Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New Scale RC Podcast! "The Unrelated Rc Podcast"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2019, 12:53 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New Scale RC Podcast! "The Unrelated Rc Podcast"

Hi everyone! Me and one of my good friends just started a new RC podcast based on scale RC cars and news! We have just released our second episode. Our first episode was just an overview of what is gonna go on in the podcast in the near future. The second is following the format we are doing in our weekly episodes, keep in mind this is our first go at something like this so it is a work in progress but we are really trying to give back to the rc scale/crawling community.We are really trying to make a hard run at this so if anyone is interested please give it a listen/watch and give us some feedback and tell your friends! Also if anyone is interested in coming on as a guest feel free to contact us via email or dm! Thanks everyone! The Podcast is available on Youtube(Video feed)--(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GBc1xUJXOQ), Itunes--(https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...t/id1456215676), Stitcher, Podbean, Spotify, and Tune In (amazon alexa)
crawling71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2019, 02:33 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New Scale RC Podcast! "The Unrelated Rc Podcast"

Sub’d. Thanks.
karajabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:42 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I will check that, sub'd
antigacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:50 AM   #4

just listened to the first episode. Great work guys. The audio is great. Subd on stitcher.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
72square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:36 PM   #5
Gold Star Baby!

Cool idea dudes! Sub’d
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:52 AM   #6

can you maybe add it to google podcast?
TAOTAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:39 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAOTAO View Post
can you maybe add it to google podcast?
Yes! I am working on that right now. Not sure on how i missed that. It is submitted for approval as i type this. Ill update you guys once its up on google.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:00 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I came across it randomly on stitcher yesterday. I liked the concept that you guys described, but I didn't finish the first episode yet.

I know this is going to make me sound like a hater, but i hope it comes across as constructive criticism:

Maybe practice your banter and go over show notes better, there were pauses that sort of stopped the momentum of the conversation.

One of you (I don't remember which one) sounded like you were bored and had better places to be. it doesn't really engage with the listener that well.

cut back on how long you go on tangents. i wasn't really interested in your moto-x backgrounds.

Having said that, I did like that you discussed the traxxas tie-in to moto-x events and how relevant R/C is in the background of other sports. I think that's an important thing that hasn't been discussed (how people are brought in to R/C), and could be a whole episode in itself.

Don't let this discourage you though, all the podcasts I listen to had to work on the format and formula in the beginning. I'm looking forward to hearing more of you guys!

Last edited by makya; 03-24-2019 at 12:05 PM.
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:57 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
I came across it randomly on stitcher yesterday. I liked the concept that you guys described, but I didn't finish the first episode yet.

I know this is going to make me sound like a hater, but i hope it comes across as constructive criticism:

Maybe practice your banter and go over show notes better, there were pauses that sort of stopped the momentum of the conversation.

One of you (I don't remember which one) sounded like you were bored and had better places to be. it doesn't really engage with the listener that well.

cut back on how long you go on tangents. i wasn't really interested in your moto-x backgrounds.

Having said that, I did like that you discussed the traxxas tie-in to moto-x events and how relevant R/C is in the background of other sports. I think that's an important thing that hasn't been discussed (how people are brought in to R/C), and could be a whole episode in itself.

Don't let this discourage you though, all the podcasts I listen to had to work on the format and formula in the beginning. I'm looking forward to hearing more of you guys!
Thanks for the feedback! That’s what we are looking for! Yes we definetly feel that the first episode was pretty rough on all ends. We were just trying to put out an explanation of us and everything we do so listeners could feel more personally connected. That’s me with the dry voice I am trying to lighten up a bit and we both feel the second episode was much better on all fronts! I can promise we are working on getting better every episode! Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated!
Old 03-24-2019, 06:20 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawling71 View Post
Thanks for the feedback! That’s what we are looking for! Yes we definetly feel that the first episode was pretty rough on all ends. We were just trying to put out an explanation of us and everything we do so listeners could feel more personally connected. That’s me with the dry voice I am trying to lighten up a bit and we both feel the second episode was much better on all fronts! I can promise we are working on getting better every episode! Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated!

Thanks for replying! I listened on my drive home friday, and I look forward to pulling up the second one this week.
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:56 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

We are now also available on google play!
Old 03-28-2019, 01:26 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Had a listen today. Sounds like you are on the right track, and I commend you for taking this on. Couple constructive criticism points:

1. Try to refrain from saying "like" and "kinda" so often. It takes away from your credibility / confidence. Be prepared with what you want to speak about, which will eliminate most of that.
2. The one guy needs an energy drink or something, liven up! The tiredness in your voice makes me tired LOL
3. Try not to focus on your perceived shortcomings/faults. For example, it felt like half of the show focused on you saying that this is your first go, you will improve, etc. Just focus on providing good content - podcasts aren't about lip service, just good content. That's what will make your show stand out and succeed.

I listen to a lot of podcasts and the above things are what turned me away from a lot of shows. The ones I listen to are all professional, confident, and entertaining. You have an awesome topic with TONS of available content to discuss. Keep it up, I can't imagine talking for an hour, on your first show, that's publicly available, is easy. Sorry if this came off a little harsh, not my intent. Just want you to succeed!
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:13 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Thank you for the criticism. Like i said above we felt the first show was very rough Episode 2 was much better and we think we improved even more on episode 3! Thank you though. We are working hard to make this the best we can.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:14 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Episode 3 is also now posted on all audio services! Video feed will be coming sometime this afternoon.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:46 AM   #15

Subscribed. Kudos for taking the initiative.
maxinflixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 02:40 PM   #16

Digging the podcast keep it up!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
phillysteak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:14 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Episode 3 was much better. Keep it up guys
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:26 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Thanks everyone. We have had an overwhelming response on social media and at proline by the fire! We should be back on our regular schedule now after a few very busy weeks. Episode 5 should be live on all audio sources right now and video feed will be up later this afternoon! Thanks everyone!
Old 08-25-2019, 07:15 PM   #19

I just stumbled across this the other day and gave it a listen...all of them, actually. Y'all throw in the towel on this?

Just curious. Cheers mates.
r season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:56 PM   #20

Somehow I can not find the feed in Pocket Casts search but pasting the feed URL from podbean

https://feed.podbean.com/unrelatedrcpodcast/feed.xml

did the job.

Spotify lists just the first three episodes.

Last edited by Don Promillo; 08-28-2019 at 03:27 AM.
Don Promillo is offline   Reply With Quote

New Scale RC Podcast! "The Unrelated Rc Podcast" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TSR Speed Shop RC podcast TimSmith Newbie General 0 12-11-2015 08:38 PM
Great podcast Chris_The_Battery_Man Chit Chat 1 12-30-2014 10:06 AM
podcast idea wkxtreme Comments, Suggestions, and Help 1 12-17-2008 09:13 AM
r/c podcast? NeXt559 Chit Chat 2 07-29-2008 05:25 PM