Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: ECX Temper gen 2...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2020, 08:22 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: ECX Temper gen 2...

Anyone have one of these and the Capra? If so how does the little Temper G2 compare.
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2020, 08:51 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomp View Post
Anyone have one of these and the Capra? If so how does the little Temper G2 compare.
Stomp,

I really thought about getting a Capra, but instead got a bomber, smt10 and wraith used..... the Capra is smaller than these three, but larger than the Temper. Capra uses larger motor, servo ect. they are both 1.9 but overall the capra is larger in all areas, especially expense. kind of depends on what you want to do, our temper is a basement crawler now.... and perfect for that!!! Capra would be a better all around crawler, I expect the speed & performance of the Capra right out of the box is better than the temper.

my $.02
bdt00buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:05 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdt00buckshot View Post
Stomp,

I really thought about getting a Capra, but instead got a bomber, smt10 and wraith used..... the Capra is smaller than these three, but larger than the Temper. Capra uses larger motor, servo ect. they are both 1.9 but overall the capra is larger in all areas, especially expense. kind of depends on what you want to do, our temper is a basement crawler now.... and perfect for that!!! Capra would be a better all around crawler, I expect the speed & performance of the Capra right out of the box is better than the temper.

my $.02
Yeah the Temper G2 is surprisingly good for the price.

I have had a hair brained idea of putting some of the Redcat Portal axles under the Temper G2. If they fit it would be interesting to see how they perform. It is not a very expensive part to try out. Wonder what other mods would need to be done to make it work? Might be fun!

Old 02-06-2020, 08:47 AM   #64
1RC

Quote:
Yeah the Temper G2 is surprisingly good for the price.

I have had a hair brained idea of putting some of the Redcat Portal axles under the Temper G2. If they fit it would be interesting to see how they perform. It is not a very expensive part to try out. Wonder what other mods would need to be done to make it work? Might be fun!

I was looking at those too. I'd love to know if they'd fit and what it would take to install them
1RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:17 AM   #65
Wwk

I just bought MST MPA portals and next week I'll try to fit it into my son's Temper.

I also have Capra, but Temper is lighter and smaller, so it is more easier to take it wherever we go. It can do 80 % of Capras lines. Pretty impressive small rig.
Wwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:30 AM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwk View Post
I just bought MST MPA portals and next week I'll try to fit it into my son's Temper.

I also have Capra, but Temper is lighter and smaller, so it is more easier to take it wherever we go. It can do 80 % of Capras lines. Pretty impressive small rig.

Cool, looking forward to seeing how it goes. Keep us posted. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2020, 12:46 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Do you guys not like the stock tires? I have not had the chance to try them on rocks or anything other then my large snow mound from plowing my driveway, but man these things hook up better then any of my other tires on ice and snow.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:24 PM   #68
Tib
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Do you guys not like the stock tires? I have not had the chance to try them on rocks or anything other then my large snow mound from plowing my driveway, but man these things hook up better then any of my other tires on ice and snow.

We like them a lot, very grippy. We placed cardboard at a steep angle to climb onto the couch...didn’t even slip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:05 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

How much of a difference would a better ESC make with this little crawler? We have two of the Barrage Gen2's that have the Dynamite WP60a and they seem to be better. I also have the WP1080 in my Ascender and it is really nice. Anyone here change the ESC on their Temper G2? Thinking that changing to a WP1060 or the WP1080 and using my FS-GT3C.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:50 PM   #70
1RC

Has anyone tried the Ryukin kit from Dinky Rc, I'd love to see before and after crawling examples https://www.dinkyrc.com/products/ryu...c9da371a&_ss=r
Old 02-13-2020, 09:09 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

I went out tonight and drove the TG2 a bit at night and those stock tires do so well. It was -10F out and they stay soft and hook up so well. I put on the aluminum wheel Vaterra TSL and they sucked. I think the extra weight makes them dig in more, but also the became hard as a rock at these temps. Not sure what compound the stock tires are but they stay soft even at -10F.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:36 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Wonder how the "Weevolver" AKA HH Revolver 380 Outrunner would do in the Temper G2. Aside from the annoying high pitch whine of outrunners, this might be a nice option to improve performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdYlwFF2pQY

Old 02-20-2020, 08:57 AM   #73
1RC

Quote:
Wonder how the "Weevolver" AKA HH Revolver 380 Outrunner would do in the Temper G2. Aside from the annoying high pitch whine of outrunners, this might be a nice option to improve performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdYlwFF2pQY
I'm new to R/C so excuse my ignorance, would this only offer a higher top speed?
Old 02-20-2020, 02:33 PM   #74

The revolver would be great, right until it explodes the transmission. The tg2 does not have very beefy drive train.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:18 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RC View Post
I'm new to R/C so excuse my ignorance, would this only offer a higher top speed?

It would offer much more control and torque. I.e. you should be able to slow crawl with less jerky movements.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:20 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard View Post
The revolver would be great, right until it explodes the transmission. The tg2 does not have very beefy drive train.

I think it would be fine if you pay attention to how you are driving. If you get the wheels locked up and slam on the throttle, then yes something will probably break. No slipper on the Temper G2.

Other option would to be use the stock motor and install a better esc. Thinking I might drop in a WP1080 and see what difference that makes.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:01 AM   #77
1RC

Quote:
I think it would be fine if you pay attention to how you are driving. If you get the wheels locked up and slam on the throttle, then yes something will probably break. No slipper on the Temper G2.

Other option would to be use the stock motor and install a better esc. Thinking I might drop in a WP1080 and see what difference that makes.
Would you have to install a transmitter as well since the ESC in the Temper G2 is a 2 in 1 ESC+Transmitter?
Old 02-21-2020, 04:06 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RC View Post
Would you have to install a transmitter as well since the ESC in the Temper G2 is a 2 in 1 ESC+Transmitter?
You would have to swap the ESC and add a new receiver to get it to work. The unit it comes with is a combo ESC/Receiver. I have one of the FlySky GT3C transmitters so I would use a receiver to work with that.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:01 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwk View Post

Did you get a chance to put these in the Temper?
Old 02-21-2020, 06:16 PM   #80

Quote:
You would have to swap the ESC and add a new receiver to get it to work. The unit it comes with is a combo ESC/Receiver. I have one of the FlySky GT3C transmitters so I would use a receiver to work with that.

My wife and I have swapped ours over to a GT3C receiver and WP 1080 ESC. We're running them on 2S LiPos and they are working great. The Capras are better, but not by as much as you might think.
GRTWHT is offline   Reply With Quote

ECX Temper gen 2... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new ECX Temper Gen 2 compared to my custom Losi Mini Rock Crawler sully420 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 11 09-26-2022 05:47 PM
ECX Temper Gen 1 FullyBad General Scale Talk 11 02-09-2019 07:32 PM
ECX Temper spectre Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 30 01-03-2017 11:59 PM
My new ECX Temper driftomaniacs Scale Videos! 0 02-03-2016 08:46 AM