2018 and was a 2 hour trip.

Last edited by sherbs; 03-07-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:51 PM   #57
20K Club

Quote:
Right side front axle I broke using the vehicle, my fault, wheel was wedged and I gave it the juice. The other parts are for spares as it seems tough to get parts at times. The term "last of my repair parts" Means the last to be found and ordered. The only part actually broken is the one part you won't sell. Have found all others either from you direct or secondary market. The closest Hobby Shop for me is a 3 hour drive and they do not handle Axial or Vanquish. The next closest was "Norwood Hobby Shop" and Ray closed in November of 2018 and was a 2 hour trip.
I just pulled up the email to see this as well. I think the problem was that it didn’t say repairs or that you broke a part in the email. If there was a break, we take care of it. We can easily get it taken care of, just shoot a pic over and Michael can get replacements handled. We have seen almost no axle shaft failures to this point but we will still have the parts on the site before too long, but we would have still handled a broken part the same way.

Shoot us an email with the details and replacement parts will be no issue.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:32 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I just pulled up the email to see this as well. I think the problem was that it didn’t say repairs or that you broke a part in the email. If there was a break, we take care of it. We can easily get it taken care of, just shoot a pic over and Michael can get replacements handled. We have seen almost no axle shaft failures to this point but we will still have the parts on the site before too long, but we would have still handled a broken part the same way.

Shoot us an email with the details and replacement parts will be no issue.
The broken Axle is the right side,the long one, the axle is at the track in the garbage. After sleeping on it I've decided @61 I'm not going to go dumpster diving in the winter so I can take a picture of it. I broke it, I have no warranty issue with Vanquish, totally expect to pay for it. I would just like to buy the part so my month old VS4-10 does not remain a 3 wheeled shelf queen. I do want to add that the breakage of the axle was not a part quality issue, it was my "I shouldn't have done that" moment.

Last edited by sherbs; 03-08-2019 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:43 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The broken Axle is the right side,the long one, the axle is at the track in the garbage. After sleeping on it I've decided @61 I'm not going to go dumpster diving in the winter so I can take a picture of it. I broke it, I have no warranty issue with Vanquish, totally expect to pay for it. I would just like to buy the part so my month old VS4-10 does not remain a 3 wheeled shelf queen. I do want to add that the breakage of the axle was not a part quality issue, it was my "I shouldn't have done that" moment.
Sherbs,

No need to go dumpster diving, please feel free on contact me at vpsupport@vanquishproduct.com with any issue or questions you may have as this process could have been handled more smoothly. I have sent you out a replacement axle set. Please check your e-mail for tracking information.

Michael Pham
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:35 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
Sherbs,

No need to go dumpster diving, please feel free on contact me at vpsupport@vanquishproduct.com with any issue or questions you may have as this process could have been handled more smoothly. I have sent you out a replacement axle set. Please check your e-mail for tracking information.

Michael Pham
Thank You, Please email a Pay Pal invoice for the part so I may Pay for it.

Vanquish 20% off - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanquish Currie F9? Vanquish Jockrocks? SSD Diamond Axles? 701scaler 1.9 Scale Rigs 15 01-04-2016 09:39 PM
vanquish wraith link on ar60 axle with vanquish xr10 knuckles? T3rry Axial AX10 2nd-gen 2 04-28-2013 06:11 PM