Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Memories of the Jeep CJ-7. Wondering why nobody makes a CJ7 body.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2019, 07:11 AM   #1

Default Memories of the Jeep CJ-7. Wondering why nobody makes a CJ7 body.

Back in the day my ride was a 1981 JC7 Renegade Black and Chrome with 12" body lift and 33" tires running a Chevy 350 and a Hurst 4spd Transmission. I used to fly down the powerline roads in Toms River NJ and backwood trails in my jean shorts. My steering wheel was my saftey belt, everytime I hit a big bump I'd go flying in the air holding onto the steering wheel for dear life to keep from being thrown. I still have slow motion fond memories of floating off the drivers seat in mid air while holding on to the steering wheel as my ass left the seat and my feet were off the pedals. I remember the exact moment a big black beetle fell into my shorts while bouncing up and down the bumps as I frantically tried to clear the bug from my crotch while steering and I'll never forget blasting along while trying to shake that thing out of my shorts. Once upon a time JC7's were the Muscle car of off road. You could swap motors, transmissions, suspensions. Same thing we do with our RC Cralwers today. -Mine had a Chevy 350 w/ Hurst and borrowed suspension from a Bronco. I even hand welded my floors in Diamond Plate. It had no No radio, no CD player, No Air Conditioning. Just a CB Radio and piolice scanner. But it was an American made Tank. Why is the CJ7 forgotten in RC ?? -Just sayin.

Thats what Im talking about ---> Jeep CJ7 Crawler

Last edited by jpt145; 03-15-2019 at 07:28 AM.
jpt145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2019, 08:55 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Memories of the Jeep CJ-7. Wondering why nobody makes a CJ7 body.

Because Tj's then Jk's then the new Jl... They gave all the comfort of a luxury car with the capability of a Cj. unfortunately its what people relate to and what sells, rather than a Icon in off road.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:36 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
unfortunately its what people relate to and what sells, rather than a Icon in off road.

I'm not really sure about that. How many north Americans relate to the Defender? Traxxas seemed to sell a lot of those....
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:40 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Personally I'd love to see one of these companies bring out an old school CJ, leaf springs and all. Closest we can do now is a Tamiya YJ, somebody should print upa CJ grille for one of those.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
Personally I'd love to see one of these companies bring out an old school CJ, leaf springs and all. Closest we can do now is a Tamiya YJ, somebody should print upa CJ grille for one of those.
Hells Yeah. a CJ7 Crawler body would be awesome. I still remember the reaction by us Truck guys when the Wrangler came out: Jeep was selling out to the yuppie crowd with a watered down Jeep, cheap to make and more comfortable for the average consumer. -The true identity of a Jeep died with the CJ7.... until recently (a while back now to be honest) with the new Jeeps. Nothing against those... still the CJ7's have a certain charm.
jpt145 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jeep cj7

Memories of the Jeep CJ-7. Wondering why nobody makes a CJ7 body. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for and wondering if someone makes this... KustomKreeper8606 Axial XR10 8 07-12-2013 03:03 PM
Project Jeep Cj7 Hard Body (3D print) novianto 1.9 Scale Rigs 17 10-14-2011 12:58 AM
Who makes a CJ7 body / Where to get driver yellorover Axial SCX-10 3 01-02-2010 04:45 PM
who makes a jeep gladiator body jetboat Newbie General 9 11-13-2006 08:28 PM