Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Help with choosing a new model.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2019, 04:16 AM   #1

Default Help with choosing a new model.

I'm going to order on the site https://wisepick.org/best-rc-rock-crawler one of the models. There did not take anything once, but the description is good. My past model is crushed and destroyed by my stupidity. I have little experience, so if you advise other models or places where you can buy, I will be glad. I want the average speed, but a good cross.
Liam659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2019, 10:00 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Help with choosing a new model.

There is so much wrong with that info on there it hurts.

Choosing a scale crawler....

One of the big three is going to be the best.

Axial Scx10II.

Vaterra Ascender.

Traxxas Trx4.

Run time is going to vary by driving style and batteries used.

Durability is good for all 3, rtr electronics are notoriously weak and prone to breakage. The Trx4 has a lot, The Trx4 Sport has fewer.

Axial Plastics are notorious, but they have served me well.

Vaterra is notorious for only using shorty packs and having torque twist.

All issues can be solved and Imo there is not a bad rig in my list.

Others will chime in I am sure.

Edit: If I was starting off fresh, not owning anything I would buy a "Trx4 Sport Kit".
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:07 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Don't waste your time with Amazon affiliate blogs / sites, I have yet to come across one with honest, reliable information.

Most of the products shown on that list are not even rock crawlers - I certainly wouldn't buy something through one of their links as they don't deserve the referral bonus.

The whole site was thrown together to sell, not to inform.

Now for your actual question:

I think that for a linked truck most people will agree that a TRX4 (whichever body you like the most) or a Vaterra Ascender (any version except the Suburban) would be a great choice.

If you prefer leaf springs and affordability go with the Gmade Sawback - I still drive mine as it's tough as hell and once the leafs are broken in it just plain works - but the diffs hang down enough that I end up sticking with class 2 tires as not to get hung up.
MrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:36 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlank View Post
Don't waste your time with Amazon affiliate blogs / sites, I have yet to come across one with honest, reliable information.

That may be true but it’s still worth the read, there’s some funny stuff in there!

“The Everest 10 also features a front and rear transmission and deadlock tires, making it easy for the crawler to drive over anything as long as there is traction.”

...I’ve been looking all over for deadlock tires!

TRX-4: “The shocks are filled, the screws are just right, and the gear mesh exactly how it’s supposed to be.”

...Apparently Traxxas is best in the business for tuning screws.

There’s more too.
karajabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:26 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

They called this one the "most realistic". Totally agree, I was staring at it trying to figure out if maybe it was actually a picture of a real car. Because it's so realistic.

What a joke. I suspect OP may have joined the forum just to promote that page.

...if not, hopefully he/she comes back because they REALLY need some guidance.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:42 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I also believe O.P. may just be here to advertise that "blog". Maybe not though?

I will point out that O.P.'s other posts do not contain any links, but they are made up of somewhat nonsensical English. They remind me of sentences put through a translator - and coming from "Liam from Australia" I would expect clearer writing, or misspellings vs misordered words.

The blog definitely does have entertainment value, I read it until it became overly repetitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
They called this one the "most realistic". Totally agree, I was staring at it trying to figure out if maybe it was actually a picture of a real car. Because it's so realistic.

What a joke. I suspect OP may have joined the forum just to promote that page.

...if not, hopefully he/she comes back because they REALLY need some guidance.
MrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlank View Post
I also believe O.P. may just be here to advertise that "blog". Maybe not though?

I will point out that O.P.'s other posts do not contain any links, but they are made up of somewhat nonsensical English. They remind me of sentences put through a translator - and coming from "Liam from Australia" I would expect clearer writing, or misspellings vs misordered words.

The blog definitely does have entertainment value, I read it until it became overly repetitive.
I agree.

A 2wd rock crawler??? Really....

Quote:
This SIMREX rock crawler is an impressive truck. It features a 2.4 GHz radio system and is ready to run straight out of the box. One of the best things about this crawler is that it comes with a speed of up to 20km/h. The crawler comes with a suspension system, and four–wheel shock absorbers. Note that this model is a two-wheel drive, which will be good news for all the drift lovers out there. Many customers have reported that the car is quite durable, despite its low price point. However, it is still best to avoid hitting objects when going at top speed, to avoid any potential damages. All spare parts are readily available on Amazon though, so you don’t have to worry about replacements. This is a great car for kids and adults alike, and can be used in a variety of settings, whether you want to drive it around the home or test it on the rocks! The rock crawler also comes with a comfortable remote control, ergonomic in design, to enable you to use it with great ease. The only downside to this rock crawler is the control distance which, while decent, is significantly lower than that of other models that we looked at.
MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote

Help with choosing a new model. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
choosing a body Sethhh Paint and Body 0 03-27-2013 07:22 PM
Need help choosing motor Alex's revo 3.3 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 10-27-2009 08:29 PM
need help choosing tomer Newbie General 3 11-26-2008 10:31 PM